Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1571. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
I feel the same about decreasing block reward its like doing a premine of the premine without fair giveaways and i think it will destroy its credibility in a short-term but the readjustment of its difficulty its a must like expressed by someone in a early post.
Activity: 225
Nobody feels, that changeing the coin supply specifications is way unfair, and not an acceptable method?

I agree. The block reward will self adjust over time where they half ever 2 years (on average)

Adjusting the difficulty retargeting is one thing but I think the block rewards should be left alone

I agree, the block reward is not the issue here. The issue is protecting against multipools and large mining farms
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Nobody feels, that changeing the coin supply specifications is way unfair, and not an acceptable method?

I don't think coin supply specifications are immutable -> however, I think any changes that are made should primarily affect velocity, and not the resulting total coin supply when all is said and done.  And in this respect, which is surely counter-intuitive for short-term speculators, increasing velocity and the rate of minting is preferable to reducing velocity.  The quicker we get to the ultimate total coin supply, and thereby past the inflationary period, the better.  All coins have to go through this period, and it lasts quite some time, which is hard for many to wrap their heads around.  While coins are being minted at a rapid pace, inflation and thus market price decrease are a fact of life for ALL coins.  Mid-term trends seem to bear out this classical fact of economics even in the crypto-currency markets.  Speeding that process along, even at the cost of short-term market value (which will be impacted the same regardless, only over a longer period of time) is a wise choice, and could even be used to bring in new faces and interest in the endeavor.

I know it seems to be backwards, but that is how the economic principles apply to all crypto-currencies because of how they mint coins.  Remember, a lower market price is not a loss of value.  As long as you continue to mine the same proportion of new coins that are minted, your increase in coins will exactly match the loss of value due to inflation.
Ok here is what Goldcoin did when they lowered their block reward from 500 to 50.  A couple weeks later instant surge to the moon.  Of course it dropped back down aftwards but the new baseline was still 10-30x higher.  Mind you, this was with a coin most of the community hated.  Everyone LOVES Digibyte.

I'm up for a decrease in block rewards. Maybe 2000 or less a block?
Increasing the difficulty of obtaining DGB would certainly increase it's value. I think it would be better that way.
Also, everyone seems to want Kimoto Gravity Well, so I don't see why not. I need to look up on what exactly it does, but it seems like it makes it easier to recover from multipool attacks somehow.

Decreasing the block reward will make DGB more scarce and price will adjust to this. How will this help against multipools? Or am I missing somehting Tongue

It wont, but i hope it would make my 900k digibytes worth a lot more... lol  

On a serious note, i think the gravity well is a must, many others have implemented it and have updated wallets.

I'd personally like that too, but it's not the right thing to do.

Yeah

Not implementing a better re-targeting protocol will harm Digibyte, that is very clear to see. So far the answer seems to be Gravity well.
Activity: 304
Merit: 252
CLAM Dev

I agree. The block reward will self adjust over time where they half ever 2 years (on average)

Adjusting the difficulty retargeting is one thing but I think the block rewards should be left alone
Activity: 224
Ok here is what Goldcoin did when they lowered their block reward from 500 to 50.  A couple weeks later instant surge to the moon.  Of course it dropped back down aftwards but the new baseline was still 10-30x higher.  Mind you, this was with a coin most of the community hated.  Everyone LOVES Digibyte.

Increasing the difficulty of obtaining DGB would certainly increase it's value. I think it would be better that way.
Also, everyone seems to want Kimoto Gravity Well, so I don't see why not. I need to look up on what exactly it does, but it seems like it makes it easier to recover from multipool attacks somehow.

Decreasing the block reward will make DGB more scarce and price will adjust to this. How will this help against multipools? Or am I missing somehting Tongue

On a serious note, i think the gravity well is a must, many others have implemented it and have updated wallets.

I'd personally like that too, but it's not the right thing to do.

Yeah
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Activity: 217
I think real value in DigiByte will appear if instead of seeking out merchants, they create their own resources to use DigiByte in.

Examples of this would be creating an eSports Betting site, where individuals could bet on big eSports competitions in Online Video Games (Dota 2, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Starcraft 2 etc). They would bet with DigiBytes.

Another would be creating their own marketplace. A site similar to Amazon, where merchants could sign up, post their goods and the whole thing would be exchanged in DigiBytes.

Just some ideas, I have plenty more if the devs are interested.
if you know how to use the tools you might use it becouse we trust in Digibyte sooner or later we'll improve this coin even more, i myself made my fate becouse i'm a miner since 2009 when BTC was first released but the idea behind it was uncomensurable to the closed mind! that's what make a good business man... FATE!

I have to disagree, we are not bound by our own fate, you make your own choices in life. In the spiritual sense, if you believe in that, maybe it could all be pre-determined, but we'll never know. We just have the tools we were given in life, our mind and body - the capability to be self conscious and perceive a reality. What makes a good business man is seizing the right opportunities at the right time. Timing and decision making.

Edit: and No I do not possess the ability to program websites as the ones I described, only design them. If someone that knows how to program wants to create these with me for DigiByte then I'm all for it. Until then, I will just leave it as an idea for the Devs to sponge up.

I'm pretty sure martins meant faith... Smiley
Activity: 224
Ok here is what Goldcoin did when they lowered their block reward from 500 to 50.  A couple weeks later instant surge to the moon.  Of course it dropped back down aftwards but the new baseline was still 10-30x higher.  Mind you, this was with a coin most of the community hated.  Everyone LOVES Digibyte.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Lets keep the votes rolling in to get DigiByte on AllCrypt: http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Ok here is what Goldcoin did when they lowered their block reward from 500 to 50.  A couple weeks later instant surge to the moon.  Of course it dropped back down aftwards but the new baseline was still 10-30x higher.  Mind you, this was with a coin most of the community hated.  Everyone LOVES Digibyte.

We are looking into these ideas. We are also looking more into the gravity well.

Generally a hard fork and block reward change could cause much confusion among new users. Especially when a mandatory update is required.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250

Leafcoin have just implement Gravity 3

From the OP.

" UPDATES - GRAVITY FIX - 3 ( YOU NEED TO UPDATE NOW! )

If you have an issue syncing... please delete peers.dat and restart wallet

We finally have a fix for those multipool attacks. I like to call them attacks since they do harm to this coin. We have implemented Kimoto Gravity Well in the source.
Be sure that you update BEFORE block 29300 21203 18818. Which ETA is +/- 1-2 days. The mac os wallet has not been updated yet, so are the debian ones not updated yet.
Windows and github already updated. "
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I think real value in DigiByte will appear if instead of seeking out merchants, they create their own resources to use DigiByte in.

Examples of this would be creating an eSports Betting site, where individuals could bet on big eSports competitions in Online Video Games (Dota 2, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Starcraft 2 etc). They would bet with DigiBytes.

Another would be creating their own marketplace. A site similar to Amazon, where merchants could sign up, post their goods and the whole thing would be exchanged in DigiBytes.

if you know how to use the tools you might use it becouse we trust in Digibyte sooner or later we'll improve this coin even more, i myself made my fate becouse i'm a miner since 2009 when BTC was first released but the idea behind it was uncomensurable to the closed mind! that's what make a good business man... FATE!

I have to disagree, we are not bound by our own fate, you make your own choices in life. In the spiritual sense, if you believe in that, maybe it could all be pre-determined, but we'll never know. We just have the tools we were given in life, our mind and body - the capability to be self conscious and perceive a reality. What makes a good business man is seizing the right opportunities at the right time. Timing and decision making.

Edit: and No I do not possess the ability to program websites as the ones I described, only design them. If someone that knows how to program wants to create these with me for DigiByte then I'm all for it. Until then, I will just leave it as an idea for the Devs to sponge up.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Morecoins.org perfect pool for you!

Our benefits:

Stable and fast SSD cloud hosting
Stratum with VARDIFF
Proportional payments
E-mail notification
Skilled technical support 24/7
Unique DDoS protection system
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Activity: 238
I say we lessen the block reward.
IMO 4.000 block reward and that gravity thing to retarget the difficulty, we should get our opinions and do some vote! call the dev's!!!!
This coin is dead and the dev's are gone too.

Stealcoin, go somewhere else and troll please.  The Dev's are alive and working on some major projects -> as they should be.

Concerning block reward and 1 block re-target:

Kimoto Gravity well is not a bad idea.  The re-target time is already quite reasonable, however, and I am not convinced that such a drastic change in order to appease the current miners makes sense.  But what do I know? Smiley

I am against a change to the block reward.  I think there is a slight disconnect in how this all works.  In the beginning of a coins life, measured in months and years, the coin goes through a period of inflation.  This is necessary, as the total money supply that the entire user base will ultimately use is minted during this period.  At this stage of the life-cycle, there were no exchanges and you couldn't buy a toothpick with Bitcoins.  This is the time period when real wealth is created in a crypto; the problem is that this wealth isn't measured by the current exchange rate.  The coin doesn't enter the period of deflation, and large-scale adoption, until much later in the coin's life-cycle.  Long after the speculators have left for what seems like a greener pasture, minting will naturally slow and the coin will begin appreciating in value.  It is then that the dedication of those who have mined the coin since the beginning profit.  This is an investment that lasts years, not days.

That makes good sense.
I say we lessen the block reward.
IMO 4.000 block reward and that gravity thing to retarget the difficulty, we should get our opinions and do some vote! call the dev's!!!!
This coin is dead and the dev's are gone too.

Stealcoin, go somewhere else and troll please.  The Dev's are alive and working on some major projects -> as they should be.

Concerning block reward and 1 block re-target:

Kimoto Gravity well is not a bad idea.  The re-target time is already quite reasonable, however, and I am not convinced that such a drastic change in order to appease the current miners makes sense.  But what do I know? Smiley

I am against a change to the block reward.  I think there is a slight disconnect in how this all works.  In the beginning of a coins life, measured in months and years, the coin goes through a period of inflation.  This is necessary, as the total money supply that the entire user base will ultimately use is minted during this period.  At this stage of the life-cycle, there were no exchanges and you couldn't buy a toothpick with Bitcoins.  This is the time period when real wealth is created in a crypto; the problem is that this wealth isn't measured by the current exchange rate.  The coin doesn't enter the period of deflation, and large-scale adoption, until much later in the coin's life-cycle.  Long after the speculators have left for what seems like a greener pasture, minting will naturally slow and the coin will begin appreciating in value.  It is then that the dedication of those who have mined the coin since the beginning profit.  This is an investment that lasts years, not days.
totaly agreed with you, but naturaly the technology evolve to a better alternative wich the readjustment of its difficulty seams to weak the real value and you can protect your investments with all miners isnt that what makes the altcoins a beaty world? democratic and descentralized currency!
Jump to: