Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1573. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hey,

I'm new to crypto (been around it for 2 weeks now) and I'd like to get into DGB. I was wondering how to buy some as it isn't listed on any exchange website at the moment. Here is my wallet address in case some of you would like to give me my first DigiBytes: D9FsZPBdhfT1KujkJQUyFeyMrdfPzAt6Ym Smiley

Thanks in advance!

uh, read the OP...its on a few exchanges. Easy to buy it now that bitcoin is way down, you'll get your moneys worth & then some

Oops, I probably missed that. Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
Hey,

I'm new to crypto (been around it for 2 weeks now) and I'd like to get into DGB. I was wondering how to buy some as it isn't listed on any exchange website at the moment. Here is my wallet address in case some of you would like to give me my first DigiBytes: D9FsZPBdhfT1KujkJQUyFeyMrdfPzAt6Ym Smiley

Thanks in advance!

uh, read the OP...its on a few exchanges. Easy to buy it now that bitcoin is way down, you'll get your moneys worth & then some
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
Hey,

Thanks in advance!
You can buy some Bitcoin and buy Digi's with it.
Activity: 193
Merit: 10
...I was wondering how to buy some as it isn't listed on any exchange website at the moment...
Subject = "Re: ★★ DigiByte ★★ [DGB] A Professional Cryptocurrency ✈ Android Wallet, CoinedUp ✔"
You don't seem very motivated by DGB & cryptos in general to make such a statement...
legendary
Attn Digibyte/OP:

Would you please consider removing all pools which have also have multipool servers from the pool list in the OP? 

Everyone will note that the difficulty has been bumped up massively today, which one can only assume is the result of a multipool targeting Digibyte. We went up to 3GHs on the network, now back down to less than 1.  Now we are left with hours & hours of trudging through this massive difficulty, at which point they will no doubt jump back on, causing the cycle to repeat. I know initially you wanted to list as many pools as possible, but now we have a large number I think we can afford to take actions such as this.

We can't stop multipools from doing this, but I disagree with promoting those pools in the OP of this thread.
Thx.

You can't stop multipools. Kimoto Gravity Well that's an answer or large buy support which doesn't exist here yet or I don't know if it ever will.

Seems like dev has dissapeared too.

yup, I know we can't stop them, but at least they don't need to be promoted in our own thread.

Kimoto will require a hard fork will it not?  Even if the dev is willing it would take a bit of time to organize. And the dev has to sleep some time Wink
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hey,

Thanks in advance!
Activity: 225
Attn Digibyte/OP:

Would you please consider removing all pools which have also have multipool servers from the pool list in the OP? 

Everyone will note that the difficulty has been bumped up massively today, which one can only assume is the result of a multipool targeting Digibyte. We went up to 3GHs on the network, now back down to less than 1.  Now we are left with hours & hours of trudging through this massive difficulty, at which point they will no doubt jump back on, causing the cycle to repeat. I know initially you wanted to list as many pools as possible, but now we have a large number I think we can afford to take actions such as this.

We can't stop multipools from doing this, but I disagree with promoting those pools in the OP of this thread.
Thx.

You can't stop multipools. Kimoto Gravity Well that's an answer or large buy support which doesn't exist here yet or I don't know if it ever will.

Agreed Kimoto Gravity Well is a good way to go.

The Dev was here less than 17 hours ago. There is also a Digibyte forum which they post and moderate on.
Activity: 215
Hey what are the fees associated with a P2Pool...  I saw a few pages back where one was charging 10%.  What does it cost to use Azure?
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
Attn Digibyte/OP:

Thx.

legendary
Attn Digibyte/OP:

Thx.
legendary
Bitcoin is crashing! read it https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20140210.html and buy some DigiByte as fast as you can!!! hold all you have and sell your BTC's

Bitcoin isn't crashing nor is it going anywhere just because of Mt Gox.  Mt Gox takes way too long to transfer cash and people should be using Coinbase or the likes anyway.  Mt Gox really has jack shit to do with the value of the coin.  The value is in it's service, accomplishments, and everything that is in the making and planned for the future, ATMs, wider merchant acceptance, etc.

The millionaire pump and dumpers of bitcoin haven't been able to push it below 600ish since the rise.  Which says a lot in terms of the volume of buy orders waiting to be filled.

Bitcoin is here to stay.  And believe me, you want it to be.  Afterall it is what we sell our altcoins for.  I do look forward to the day that some alts can be traded for cash though.
i do know about what bitcoin is or can be but MtGox are claiming that BTC has a flaw in its software and  had frozed all BTC withdraws, something caused by double spending by some users who discovered the flaw into BTC code and theyr exchange...

Yes, just be careful with your words, we want to refrain from scaring people thus creating a bunch of panic sells causing it to really crash.  Smiley

Mt-gox is in insolvency and has been limiting withdrawals for a long time now, this bug, which by the way isn't a big issue and has been known about since 2011 is just an excuse for Mt-gox to stop withdrawals, Why? Because they are insolvent and don't have enough Bitcoins.

The sooner people stop using gox the better.

Though I can't comment on what you wrote I could also believe that there is a coding issue at Gox which they have tried to shift the blame for onto the Bitcoin client itself. Otherwise fixing it would require a fork but Gox have stated that the only required "fix" is on the user side [read: their side].  Nonetheless, Bitcoin will not die as a result of it, it's rather inconsequential in fact, so it's a surprise to see a DGB price dip as well. Wishing I hadn't bought as much yesterday & had a few BTC left over to buy in today.

Interesting read relating to the topic: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/10/mt-gox-blames-bitcoin-core-developer-greg-maxwell-responds/

yes I saw this after I wrote the above & it contradicts the part about the fork. The more I read the more it seems gox is stalling by bringing up that bug, but with bitcoin foundation members offering "massive" amounts of capital to protect them from insolvency I do wonder what the true story is. https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/700-mtgox-insolvency/   (sorry for prolonging this OT)
Activity: 224
I'm sorry for posting pools ad on almost every page of thread, but this is the first place where new miners will look, and its important that they get information at first read. There is too much centralized hashrate and p2pool nodes are improtant part of healthy coin network. Old members can easily hide my posts, so they are not disturbed by pool advertising.

If the DigiByte devs don't want us to post ads, please inform us officially, and we will stop with posting. Or you can make some rules (post allowed every two pages, or something similiar)

Thank you for understanding

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azure DigiByte P2Pool

DDOS reisistant P2Pool Node

http://dgbpool.cloudapp.net:9022/

To connect to this P2Pool node simply point your miner at:

URL: stratum+tcp://dgbpool.cloudapp.net:9022
Username: Your DGB address
Password: Anything

Sample configuration

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://dgbpool.cloudapp.net:9022 -u DT7EVu3upbtudLrGxvppZgfz4q4L9ridR3 -p X

Fast facts

1. P2Pool nodes are all part of one single, big, distributed pool
2. When any p2pool worker on any node finds a block, everyone on all the nodes gets paid their share
3. There is no pool wallet, and hence no payout threshold. Payments go directly to your wallet
4. The distributed nature of p2pool resists DDoS attacks

Decentralize the hashrate!

http://dgbpool.cloudapp.net:9022/

Activity: 225
Bitcoin is crashing! read it https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20140210.html and buy some DigiByte as fast as you can!!! hold all you have and sell your BTC's

Bitcoin isn't crashing nor is it going anywhere just because of Mt Gox.  Mt Gox takes way too long to transfer cash and people should be using Coinbase or the likes anyway.  Mt Gox really has jack shit to do with the value of the coin.  The value is in it's service, accomplishments, and everything that is in the making and planned for the future, ATMs, wider merchant acceptance, etc.

The millionaire pump and dumpers of bitcoin haven't been able to push it below 600ish since the rise.  Which says a lot in terms of the volume of buy orders waiting to be filled.

Bitcoin is here to stay.  And believe me, you want it to be.  Afterall it is what we sell our altcoins for.  I do look forward to the day that some alts can be traded for cash though.
i do know about what bitcoin is or can be but MtGox are claiming that BTC has a flaw in its software and  had frozed all BTC withdraws, something caused by double spending by some users who discovered the flaw into BTC code and theyr exchange...

Yes, just be careful with your words, we want to refrain from scaring people thus creating a bunch of panic sells causing it to really crash.  Smiley

Mt-gox is in insolvency and has been limiting withdrawals for a long time now, this bug, which by the way isn't a big issue and has been known about since 2011 is just an excuse for Mt-gox to stop withdrawals, Why? Because they are insolvent and don't have enough Bitcoins.

Though I can't comment on what you wrote I could also believe that there is a coding issue at Gox which they have tried to shift the blame for onto the Bitcoin client itself. Otherwise fixing it would require a fork but Gox have stated that the only required "fix" is on the user side [read: their side].  Nonetheless, Bitcoin will not die as a result of it, it's rather inconsequential in fact, so it's a surprise to see a DGB price dip as well. Wishing I hadn't bought as much yesterday & had a few BTC left over to buy in today.

Interesting read relating to the topic: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/10/mt-gox-blames-bitcoin-core-developer-greg-maxwell-responds/
legendary
Progress update for the DigiByte exchange Digi-Pay.com:

It appears that we will have to delay development work on the DigiByte exchange until we can clear up a few legal issues. First of all, since we are located in the United States we must abide by all FinCEN regulations. This in itself is not very straightforward as there is currently no "clear" rules yet.

FinCEN: http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/

Our biggest challenge is now that a precedent has been set for individual US states to go after crypto exchanges things are going to get much tougher on cryptos: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/02/florida-targets-high-dollar-bitcoin-exchangers/

It appears that a "Money Transmitters License" will probably be required in each and every US State. Please note Paypal has applied for licenses in almost every US State: https://www.paypal-media.com/licenses

This is scary because existing companies such as BitPay, Coinbase, Cryptsy could soon find themselves catching scrutiny from individual states. To our knowledge they do not poses licenses in each and every state.

Getting a license in each state can be a very costly en-devour:

Forty-eight US states regulate money transmitters although the laws vary from one state to the other.[3] Most of the states[4] require a surety bond with widely ranging amounts from as little as $25,000 to over $1 million and maintaining a minimum capital requirement. There is an association of state regulators, the Money Transfer Regulators Association (MTRA)[5] that seeks to create uniformity and common practices and efficient and effective regulation of money transmission industry in the United States of America. The MTRA membership consists of state regulatory authorities in charge of regulating money transmitters and sellers of traveler’s checks, money orders, drafts and other money instruments.

Licenses will also probably be required by foreign countries. If anyone has any additional information on this it would be greatly appreciated. 2014 and the next six months will be a very interesting time for cryptos. It seems everyday now regulators are cracking down.

I've been thinking about this issue & have two questions:
- Would it be easier to "locate" the exchange in Canada?
- Is it easy enough to get money to & from Canada to the US?

My reasoning being that in Canada, without a complicated state legal system, it should be much easier to jump through all the necessary regulatory hoops etc. So saying, I have no idea what the financial laws there are.
Activity: 140
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
i'm felling bad just for giving the "news" what seams is more fake and disinformation from Gox than anything i could imagine... sad yes, sad day for ppl with money @gox and sad day for those who still trade with that exchange... i hope some of Goxed users look again to that place and see what Gox realy does to the BTC image.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
OMGGG, what happened to the price of DGB ?  Angry Angry Angry Angry Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sad day for crypto. That's all.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
OMGGG, what happened to the price of DGB ?  Angry Angry Angry Angry Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012
vertex output parameter not completely initialized
legendary

Jump to: