Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1572. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Ok here is what Goldcoin did when they lowered their block reward from 500 to 50.  A couple weeks later instant surge to the moon.  Of course it dropped back down aftwards but the new baseline was still 10-30x higher.  Mind you, this was with a coin most of the community hated.  Everyone LOVES Digibyte.

Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
I say we lessen the block reward.
IMO 4.000 block reward and that gravity thing to retarget the difficulty, we should get our opinions and do some vote! call the dev's!!!!
This coin is dead and the dev's are gone too.

Stealcoin, go somewhere else and troll please.  The Dev's are alive and working on some major projects -> as they should be.

Concerning block reward and 1 block re-target:

Kimoto Gravity well is not a bad idea.  The re-target time is already quite reasonable, however, and I am not convinced that such a drastic change in order to appease the current miners makes sense.  But what do I know? Smiley

I am against a change to the block reward.  I think there is a slight disconnect in how this all works.  In the beginning of a coins life, measured in months and years, the coin goes through a period of inflation.  This is necessary, as the total money supply that the entire user base will ultimately use is minted during this period.  At this stage of the life-cycle, there were no exchanges and you couldn't buy a toothpick with Bitcoins.  This is the time period when real wealth is created in a crypto; the problem is that this wealth isn't measured by the current exchange rate.  The coin doesn't enter the period of deflation, and large-scale adoption, until much later in the coin's life-cycle.  Long after the speculators have left for what seems like a greener pasture, minting will naturally slow and the coin will begin appreciating in value.  It is then that the dedication of those who have mined the coin since the beginning profit.  This is an investment that lasts years, not days.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
I hate it when people speak out their ass on shit they know nothing about.

dont spread fucking FUD asshole when peoples money is on the line.

IF YOU DONT HAVE PROOF.. FACTS.. REALITY.. THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Hey say wouldn't be true if i said DIGIBYTES GOING TO BE ON CRYPSY TOMORROW.. with zero proof.. zero evidence. IT WOULD BE AN EAT SHIT THING TO DO.

And I would get called out on that shit.

hey call for dumps, call for holds.. say " i dont think the devs are working hard" or say "i think this coin might get on cryptsy these week"

But when you are making direct definite statements with zero evidence, your just being a douche.
Activity: 140
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
IMO 4.000 block reward and that gravity thing to retarget the difficulty, we should get our opinions and do some vote! call the dev's!!!!

Agreed.  I'm ok with going even lower personally Smiley
perhaps we should implement first the gravity thing to readjust the difficulty and se what happends, later we vote about block reward!

Agreed.  I'm ok with going even lower personally Smiley
Activity: 304
Merit: 252
CLAM Dev
This coin is dead and the dev's are gone too.

No we are not, and no it isnt!   The dev who runs the digibyte forum account has had some personal things to take care of and his posted has been limited the last few days.  

That does not mean work is not still being done.  lowered forum post frequency != dead  

I've been looking into the gravity well and am working on setting it up on a test net. Like someone mentioned it needs to be tested before its released. It would require a mandatory update so it need to be organised.  

I'm not sure how you'd get the idea we were gone
Activity: 140
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
Lol, I have a feeling this won't last Smiley

Network Info
Difficulty   8.75040096
Est Next Difficulty   2.48121010 (Change in 143 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Block   3 minutes 32 seconds
Current Block   43777

Time to dump!
Activity: 182
Lol, I have a feeling this won't last Smiley

Network Info
Difficulty   8.75040096
Est Next Difficulty   2.48121010 (Change in 143 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Block   3 minutes 32 seconds
Current Block   43777
legendary
Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000
May the coin be with you..
Loving these cheap coins. Buying some more now. This is easily a 1000 satoshi coin
Activity: 224
Hey what are the fees associated with a P2Pool...  I saw a few pages back where one was charging 10%.  What does it cost to use Azure?

1% - you can check fee of every p2pool node by typing /fee insted of /static
 http://dgbpool.cloudapp.net:9024/fee

Azure DigiByte P2Pool - http://dgbpool.cloudapp.net:9022/

Sample configuration

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://dgbpool.cloudapp.net:9022 -u DT7EVu3upbtudLrGxvppZgfz4q4L9ridR3 -p X

http://dgbpool.cloudapp.net:9022/
Activity: 826
see my profile
@ Dev   please fix the retarget time (2.4h) it doesnt work.

it's not broken, it because we got jumped on by a multi pool.  They drive up the difficulty, then jump ship to another coin meaning those miners left on the network need to suffer through a really long wait for the next retarget as the remaining network hash is much lower than anticipated. It will retarget in 40 blocks from now.

Agreed Kimoto Gravity Well is a good way to go.

Surprised to read this (after some time not looking there), that DGB hadn't implemented Kimoto Gravity Well yet. Dangerous.
Now the coin is stuck for a while. 3-10 minutes per block instead of 1.

You can throw money at exchanges, then the price will rise, which makes the coin profitable again - then the multipool comes back :-)

I really like Digibyte. Surprised to see today that the marketcap is only 400,000$ (http://altcoinstats.com/). What can we do to make it more popular?
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
@ Dev
please fix the retarget time (2.4h) it doesnt work.

it's not broken, it because we got jumped on by a multi pool.  They drive up the difficulty, then jump ship to another coin meaning those miners left on the network need to suffer through a really long wait for the next retarget as the remaining network hash is much lower than anticipated. It will retarget in 40 blocks from now.

21 Billion Total Coins
    60 Second Block Target
    1st 3 days reward will be 16,000 per block
    Then 8,000 DGB Per Block, Reward Halves Every 2 Years
    0.5 % Pre-Mine (105 Million) Note: We are effectively now a .25% premine as over half has been given away.
    Scrypt, POW
    Difficulty Re-Target every 2.4 hours or 144 blocks

exactly.  the 2.4 hours estimate is based on the 60 second target per block. 144 blocks should average out to 2.4 hours but this is dependent on variables such as the changing network hash.
Activity: 882
Merit: 563
Bitcoin to the moon!
Hey,

I'm new to crypto (been around it for 2 weeks now) and I'd like to get into DGB. I was wondering how to buy some as it isn't listed on any exchange website at the moment. Here is my wallet address in case some of you would like to give me my first DigiBytes: D9FsZPBdhfT1KujkJQUyFeyMrdfPzAt6Ym Smiley

Thanks in advance!

I'd sell u a couple of thousand

At what rates? Cheesy I might be interested.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
@ Dev

it's not broken, it because we got jumped on by a multi pool.  They drive up the difficulty, then jump ship to another coin meaning those miners left on the network need to suffer through a really long wait for the next retarget as the remaining network hash is much lower than anticipated. It will retarget in 40 blocks from now.

21 Billion Total Coins
    60 Second Block Target
    1st 3 days reward will be 16,000 per block
    Then 8,000 DGB Per Block, Reward Halves Every 2 Years
    0.5 % Pre-Mine (105 Million) Note: We are effectively now a .25% premine as over half has been given away.
    Scrypt, POW
    Difficulty Re-Target every 2.4 hours or 144 blocks
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Hey,

I'm new to crypto (been around it for 2 weeks now) and I'd like to get into DGB. I was wondering how to buy some as it isn't listed on any exchange website at the moment. Here is my wallet address in case some of you would like to give me my first DigiBytes: D9FsZPBdhfT1KujkJQUyFeyMrdfPzAt6Ym Smiley

Thanks in advance!

I'd sell u a couple of thousand
Activity: 826
see my profile
Hey,

Thanks in advance!

uh, read the OP...its on a few exchanges. Easy to buy it now that bitcoin is way down, you'll get your moneys worth & then some

Oops, I probably missed that. Thank you!

Oh come on, let's send him some.

:-)
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
@ Dev

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
@ Dev

Jump to: