Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 349. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
and if you somehow manage to back up the wallet in the same file where it already exists, you have not made a back up!  And you are sure there are no other instances of the program running before install?

Yes, I uninstalled it and restarted the computer.  Re-installed it and checked the task manager before re-starting the program.  Same issue!
very strange......you don't have Norton running do you?

I have Avast.  Does that matter?
It shouldn't but I think Norton doesn't like digibyte and normally offers to remove it for free. The only thing I can think of right now is that your wallet.dat is possibly corrupt. Try saving it somewhere else first then deleting it from the digibytespeed file before restarting to see if that gets you a new empty wallet up.

digibytespeed file?  Where is that located in windows?
C:\Program Files\DigiByte\DigiByteSpeed      should be default.

I might have just fixed it.  I deleted all the block data in the block file and the wallet started but now it's re-downloading all the blocks.  Going to take a while.....
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
and if you somehow manage to back up the wallet in the same file where it already exists, you have not made a back up!  And you are sure there are no other instances of the program running before install?

Yes, I uninstalled it and restarted the computer.  Re-installed it and checked the task manager before re-starting the program.  Same issue!

It shouldn't but I think Norton doesn't like digibyte and normally offers to remove it for free. The only thing I can think of right now is that your wallet.dat is possibly corrupt. Try saving it somewhere else first then deleting it from the digibytespeed file before restarting to see if that gets you a new empty wallet up.

C:\Program Files\DigiByte\DigiByteSpeed      should be default.

legendary

legendary

Activity: 473
Merit: 250
is there a bootstrap available for fast synchro ?!

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

I do that every time.  It doesn't change anything.  I've tried restarting the computer multiple times as well.   

Quoting without using all the old conversation is a bit easier to scroll. :-)
Does anyone know hot to fix this?  I think I lost all my coins!  I can't find the folder with my old wallet data after installing the new wallet.  https://i.imgur.com/wLFmNfF.jpg

if you have backup .dat file, your coin is safe
open your task manager, do end task all digibyte.exe activity and try to open again, remember dont click digibyte core testnet
just click digibyte core (32/64bit)

I have tried to restart the wallet more than 10 times.  I get the same error.  I deleted it and re-installed it, still the same error.  I need help!

First things first. Do you have a backup of your wallet.dat file?

I have a feeling I'm screwed on the wallet.dat file.  I had it backed up in the same folder as the system folder for digibyte.  When I uninstalled and re-installed digibyte, that folder got deleted.  I think my coins are gone......!

Try looking in another location: if you're on Linux, look in ~/.digibyte and if you're using Windows, loook in %APPDATA%/local/Roaming/

Keep your fingers crossed and stay calm. All might not be lost just yet.

Good luck. I'm signing off, but there are lots of great, capable people here who can continue to help if you need it.

Still need help getting the wallet to open.  No matter what I do, I keep getting the same error.
open your task manager and end digibyte core process before starting again.

I do that every time.  It doesn't change anything.  I've tried restarting the computer multiple times as well.   
legendary
Does anyone know hot to fix this?  I think I lost all my coins!  I can't find the folder with my old wallet data after installing the new wallet.  

open your task manager, do end task all digibyte.exe activity and try to open again, remember dont click digibyte core testnet

I have tried to restart the wallet more than 10 times.  I get the same error.  I deleted it and re-installed it, still the same error.  I need help!

I have a feeling I'm screwed on the wallet.dat file.  I had it backed up in the same folder as the system folder for digibyte.  When I uninstalled and re-installed digibyte, that folder got deleted.  I think my coins are gone......!

Try looking in another location: if you're on Linux, look in ~/.digibyte and if you're using Windows, loook in %APPDATA%/local/Roaming/

Good luck. I'm signing off, but there are lots of great, capable people here who can continue to help if you need it.

Still need help getting the wallet to open.  No matter what I do, I keep getting the same error.
open your task manager and end digibyte core process before starting again.
Does anyone know hot to fix this?  I think I lost all my coins!  I can't find the folder with my old wallet data after installing the new wallet.  https://i.imgur.com/wLFmNfF.jpg

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Does anyone know hot to fix this?  I think I lost all my coins!  I can't find the folder with my old wallet data after installing the new wallet.  

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

I hope you didnt lose your coins, but there is an important lesson here.

ALWAYS, back up the wallet.DAT file to the desktop or any other folder than the one the wallet is actually in.

Activity: 31
So how do block rewards work with multiple algorithms? I assume all algos compete for the same block reward? Does that lend an edge to one particular algo?

What is the net hashrate?

Thanks

Blocks are generated on average every 15 seconds and the block reward is 901 DGB currently:
https://digiexplorer.info/blocks

Each algo's difficaulty is adjusted so it finds on average 20% of the blocks.
We had allot of multipool switching happen today due to the price fluctuations.
https://www.miners-pool.eu/mining-breakdown/DGB

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
woah that's a lot of money
So how do block rewards work with multiple algorithms? I assume all algos compete for the same block reward? Does that lend an edge to one particular algo?

What is the net hashrate?

Thanks
Activity: 31
Welcome to all the new people!

Here's some resources if you haven't seen it yet:

We have hit the SegWit activation threshold, activation in 5 days:
https://segwit.digiexplorer.info/

Dowload the latest v6.14.2 release here:
https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/releases

Blog post about why we support SegWit:
http://www.digibyte.co/why-we-support-segwit-digibyte

Latest round table with Jared about the future of DigiByte:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeanPZYeyq8

And if you need a block explorer:
https://digiexplorer.info/

Lastly the DigiByte Official Telegram group:
https://t.me/DigiByteCoin

@88flaminchevy
Wallet upgrades should work fine, your wallet.dat file will still be intact in your old install folder.
Make sure you have a backup then do a clean install, then copy your wallet back and start it up.

If you still have issues send us your OS and debug.log details.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Jump to: