Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 352. (Read 3058816 times)

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

DigiExplorer is sure giving weird data.

This was a change we were experimenting with to display OP_RETURN data. It is simply hex data being converted to ASCII.  Please ignore and will fix.

Shouldn't it be consistent across all pools? Or is Miners Pool participating more closely in the experimental process? (And the hybrid reporting for The Blocks Factory?)
Its just a data conversion from hex to ascii. Those other pools just had multiple tx's instead of a single one. Nothing to worry about.

Okay.

Not really worried though. Since zpool said they still hadn't upgraded their stratum servers for SegWit, and MiningPoolHub wasn't signaling before, and with TheBlocksFactory still reporting 100 confirms on their site, there just seemed to be a very high correlation between the data reported by DigiExplorer and those facts regarding who was completely updated and who wasn't - the only data reported by DigiExplorer that is the same as that for DigiHash is the data reported for MinersPool-eu (or format as it were). Based on the assumption that DigiHash is correctly confirgured, and given those facts just mentioned above, it would seem that only MinersPool-eu is 100% compliant. Those are the assumptions and logic I was applying, more to try and isolate the most reliable places to point miners, and not so much to suggest any issue. Just looks like some folks are still a bit out of step.

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

This was a change we were experimenting with to display OP_RETURN data. It is simply hex data being converted to ASCII.  Please ignore and will fix.

Shouldn't it be consistent across all pools? Or is Miners Pool participating more closely in the experimental process? (And the hybrid reporting for The Blocks Factory?)
Its just a data conversion from hex to ascii. Those other pools just had multiple tx's instead of a single one. Nothing to worry about.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

This was a change we were experimenting with to display OP_RETURN data. It is simply hex data being converted to ASCII.  Please ignore and will fix.

legendary

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
groestl is the algo currently keeping us from 70%. Looks to be a single miner, changing address on every new block mined.

And explanation for the different reporting on DigiExplorer?

The DigiHash and Miners Pool reporting is the same. The data for The Blocks Factory looks "hybred". The reporting on zPool and Mining Pool looks like what we had before.

What does this tell us?

Which different reporting?

Break Down Last 500 blocks = 67.8% signaling

Scrypt-Signal: 79 /500 = 15.8 %
Scrypt: 24 /500= 4.8%

Sha-Signal: 67 /500 = 13.4%
Sha: 35 /500 = 7%

Groestl-Signal: 14 /500 = 2.8%
Groestl: 87 /500 = 17.4 %

Skein-Signal 80 /500 = 16%
Skein: 19 /500 = 3.8%

Qubit-Signal: 99 /500 = 19.8%
Qubit: 0 /500 = 0%

I'm referring to the data as seen in the screen shots of each mining pool that I posted 4 posts ago.
legendary
groestl is the algo currently keeping us from 70%. Looks to be a single miner, changing address on every new block mined.

The DigiHash and Miners Pool reporting is the same. The data for The Blocks Factory looks "hybred". The reporting on zPool and Mining Pool looks like what we had before.

What does this tell us?

Which different reporting?

Break Down Last 500 blocks = 67.8% signaling

Scrypt-Signal: 79 /500 = 15.8 %
Scrypt: 24 /500= 4.8%

Sha-Signal: 67 /500 = 13.4%
Sha: 35 /500 = 7%

Groestl-Signal: 14 /500 = 2.8%
Groestl: 87 /500 = 17.4 %

Skein-Signal 80 /500 = 16%
Skein: 19 /500 = 3.8%

Qubit-Signal: 99 /500 = 19.8%
Qubit: 0 /500 = 0%
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

What does this tell us?
legendary

I say we run a contest and give the winner "the boot".

The contest is to see which is the last algo to signal SegWit, and the winner gets "the algo swap" in favor of a more widely distributed, fairer, and more end user friendly algo.

Let it be known and make it happen.

You can't have your cake and eat it too!

Send those ingrates packin'.    Cool

Edit: looks like The Blocks Factory (scrypt, sha-256, skein) and Mining Pool Hub (all pools) still haven't upgraded .
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Activity: 303
Merit: 100
POS / PRIMENODES

Edit: Disappointed whale dumps 66 million DGB, but before I posted this. Not my fault!  Cheesy

Just now: 80 million on a hammer down to 51 that closed at 57 (5 min chart). Ouch. The same guy?

Maybe it´s not a guy but a Coinexchange like Litebit.eu dumping a few of the coins they "bought" in the last days.

https://www.litebit.eu/en/buy/digibyte

Could be, but that kind of dumping is indicative of poor money/trade management and I wouldn't expect companies like Litebit to be guilty of that. But anything is possible. They also have restrictions on much they buy and sell at any one time, which you can get around a bit by storing up credits, but even then the amount of coins "available" to be bought or sold is still no where near the amount necessary to cause them to have to immediately "offload" risk in such drastic fashion. That price action looks very emotional to me . . . anything but professional money management.

Edit: the "pros" were most likely on the buy side. Wink

During the last pump I saw a trader place 400 million at 100 sat and remove it, was a fake sell wall. There is 1 or 2 huge holders of digibyte on Poloniex.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
Awesome, we reach now 66,75% for the Segwit, and we need 70%.

This mean 3,25% more and the Segwit can begin.  Grin

https://segwit.digiexplorer.info/
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Wallets should upgrade to the version, especially those SOLO miners and mining POOLs.
Here is the wallets: http://digibyte.co/digibyte-wallets
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
DigiByte? Yes!
60 million dgb are worth nothing compared to the same quantity of apple shares and this is unfair. Think of this as an investment opportunity of ur life.

And therein lies the problem with any cryptocurrency other than BTC. Most people treat it as a speculative investment instead of a currency.

People need to think of it as money, use it to buy/sell items in the mainstream.

As long as people think of it as anything other than money in their pocket to spend on stuff, there will be no progress.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Edit: Disappointed whale dumps 66 million DGB, but before I posted this. Not my fault!  Cheesy

Just now: 80 million on a hammer down to 51 that closed at 57 (5 min chart). Ouch. The same guy?

Maybe it´s not a guy but a Coinexchange like Litebit.eu dumping a few of the coins they "bought" in the last days.

Could be, but that kind of dumping is indicative of poor money/trade management and I wouldn't expect companies like Litebit to be guilty of that. But anything is possible. They also have restrictions on much they buy and sell at any one time, which you can get around a bit by storing up credits, but even then the amount of coins "available" to be bought or sold is still no where near the amount necessary to cause them to have to immediately "offload" risk in such drastic fashion. That price action looks very emotional to me . . . anything but professional money management.

Its not a whale its litebit who dump dgb. This could be indicative of them being in conspiracy with large segwit manipulator. He/she owns most altcoins including dgb since it has the capability to overtake bitcoin and even apple. 60 million dgb are worth nothing compared to the same quantity of apple shares and this is unfair. Think of this as an investment opportunity of ur life.

Perhaps you're right. It sounds like you know more about it than I do. I'll just say that I've done a fair amount of business with LiteBit and they strike me as being competent, honest, hard working folks. I've never had a problem with them. In fact, the exact opposite: whenever an issue arises, they're on top of things with an almost immediate response. I have nothing but good things to say about them and they've never given me any reason to believe that they'd do anything that wasn't in their best interest, like, say, picking sides with different coins. They're an intermediary and I'd be very surprised if they stepped out of that role, especially if it meant an instant loss of their entire spread made on the amount dumped. But anything's possible.

As for their possibly being involved in a conspiracy with a large SegWit manipulator, again, I don't see them engaging in that type of activity, but if they were to, how would dumping DGB affect SegWit?
Activity: 398
Merit: 110

Its not a whale its litebit who dump dgb. This could be indicative of them being in conspiracy with large segwit manipulator. He/she owns most altcoins including dgb since it has the capability to overtake bitcoin and even apple. 60 million dgb are worth nothing compared to the same quantity of apple shares and this is unfair. Think of this as an investment opportunity of ur life.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
Where can I find the current rate of Segwit signalling?
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

I say we run a contest and give the winner "the boot".

The contest is to see which is the last algo to signal SegWit, and the winner gets "the algo swap" in favor of a more widely distributed, fairer, and more end user friendly algo.

Let it be known and make it happen.

You can't have your cake and eat it too!

Send those ingrates packin'.    Cool

Edit: looks like The Blocks Factory (scrypt, sha-256, skein) and Mining Pool Hub (all pools) still haven't upgraded .
Jump to: