Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 6. (Read 3055409 times)

Activity: 207
Merit: 32
"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via" Seneca _
DGB in 2020 enter in the top 10 coins in marketcap  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490

I don't get a specific error. When I manually input the amount it asked me for my password and I enter it, It then tells me that it exceeds my balance, even when I try to send 100 DGB

i wonder if it is simply you are getting the pw wrong. You have not used your dgb wallet since 2014 - almost 6 years - any chance you have the pw wrong?

I am going to pw protect my wallet and then try to send but with a incorrect pw and see if it says simply i am exceeding my balance or if it gives a pw error message.

and yea, I confirmed - it is not a sync issue for you.

https://explorer-1.us.digibyteservers.io/address/DDiMGp1Zu7SGcPAtCLbsXCQU2btaDrgKWM

shows your core is 100% synced

I'm definitely using the right password. No question about it. I used the same PW across every QT wallet that I have  or had.
hmm ok

also about the dumpprivkey command you were having an issue with. In the console, do the following first:

walletpassphrase "" 600

then do the

dumpprivkey

copy the private key - close the core wallet.

copy the wallet.dat file and store elsewhere. then delete the one in dgb folder so that when you open core wallet it will create a new one.

once you are back in and sync'd

open console and use

importprivkey

and see if it will import your addresses and then allow you to spend your dgb.

DO NOT DELETE the original wallet.dat file until you are sure the new wallet.dat file correctly imported the priv key.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0

I don't get a specific error. When I manually input the amount it asked me for my password and I enter it, It then tells me that it exceeds my balance, even when I try to send 100 DGB

i wonder if it is simply you are getting the pw wrong. You have not used your dgb wallet since 2014 - almost 6 years - any chance you have the pw wrong?

I am going to pw protect my wallet and then try to send but with a incorrect pw and see if it says simply i am exceeding my balance or if it gives a pw error message.

https://explorer-1.us.digibyteservers.io/address/DDiMGp1Zu7SGcPAtCLbsXCQU2btaDrgKWM

I'm definitely using the right password. No question about it. I used the same PW across every QT wallet that I have  or had.
legendary

Please help. I had a wallet that I created in 2014. I deleted the qt wallet several years ago. I downloaded the latest version of the qt wallet and imported my wallet file. My DGB is there and it shows my available balance. However, I can not click on send available balance nor can I send a small amount of DGB.  It shows my available balance of over 1800+ DGB but even if I try to send 100 DGB my wallet says that  don't have enough. Does anyone have any suggestions?

has the client fully sync'd? if not, you need to allow that to happen.

Yes it has fully synced.

can you dump the private key and try to re-add it? you are the second person I know that has had an issue, theirs was a little different, they went a while without using the wallet then downloaded the new one, the wallet file had some of their transactions but not all of them - the only thing I think of for them - they had several wallet.dat files - we tried loading each and every one of them to no avail.

if you can share a snapshot of the error message.

I have posted the images below. As you can see my wallet shows an available balance. However on the send screen when I click "use available balance" nothing happens. It stays at 0. I tried to dump the private key but I'm not exactly sure how to do it. The console tells me to add my passphrase to my command but I'm not sure how to do that and Google has not been helpful.

When I type dumpprivkey "DDiMGp1Zu7SGcPAtCLbsXCQU2btaDrgKWM" I get Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first. (code -13)
I've tried entering passphrase but I must not be formatting it correctly. How should that command look?

https://pasteboard.co/JbrTzqL.jpg
https://pasteboard.co/JbrUslK.jpg

your images did not work. and that may be the issue - if your wallet is locked (ie, you are not entering passphrase correct) that might keep you from sending any. Let me play around with mine and will see if I can get you the right syntax.

legendary
Please help. I had a wallet that I created in 2014. I deleted the qt wallet several years ago. I downloaded the latest version of the qt wallet and imported my wallet file. My DGB is there and it shows my available balance. However, I can not click on send available balance nor can I send a small amount of DGB.  It shows my available balance of over 1800+ DGB but even if I try to send 100 DGB my wallet says that  don't have enough. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yes it has fully synced.

can you dump the private key and try to re-add it? you are the second person I know that has had an issue, theirs was a little different, they went a while without using the wallet then downloaded the new one, the wallet file had some of their transactions but not all of them - the only thing I think of for them - they had several wallet.dat files - we tried loading each and every one of them to no avail.

I have posted the images below. As you can see my wallet shows an available balance. However on the send screen when I click "use available balance" nothing happens. It stays at 0. I tried to dump the private key but I'm not exactly sure how to do it. The console tells me to add my passphrase to my command but I'm not sure how to do that and Google has not been helpful.

When I type dumpprivkey "DDiMGp1Zu7SGcPAtCLbsXCQU2btaDrgKWM" I get Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first. (code -13)
I've tried entering passphrase but I must not be formatting it correctly. How should that command look?

your images did not work. and that may be the issue - if your wallet is locked (ie, you are not entering passphrase correct) that might keep you from sending any. Let me play around with mine and will see if I can get you the right syntax.

Yes it has fully synced.

https://pasteboard.co/JbrTzqL.jpg
https://pasteboard.co/JbrUslK.jpg
legendary

Yes it has fully synced.

Yes it has fully synced.
legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
This is great, the last few years I used Digibyte and I really like this project. Transactions that are so fast and low cost make me often do cryptocurrency transactions via Digibyte. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
Sorry to see Jared go.  All of us at FreeBitcoins.com (Xploited [old Digibyte digibyte dev] and I) hope Jared has a nice summer!!!

*whispers* If you need a place to sell some Digibyte, feel free to use our books! *end whisper*
Activity: 274
Merit: 101

Jared Tate stepped down from heading up Digibyte because he wanted to set an example that actions are more powerful than just words. He truly is serious about decentralization and showed it with his decentralized stepping down.... But he is holding onto his DGB bag with a passion because he knows it can succeed without heading it up.

Jared wrote: "Stepping away from social media & taking a well earned summer sabbatical does not equate to selling everything & leaving forever. I still hold 99% of all my crypto in DGB & always will. Its time for DigiByte to shine on its own."

https://twitter.com/jaredctate/status/1262437732695105541

Putting it in a nicer way....

Jared was never the head of Digibyte, he was the founder and developer.

Digibyte has no "head" or ceo or any leader, its DECENTRALISED.

Activity: 552
Merit: 110

Jared Tate stepped down from heading up Digibyte because he wanted to set an example that actions are more powerful than just words. He truly is serious about decentralization and showed it with his decentralized stepping down.... But he is holding onto his DGB bag with a passion because he knows it can succeed without heading it up.

Jared wrote: "Stepping away from social media & taking a well earned summer sabbatical does not equate to selling everything & leaving forever. I still hold 99% of all my crypto in DGB & always will. Its time for DigiByte to shine on its own."

https://twitter.com/jaredctate/status/1262437732695105541

-----------------------

WONDERFUL NEWS about DGB working together with the European commission. Will DGB blockchain be used for govt. national cryptos also?:

Great news. A Matchmaker has been appointed for the Digibyte team by the European Commission, to guide them through the matchmaking process that the European Commission is finalizing so the DGB Team can be prepared to meet potential partners from public and private sector.

https://twitter.com/RudyBouwman/status/1260217187274539011
legendary
Thank you very much for this excellent and very helpful post. I will try to do what you suggested.
You are a splendid forum member.

well thank you but thank me after it works - if it works. just remember under no circumstances, delete the original files - my listed process is simply how to open one each separately to try and identify if there is first different wallets/private keys involved, second to get those private keys and third combine the balances.
Activity: 224
Merit: 23
Thank you very much for this excellent and very helpful post. I will try to do what you suggested.
You are a splendid forum member.
legendary
Please can a member help me solve my problem. Years past I dig some digibytes. Now 2 days past I try to sell half to bitcoin. When i try to move digibyte to exchange, I can not move the amount I would like. Wallet says available amount which is far smaller than my total amount in the wallet? Can share some thoughts to help me transfer the correct amount I want?
Something wrong?

what wallet are you using?

do you have more than one dgb address in your wallet? or rather more than one key?

not sure but I believe it is possible to put read only addresses - ie watch addresses (in some of the wallets out there) - it will let you see the balance but you cannot send from it as you dont have the private key.

Hi sir,
Thank you for your help. It is the very new wallet that I download 2 days past. When I go to app data place to put wallet inside there is now a new folder with 3 wallet files inside wallet lock and one more. Usually there is not additional folder inside with these files.  Should I delete everything in that folder not only wallet.dat. Thank you.

you have not said which wallet yet - I will assume, based on things you have said, you are talking about the core wallet/node.
do not delete any wallet.dat files ever! unless you know they are a duplicate. the wallet lock is because you have the wallet/node open and the locked wallet is the one it currently has open.

it would be hard for me to explain but what you need to do is:

1. close the wallet
2. move all the wallet.dat files and store them somewhere else - in a folder on your desktop would be fine.
3. move a copy (leave the original files where you put them) of one wallet to the app data folder
4. make sure the file is names wallet.dat (i do not think the dgb core can read different wallet file names like the bitcoin core can)
5. open the wallet
6. let it fully sync
7. check your balance
8. pull your private key and save it
 --- do you know how to pull private key?
9. close core wallet
10. remove the copied wallet.dat file out of the app data folder

--- repeat the above for each wallet.dat file - never delete the originals.

it may be possible that the files are just for the same private key/public addresses - without seeing them, I cannot tell and I do not suggest sending your files and/or private keys to anyone unless you can trust them or you simply have no other recourse - even then it can be tricky.

I have done the process above with various nodes/wallets and have always been able to recover funds if the wallet.dat files are not password protected (unless I have the password) are are not corrupt or duplicates of one another.

If it turns out you have various private keys (ie each wallet.dat file is a separate private key) - you can select one to keep - the one you keep get a receive address from the wallet - make sure you have it correct.
Then one by one, do the above process but before closing the wallet, do a send of all the funds on each private key to the address you obtained from the private key you are saving.

If it turns out you have only one private key between all those wallets - you will only need to keep one file --- at that point, if you determine all the files have the same private key, you can delete the other wallet.dat files ---- but only if they are the same!

I hope I did not confuse you or that I missed anything.

depending on the amount of funds you have - I would not do any of the above unless you are confident you can do so without any mistakes.

feel free to pm me if you need further help or have questions

and PLEASE if anyone reads this and sees an error in how I wrote it, please let me know! I have done it many times so I know I can do it but I may have also forgotten a step or said it wrong.

ANOTHER reason why you dont delete the original wallet.dat files - as long as you have them, you have a chance of getting the funds held within them.
Activity: 224
Merit: 23
Please can a member help me solve my problem. Years past I dig some digibytes. Now 2 days past I try to sell half to bitcoin. When i try to move digibyte to exchange, I can not move the amount I would like. Wallet says available amount which is far smaller than my total amount in the wallet? Can share some thoughts to help me transfer the correct amount I want?
Something wrong?

what wallet are you using?

do you have more than one dgb address in your wallet? or rather more than one key?

not sure but I believe it is possible to put read only addresses - ie watch addresses (in some of the wallets out there) - it will let you see the balance but you cannot send from it as you dont have the private key.

Hi sir,
Thank you for your help. It is the very new wallet that I download 2 days past. When I go to app data place to put wallet inside there is now a new folder with 3 wallet files inside wallet lock and one more. Usually there is not additional folder inside with these files.  Should I delete everything in that folder not only wallet.dat. Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: