Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 751. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Well done 24. The more you play the bigger the discount in your shop!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
We are proud to announce...

★★★ The First DigiByte Gaming Sponsorship★★★

by

House of Blue Jeans

DigiByte Gaming Payouts ★DOUBLED★ This Weekend by House of Blue Jeans

a special thanks to 24hralttrade for setting up this sponsorship to help bring new people in to DigiByte

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Activity: 637
DGB is on a roll lately. The gaming wallet is a good release.
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
Activity: 658
Lots of exciting stuff lately I think we are due for another digibyte report. Any idea on when we may get one?
legendary
Ok, So who just bought DGB upto 225 on polo?
A couple of very polite well mannered twin boys. Testing out the competition but didn’t want to waste any of their bitcoin, they said. Now what were their names again? Tyler and Cameron, I think that’s right yes I'm sure it is.  Grin
Activity: 658
Digibyte mentioned in this article  Cheesy
http://altcoinpress.com/2015/10/insider-secrets-to-building-a-truly-great-altcoin/

Marketing and Branding

A coin does not need to be great or unique as evident from what we have seen with dogecoin but another way of making it a success is via “marketing and branding”. Digibyte is one example as after the huge investment funding, it tries to reestablish and change its image to attract followers with its completely redesigned website, introduction of mascot (Digi-Man), development of payment systems and infrastructure, offering incentive by doing free giveaways playing League of Legends (riding on the gaming popularity of course) and changing its strategy to promote DigiByte as a reliable payment platform for merchants. And yes, you need funding to make that happen.

This is awesome for DGB! People are actually aware of DGB, but keeping quiet while buying more Smiley
That pump with %300 in Polo a few hours back explains this. Future is Bright with DigiByte!

Yeah wow that was some move this morning! I think the run is over for today but we shall resume again in the near future   Cool
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
http://altcoinpress.com/2015/10/insider-secrets-to-building-a-truly-great-altcoin/

Marketing and Branding

A coin does not need to be great or unique as evident from what we have seen with dogecoin but another way of making it a success is via “marketing and branding”. Digibyte is one example as after the huge investment funding, it tries to reestablish and change its image to attract followers with its completely redesigned website, introduction of mascot (Digi-Man), development of payment systems and infrastructure, offering incentive by doing free giveaways playing League of Legends (riding on the gaming popularity of course) and changing its strategy to promote DigiByte as a reliable payment platform for merchants. And yes, you need funding to make that happen.

This is awesome for DGB! People are actually aware of DGB, but keeping quiet while buying more Smiley
That pump with %300 in Polo a few hours back explains this. Future is Bright with DigiByte!

Marketing and Branding

*cough* lol developer *cough*
Haha that would be something if LoL devs buying dgb haha
legendary
Activity: 801

*cough* lol developer *cough*
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Vertical buy wall @55 at poloniex  Shocked

EDIT: 6 millions DGB actually
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Cryptsy does not look to be in good shape at all. Here I can see a sell order lower than buy bids

Seems Cryptsy can not get rid of the 10000 DGB at 38 Sat, they are still listed, despite the latest buy offer of 39 Sat!
legendary
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/i-broke-bitcoin

Cryptsy is using Malleability as an excuse for not paying people their BTC.
legendary
Cryptsy does not look to be in good shape at all. Here I can see a sell order lower than buy bids
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
in case nobody has noticed this yet, Cryptsy's withdrawal fee for DGB has changed to 0.5% amount of DGB withdrawn + 1DGB if i rmb correctly.
So if you are withdrawing 1000DGB, fee is about 5DGB. 100 000DGB will be 500DGB.
used to simply exchange my BTC for DGB for supercheap withdraws (1DGB only).

Craptsy soon enough will be closing so f... them Cheesy
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
in case nobody has noticed this yet, Cryptsy's withdrawal fee for DGB has changed to 0.5% amount of DGB withdrawn + 1DGB if i rmb correctly.
So if you are withdrawing 1000DGB, fee is about 5DGB. 100 000DGB will be 500DGB.
used to simply exchange my BTC for DGB for supercheap withdraws (1DGB only).
legendary
@ bogglor, My point is that I could buy and sell to myself all day. It would cost me nothing and the DGB traded on Cryptsy would be whatever I shifted. In this case I suspect I'd get a bot to do it for me.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/digibyte/trading_exchanges

I really doubt this is happening to artificially inflate the number the volume of DGB.

And yes, you could do it all day if you wanted to, but if someone sees trades like this happening, and does some strategic trades while your bot is running, they could make you lose some money. It's not worth the trouble/risk.

It's way more likely that the volume of DGB has been high because the price spiked.

People would be more likely to try and pump/dump by the type of trade manipulation method you suggest than they would be to raise the trading volume for no reason.

said people are possibly being investigated as we ponder! I'm just saying this setup allows deceit and in the light of it, I'm not willing to guess coinfire accusations are unfounded.

So, if I understand you correctly...

They eliminated trading fees so they could artificially inflate their trade volume, so that more people would come and trade, so that they wouldn't make any money off of that trading because there are no trading fees.

Um, I'm not seeing the logic here...

No, I do not think you do understand me…

I’m not saying they did anything for any reason. What I am saying is that they have provided a tool for market manipulation (no fees.) to everyone now and one of the accusations that is being made against them is market manipulation.

But, I’m sure that they will still make money because they have a fee on everything that goes off the exchange and looking like they are very active and have more volume than they actually do will not harm them either.

I’m not letting my mind run off with all sorts of other possibilities because I simply don’t know. I have used Cryptsy for a good while now and have never personally had any issues, that they did not sort out with efficiency, with their service but for the time being I have removed my trade from their exchange while these accusations are followed up.

How does anyone know what the real volume of trade is on Cryptsy right now?
Jump to: