Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 793. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I thought I might share my thoughts with the community, It’s the next craziest thing to talking to yourself, I feel.
Nobody is mining DGB for profit at the moment, it simply is not profitable!
So why I am so desperate to get thousands of little, educational, hobbyist miners paying more for the electricity they consume than the coin they mine is currently being sold for at market?
I've said it before and I will say it again. Our mining network speed is so small that it allows people to take advantage of us. A lot of the time someone points a lot of mining power at it to make sure it is not profitable and move profit seeking miners out of the picture, I don’t miss these guys because they were probably going to sell their dgb immediately anyway. When it is safe to do so, the big miner pulls back his mining and continues to mine as much coin as he can at lower difficulty. When people realise that once again there is a chance of making a better profit than BTC the power comes on again and the cycle is repeated.

Because, I believe, the people that do this do not care much for DGB, in fact I believe they deliberately want to pin it down. They sell their DGB at whatever the market price is, continually pushing the price further down. Every time someone gets near attracted to DGB and puts some BTC up, someone snatches it off them like DGB is on the way out. Trading only compounds these issues because most traders do not care about the health of the digibyte network either and are happy to shift 20 to 25 sat all day long or 15 to 20, the point is, it does not matter to them.

Everyone has their part to play in a ‘true community’ but there should not be much to do down here other than mine and hold if you can and hoard if you really can't. What you should not be doing is selling DGB at the moment, not if you believe in it and as you might be able to judge I do.
What I would like to see is; as many people as is possible join our community and become knights, spending a few pence a day in energy on top of a modest outlay for say a raspberry pi and a stick miner as they educate themselves about blockchain technology and understand why it is going to change the world we live in and only for the better if we are true to ourselves and stand together like a community should. If while mining you also buy at least as much as you mine, you will really be helping to put the pressure on as well as increasing your  'long term' rewards.
We pride ourselves on the fact that DigiByte is for everyone because so little on this planet is!
Please help us try to change that.
Here is a competition, anyone can take part but there will be a considerable bonus for the winner if they are mining in our official DigiByte pool.
https://digibytegroup.com/project/contest-august-2015/

and here is some useful information to help you if you consider becoming a knight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLDrSiI_ic  
4:33  
http://digihash.co/getting_started    
Digibyte sha-256

and if you happen to be a much larger miner with your own power production facilities and share our vision for a better future too, of course you are very welcome here as well.

legendary

500,000 DGB @ House of Blue Jeans  Grin
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
what happened with digiexplorer? Seems down, my gaming wallet cannot sync.
currently seeing 502 bad gateway!

Reported
legendary
currently seeing 502 bad gateway!
legendary
Having received communications from Jared, I know now the first DigiKnow has been pulled for the time being, he’s not quite ready to release the content in its current format. However he added, the DigiReport is ready to go!   …..so looking forward to that and I’m sure the first DigiKnow will follow in good time. 

What is DigiKnow meant to be?
I believe DigiKnow is to be a series of 'How to' videos with information and tips for users of DigiByte.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
Having received communications from Jared, I know now the first DigiKnow has been pulled for the time being, he’s not quite ready to release the content in its current format. However he added, the DigiReport is ready to go!   …..so looking forward to that and I’m sure the first DigiKnow will follow in good time. 

What is DigiKnow meant to be?
legendary
legendary
Maybe I was wrong about it being friday, I can't remember where I got that impression. Still looking forward to it though.
I help you  Wink  in the DigiReport #3 at ~2:30min
That's it, thought I was going crazy for a moment there..... well more crazy. Grin
Activity: 798
Maybe I was wrong about it being friday, I can't remember where I got that impression. Still looking forward to it though.
I help you  Wink  in the DigiReport #3 at ~2:30min
legendary
Looking forward to the first DigiKnow video on friday...... Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrJjfDUzD7M
I'm curious about it. tick tack tick tack  Grin
Looking forward to the first DigiKnow video on friday...... Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrJjfDUzD7M
I'm curious about it. tick tack tick tack  Grin
legendary
We have updated some settings on DigiHash. The pool is now set to pay out after 50 DGB has been earned by a miner. We originally had this set at 0.1 but the TX dust was dramatically slowing the pool wallets down and people were mining to mobile wallets. We then set this to 500 but people were not getting paid out to their liking.

We will keep it at 50 for now to get peoples feedback. Let us know if you have any questions.

Also a note on coin control. If you go to move send a transaction and the wallet give you an error because its gathering to many tx inputs remember you can use coin control to pick which address you want to send DGB from. (core wallet only)

Test, something is wrong. I guess its messed up.
Can't connect to pool any more!
Please fix. THX

[18:31:17] Press any key to exit, or sgminer will try again in 15s.
[18:32:32] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
[18:32:32] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have
Which algorithm was this on?
judging by this it was groestl but I'm just guessing really.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12026205
The new House of blue jeans webshop is up and running! www.Bluejeansonline.nl
As an introduction we now have 25% discount on all products with coupon code Summer Sale

We deliver to all European countries
Digibyte,Guldencoin & Bitcoin accepted!

For the new readers, Some recent news from Digibyte.

What is DigiByte? (60 second explainer video)

For those who have yet to watch the new video.

Introducing DigiReport Ep.#1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnK6ofo6RX8

DigiReport Episode #3 https://youtu.be/JRull_S1RW0

Thank you for expressing your concern and for supporting DigiByte and being active on the forum here. To start off, everyone in the video you saw is working on projects that will directly benefit DigiByte, utilise it as a payment method and help increase adoption of DigiByte in real world scenarios. Many of these projects are not yet public but I can assure you I am not alone and that we really do have several people in house working full time, not to mention others from around the world contributing in many ways.

It is important to make a couple distinctions here. First, we have on going development of the DigiByte protocol itself with the upcoming DigiSpeed hard fork. Some of us internally are working on this process along with multiple other people in the community. It is absolutely crucial and important that the development of DigiByte as a protocol stays open, decentralised and spread around the world. The key to rolling out this DigiSpeed hardfork is timing.

We already have a significant advantage over Bitcoin from a technological point of view. This includes speed, security, network stabilisation and transaction volume capacity. We will be furthering these advantages with the upcoming DigiSpeed hardfork. With all this in mind we feel it is important not to get side tracked and lost in all the technical details & development. Why completely reinvent the wheel when all we need to do is give it a stronger undercarriage to ride on, better lubrication to move faster, and build it from better materials in order to market it to the world in a way they can easily understand and more importantly, easily use.

Take a project like Ethereum for example. Over a year later, $15 million in expenses and tons of hype they try rebuilding everything from scratch and they deliver a command line wallet that is so complicated to use there is no way even your average crypto enthusiast is going to adopt it en mass. This is not to say there is not some potential here in the future with their platform, but the truth is it is much farther away from main stream adoption than Bitcoin and DigiByte at this point.

I have a folder on my hard drive with backups of many coin wallets from 2012-2014 that are no longer around and are completely worthless and have been delisted on exchanges and remain unsupported.  There are only a handful of coins that will really survive the next couple years. DigiByte will be one of them. With that in mind we are focusing on two new platforms that will undoubtedly drive adoption for DigiByte.  We also will be making further additions to leverage the DigiByteTipBot. 

As for not enough DigiByte progress... the last time I counted we were maintaining and had deployed 17 different pieces of software to help support & maintain the DigiByte network. This includes programs written in PHP, Node JS, C++. C #, Ruby, Python, Java and more. Now we are even doing video editing and graphic design (a talented member of our office.)

The second distinction to be made is for services built to use DigiByte as a payment method, security platform or potentially more ( we are exploring some very innovative stuff that can be embedded in the DigiByte blockchain). It is much easier to get developers to work on other projects that utilise DigiByte in other applications. Such as checking out and purchasing something with DigiBytes directly from a stores fitting room. This same technology can easily be adapted and spread among various industries, not just retail sales stores. We have had meetings with some big retailers looking at how they can use digital currency in a real world scenarios just like this. Not even Bitcoin is cracking the physical brick & mortar point of sale in a lot of places. Micro transactions are DigiByte's specialty. We can do them faster, more secure and from anywhere in the world. The vision is there, the path has been cleared and now the building blocks are being laid.

Thanks to everyone for your on going support, the DigiByte community rocks!

- Jared
Activity: 637
Nice buy wall on cryptsy, will keep the price above 25 for awhile. Wink
We need a new buy wall and a digibyte holder needs much more patience Roll Eyes

ssl? it's a white page, I think this is not a ssl site.

4.7 billion coins is still a lot for a small community, things will improve as digibyte expand and get more users. It could be like Noble and price under 10 with half the supply so the community is patient with digibyte but that is because people can see it has a good chance at making it.
legendary

Sorry, you are correct, should be  http://digihash.co/getting_started
thank you for pointing it out, I've changed it in my original post now.
Did the same thing in the other forum, changed that too now.
http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
We have updated some settings on DigiHash. The pool is now set to pay out after 50 DGB has been earned by a miner. We originally had this set at 0.1 but the TX dust was dramatically slowing the pool wallets down and people were mining to mobile wallets. We then set this to 500 but people were not getting paid out to their liking.

We will keep it at 50 for now to get peoples feedback. Let us know if you have any questions.

Also a note on coin control. If you go to move send a transaction and the wallet give you an error because its gathering to many tx inputs remember you can use coin control to pick which address you want to send DGB from. (core wallet only)

Test, something is wrong. I guess its messed up.
Can't connect to pool any more!
Please fix. THX

[18:31:17] Press any key to exit, or sgminer will try again in 15s.
[18:32:32] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
[18:32:32] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have
Which algorithm was this on?
legendary
Speaking about Digibyte network - in Digiexplorer there are many transactions of value less than 1 USD.
Do we know what typically are those transactions?
Real people sending DGB to each other? People sending themselves from one wallet to other? Something else?
probably payments to small miners. We need lots more of them. We need the community to mine for glory in massive numbers.
People don't do it because it is expensive but if you truly believe in DigiByte, you will mine for it. You will be mining for, what looks like on paper as a loss, but there is nothing more useful you could do for DigiByte than this. At the same time you should buy small amounts of DigiByte and hold all of it.
I call the people that do this Knights because it is them that defend the coin and boy does it need defending.
I tell you what if you put a usb miner to work in the DigiHash pool where they take 3% to support development. If you leave your rewards untouched and in your wallet for a month after you have mined them, then I will pay you 6% back out of my own pocket!

In fact, this offer open to the community. PM me if you are interested. Smiley

I haven't actually mined anything yet. Where do I get this USB miner? I understand that it will be unprofitable for me to mine but I could still try it for fun.
Now, that's the spirit felix_one. Have a look on ebay for for a small bitcoin miner that suits your pocket.
Is this any good?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-U2-1-6-2-0-GH-s-USB-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner-/281758438257?hash=item419a1c9371
yes that is fine, I'd give you 6% back on that. Have a good look around to see if you can get it any cheaper but I think that is about how much they go for. With a usb miner you will need a computer that is on all the time connected to the internet. A lot of people use raspberry pi's as the controller because they don't want to tie up their machine. As you are the first to take me up on my offer, I will extend my offer to you personally for anything up to a Bitmain U3 (63GH/s). Wink
Thanks, I have some more questions though. What OS do I need to install on that Raspberry when I get it? Does mining use lot of internet bandwidth?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLDrSiI_ic  
4:33  
http://digihash.co/getting_started    
Digibyte sha-256

There is a BIG BONUS prize for competition address that are mining!
https://digibytegroup.com/project/contest-august-2015/
Jump to: