Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 789. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Today we have a very nice article about Digibyte and the Tofugear platform @ House of blue jeans!
The article is published in a big financial newspaper here in The Netherlands Cheesy

http://www.nrc.nl/handelsblad/van/2015/augustus/11/de-hele-dorpsstraat-aan-de-digibyte-1524811
We will get this article translated ASAP!

Read the article in PDF without registration (Dutch only):

We have the eng translation of the article ready guys.   Enjoy!
www.digibyteforum.com/NRC-DigiByte-Tofugear-English.pdf
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
digiknow, does anyone?  Grin

There will be 21 billion DGB in total supply and a DGB is worth squat! There is something like 2.1 trillion UK pounds in supply already and they are worth well a pound each. If just the people that didn't have much money in the uk switched to DGB, what would one be worth?

Digibyte won't ever play the role of national currency. It could however be an excellent e-commerce currency. Obviously it is going after the gaming market primarily for now, but who knows what other areas it could be popular.  I think speculating about digibyte's future value is quite difficult, as some of the markets are way too young (in-game purchasing/trading etc).

£ sterling is only worth what it is, because that is what we have to pay our tax with.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
digiknow, does anyone?  Grin

There will be 21 billion DGB in total supply and a DGB is worth squat! There is something like 2.1 trillion UK pounds in supply already and they are worth well a pound each. If just the people that didn't have much money in the uk switched to DGB, what would one be worth?
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
We have updated some settings on DigiHash. The pool is now set to pay out after 50 DGB has been earned by a miner. We originally had this set at 0.1 but the TX dust was dramatically slowing the pool wallets down and people were mining to mobile wallets. We then set this to 500 but people were not getting paid out to their liking.

We will keep it at 50 for now to get peoples feedback. Let us know if you have any questions.

Also a note on coin control. If you go to move send a transaction and the wallet give you an error because its gathering to many tx inputs remember you can use coin control to pick which address you want to send DGB from. (core wallet only)

Test, something is wrong. I guess its messed up.
Can't connect to pool any more!
Please fix. THX

[18:31:17] Press any key to exit, or sgminer will try again in 15s.
[18:32:32] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
[18:32:32] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have
Which algorithm was this on?

groestlmyriad --- works now
qubit --- im on it now, works as well

What changes to the pool are done?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
If the team are based in Hong Kong, would it be possible to get DGB onto the ANX debit card?

http://www.coindesk.com/exchange-anx-launch-reloadable-bitcoin-debit-cards/

That way, you could charge the card with DGB and use it to withdraw Fiat / make purchases.  Bitcoin & Startcoin are on there already.
Activity: 103
Probably stupid question - if I mine Digibyte (with USB miner on Raspberry Pi) then I am a node too? How much difference does one node make at this stage?

If you are mining through a mining pool, then no you aren't a node.

You are a node if you have the full wallet open and connected on your computer.

If you were solo mining through the full wallet, then you would be a node, but few people do this.

Thanks for the answer.
So I could mine through mining pool on that Raspberry and also have wallet open on that same Raspberry all the time to contribute to the network, right? But how important for network is one node at this stage?

A cryptocurrency uses nodes to transmit messages, it's part of the process of creating/verifying transactions. The way I understand it, the messages are sent to random nodes each time. So with more nodes on the network, these transaction messages are not being sent to the same nodes over and over. The more nodes there are on a network the more secure it is.

Unfortunately, there isn't any incentive to keeping the full (core) wallet open on your computer all the time. In fact, it's a bit of a security risk to your wallet if someone gains access to your computer. But, it does make the network better. A good solution would be to add an empty core wallet that you never use to your computer and leave that running. Keep your personal wallet on another computer.

It's up to each person to decide if they feel it's helping or not.  In reality, one wallet isn't going to make a difference, but if everyone thought that way and turned theirs off, then it could limit the effectiveness of the network.

Thanks again.
How big flash card do I need for Raspberry to mine and run wallet (node)?
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!
Probably stupid question - if I mine Digibyte (with USB miner on Raspberry Pi) then I am a node too? How much difference does one node make at this stage?

If you were solo mining through the full wallet, then you would be a node, but few people do this.

Thanks for the answer.
So I could mine through mining pool on that Raspberry and also have wallet open on that same Raspberry all the time to contribute to the network, right? But how important for network is one node at this stage?

A cryptocurrency uses nodes to transmit messages, it's part of the process of creating/verifying transactions. The way I understand it, the messages are sent to random nodes each time. So with more nodes on the network, these transaction messages are not being sent to the same nodes over and over. The more nodes there are on a network the more secure it is.

Unfortunately, there isn't any incentive to keeping the full (core) wallet open on your computer all the time. In fact, it's a bit of a security risk to your wallet if someone gains access to your computer. But, it does make the network better. A good solution would be to add an empty core wallet that you never use to your computer and leave that running. Keep your personal wallet on another computer.

It's up to each person to decide if they feel it's helping or not.  In reality, one wallet isn't going to make a difference, but if everyone thought that way and turned theirs off, then it could limit the effectiveness of the network.

We have some other great news guys!    You can now download the House of blue jeans IOS app!
https://itunes.apple.com/id/app/house-of-blue-jeans/id1020640066?mt=8uo=2

Another interview ? Cheesy you're on a roll, keep up the free publicity (Y). Bitcoin started small, unnoticed, then suddenly BOOM baby!, I hope DigiByte will experience the same thing  Wink

Yeah FunX radio this friday around 14:10
Cheesy yayyy good interview

Fucking nervous but i went ok i think.
Did not hear myself yet

And another radio station called for a interview this friday
listening already  Cheesy

Me too... I don't even speak Dutch!  Cheesy Cool

I understood "Digibyte" and "Guldencoin".
@Digibyte

I liked the format of the new Digi-report, the light hearted comments are a good addition. I actually Lol'd when you said the code couldn't be cracked "even with the help of your teacher". I also thought the 'Alice-in-Wonderland' shrinking moment from the first episode was hilarious! Anyway good job on the video editing and content. This will really help awareness in the future from curious people and those whose stumble across it on YouTube.

@24hralltrade

You are a celebrity now! Thanks for taking a prominent role in the promotion of DigiByte. Good luck with the show.

@everyone

I tweeted 24hralltrade's tweet about media attention to @coindesk, @cointelegraph & @altcointoday. If anyone thinks other publications may be interested then perhaps 24hralltrade can tweet them direct? I would do it myself, but I have a rather silly name that (anyone outside crypto) may think I'm a bot or just not serious. Just an idea.
We go live in 20 minutes,  Intrested?  Listen here: http://www.bnr.nl/?service=player&type=liveradio    (Dutch radio)
Activity: 103

Thanks for the answer.
And i just received a call,  I will be live on the radio today!!!

Excellent work 24!

What are your main talking points and in what order do you rank them?

The interview starts in 2 hours,  They where very curious about how i get in contact with Tofugear.... So Digibyte will be a headline in the interview.

Another call from a Bitcoin reporter that wants to know my story  Grin
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
And i just received a call,  I will be live on the radio today!!!

Excellent work 24!

What are your main talking points and in what order do you rank them?
And i just received a call,  I will be live on the radio today!!!
Damn 24, this news made my day Cheesy, is it possible that you record the radio?
Would be nice, and what radio channel will it be on?

I believe they record it themself and publish it on the internet.

http://www.bnr.nl/
Jump to: