Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 824. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

The question at hand is: how do we get more people buying?

with services and products where the people pay for these, if these are not available , the supply must be reduced. productcreation and services needs a lot of time. or you create a sense to keep the coins.

a other way, increase massiv the fees as a shrink, but only 85k transaction, this would be not a big shrink-option.

This is a catch 22 situation. If you shrink the supply today, then you won't have the coins necessary in order to provide the eventual services and products that DigiByte has planned for tomorrow. However, if you don't shrink the supply today, then the price will continue to suffer short term.

First, I think the long term priorities have to win out over the short term.

Secondly, that leaves us in the same boat as before: not enough buyers yet (and the eventual services and products aren't going to be attracting new buyers anytime soon).

Therefore, we've got to deal with what we've got. There's no getting around that. Imagining what things might be like if something else presently existed already doesn't get us anywhere. We need to be reasonable and accept reality as it is, and reality for DigiByte at this point in time is a very good foundation with very good prospects, and that is our only selling point ATM. Nevertheless, that isn't that bad - in fact, it is a very good selling point considering the novelty of cryptocurrencies. In fact, this is an extremely good selling point - a very good foundation with very good prospects - but it is something that only investors are interested in and will only work with them, and we need to leverage that to the hilt!

Cryptos is mainly a traders game, which is why most coins are on exchanges and not in wallets. With high supply coins it's very risky to play with so traders don't buy. This is a good and bad thing.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

with services and products where the people pay for these, if these are not available , the supply must be reduced. productcreation and services needs a lot of time. or you create a sense to keep the coins.

a other way, increase massiv the fees as a shrink, but only 85k transaction, this would be not a big shrink-option.

This is a catch 22 situation. If you shrink the supply today, then you won't have the coins necessary in order to provide the eventual services and products that DigiByte has planned for tomorrow. However, if you don't shrink the supply today, then the price will continue to suffer short term.

First, I think the long term priorities have to win out over the short term.

Secondly, that leaves us in the same boat as before: not enough buyers yet (and the eventual services and products aren't going to be attracting new buyers anytime soon).

Therefore, we've got to deal with what we've got. There's no getting around that. Imagining what things might be like if something else presently existed already doesn't get us anywhere. We need to be reasonable and accept reality as it is, and reality for DigiByte at this point in time is a very good foundation with very good prospects, and that is our only selling point ATM. Nevertheless, that isn't that bad - in fact, it is a very good selling point considering the novelty of cryptocurrencies. In fact, this is an extremely good selling point - a very good foundation with very good prospects - but it is something that only investors are interested in and will only work with them, and we need to leverage that to the hilt!
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Time for coins with huge supply will come! Litecoin, Dash etc are good for investors who want to make good money and have a value store.

Coins like DGB are for the masses and cryptocurrencies still seek those mass markets atm. So stay cool and look forward to marketing! Time will come for DGB.

Yes agreed.

But now its Bitcoins time. The crisis will continue and money needs to be secured in China, Japan, USA, Portugal, Italy and Spain to save it from international bankster bailouts. That money has to go somewhere and since precious metal supplies are limited it will flow into BTC and longterm consume goods like cars and kitchens.

So now its BTC time. The fractionless currencies will follow once the worst is over.
Activity: 469
Merit: 260
Look at Noblecoin price with half DGB supply. DGB go PoS it's over! Stay with PoW.

im agree with you
price will be rising from now if dgb in small amount
you cant control market if DGB going POS but you can control distribution with POW
please remember, too many coin in market and price always bullish
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
POS is not good ...

and 6millon coins eveyday is too much .

i bought dgb 1.5 years ago .

and i belive dgb team , when that dgb price is 150 - 200 statoshi . and btccoin is 700 usd .

i didn't sold any coins .

now, should i belive dgb continue , next 1 year? 2year? 3year?

i hope the dev can give me a reason to keep on going.

i know it's a long term , how long?

5 year? 10 year ? 50 year?
Look at Noblecoin price with half DGB supply. DGB go PoS it's over! Stay with PoW.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Todays drop is a bit high, i think i will set up low buy orders, as seems that it doesnt matter to sell mined coins in 44/40/36/32. I still think this coin has a good long term but, there is no incentive to buy this coin.
There are already new coins that has more usability than this one.
I would say this is a sleepy giant, but things must be done correctly to get the giant on
Activity: 654
POW is losing its credit day by day...including Bitcoin!

PoS is not good, no PoS coin doing well. Look at coins that switch to PoS there value is nothing except Peercoin as it was first, if digibyte switch to PoS value will plummet because then there is no point for people to buy coins as you earning for free.

you don`t get any idea of what you're talking about..do you?

btw..how do you earning for free if you don`t have a stakes of POS coin?

You only need to be one time buyer for PoS coin, after that you stake and sell.

i no mean unrespect...but i really can`t help myself with lolololololol after reading your comment......

Give one example of coin that switch to PoS that is success?

i can but i won`t..do your own research
Activity: 798

And what do new (PoS)members? That's right, they buy Coins.

PoS is not good, no PoS coin doing well. Look at coins that switch to PoS there value is nothing except Peercoin as it was first, if digibyte switch to PoS value will plummet because then there is no point for people to buy coins as you earning for free.

i no mean unrespect...but i really can`t help myself with lolololololol after reading your comment......

Give one example of coin that switch to PoS that is success?

Activity: 275
maybe the dev can buy the coins  .

I want to have mined 500 million coins in 3 years and I promise I won't sell any until price is right, so that is 500 million coins that will never see the exchange until the coin at 200 value.
next unrealistic goals, it's no wonder, that we have such situation atm with such goals.

Not if you have been mining from start.

Activity: 798
I want to have mined 500 million coins in 3 years and I promise I won't sell any until price is right, so that is 500 million coins that will never see the exchange until the coin at 200 value.
next unrealistic goals, it's no wonder, that we have such situation atm with such goals.

Activity: 493

I think the real question is, how do we create more reasons for people to buy.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
how many unique people are in the dgb-network? 100 or 1000 thats to low for this massiv supply. the network has only 14 nodes? my wallet connected after 4 days only to 30 Peers, this is to low! in other networks I have 80 Peers and more.

That's where the target marketing of gamers comes in. I think this part of things is more than covered at the moment and that we're going in the right direction here.

And since the one and only real selling point right now is investment, the people we need to target on that point are investors.
Jump to: