Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 859. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I am Jealous of DOGE... It was 35-38 range a few days back now 51...
Anybody knows why DOGE is taking of ? Thanks.

To many to write here but here's one new Wink

https://12charge.com/en/map
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Guys,

My android wallet keeps crashing when I start it.  Is there any way to backup my keys without using the actual wallet?

thanks!
Do you receive any sort of message when it stops working and crashes?

Yes:  "Unfortunately, Digibyte has stopped."
Not much eh Smiley

Then it asks to send the error report, which I send.  Not sure were its send to.

Hi TRiLiXi.  About a month ago my iOS wallet was crashing every time I started it.  I don't use Android so not really sure if this applies.  And, probably it's advice you've already tried ... but, I was able to solve the problem by completely restarting the phone.  I powered it down, let it sit for about 10 minutes, and then rebooted the phone.  Opened the wallet and everything loaded fine.  If you haven't tried it, maybe it will work with your phone too?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Last pump and out i think?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Did you ever back up the wallets keys at any point?

You will need to root your phone if you havent already. Then look for the following folders.

Code:
/data/data/de.schildbach.wallet.digibyte/

and copy key-backup-base58 onto the pc or somewhere it can be opened like a text file. It should list all your private keys.

Hmm, in order to root I need to unlock first.  This will wipe the phone...

I did not make a backup from the wallet keys
oops. how many coin in that wallet?

A little bit over a million... IF withdrawal from mintpal was successful Smiley

With the Nexus Toolkit I was able to make a backup that includes system apps+data and shared data.  However I didnt proceed with the unlocking process just yet.  As the tool give me a warning about backing up this data.  So I'm a little reluctant to go on Smiley
Probably best to 'hang fire' there, I'm not sure what would be the safest way to proceed from here but it would be nice to see the community come together on this and see if we can get them digibyte back in TriLiXi's control. 
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

You will need to root your phone if you havent already. Then look for the following folders.

Code:

and copy key-backup-base58 onto the pc or somewhere it can be opened like a text file. It should list all your private keys.

A little bit over a million... IF withdrawal from mintpal was successful Smiley

With the Nexus Toolkit I was able to make a backup that includes system apps+data and shared data.  However I didnt proceed with the unlocking process just yet.  As the tool give me a warning about backing up this data.  So I'm a little reluctant to go on Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Code:

Code:

Guys,

My android wallet keeps crashing when I start it.  Is there any way to backup my keys without using the actual wallet?

thanks!

Yes:  "Unfortunately, Digibyte has stopped."
Not much eh Smiley

Then it asks to send the error report, which I send.  Not sure were its send to.
Activity: 517
aka alaniz
The iOS wallet issue seems to have been resolved now. I think it could have been a fault with my phone but the QR code scanner seems to be working now!
With regards to all the comments about the mobile wallets. The new iOS wallet works fine i.e. it opens up and processes transactions the only problem is that I can't seem to open up the QR code scanner. I've got an iPhone 5c so maybe you guys could have a look at that? I don't know if its just my phone but feedback is key to any app's success so hope it helps!

What's the name of the app I'll check it out?
It is de Digibyte wallet, You can download it in the google appstore or itunes store.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
With regards to all the comments about the mobile wallets. The new iOS wallet works fine i.e. it opens up and processes transactions the only problem is that I can't seem to open up the QR code scanner. I've got an iPhone 5c so maybe you guys could have a look at that? I don't know if its just my phone but feedback is key to any app's success so hope it helps!

What's the name of the app I'll check it out?
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Guys,

My android wallet keeps crashing when I start it.  Is there any way to backup my keys without using the actual wallet?

thanks!

Did you send any Digibytes to the wallet?
Did you try to take out your battery and restart?

I dont think there is a way to backup your keys without a wallet.
Maybe try to find the files on your phone. Copy them to your computer.Delete Digibyte wallet and download a new wallet and then replace your files. (Risky)

I think there are coins in the wallet yes.  It's coins that were on Mintpal when it exploded, but when you could still withdraw.  Unfortunately I was never able to verify since the wallet crashed on opening.  This problem is long going by now.  I hoped it would resolve with updates on the wallet, but it was not.  Meanwhile my device is upgraded from android 4 to android 5.1 (nexus 4), but that also didnt help.

I also did some research to see if it is possible to get the files from the device, but little is to be found.  Too bad its not just a wallet.dat file you could copy from the device

Code:

http://www.xda-developers.com/root/

If your device is new and still under warranty, be advised that rooting voids most warranties . . .

Perhaps we should consider moving the digibyte wallet to /android/data/ (with the rest of the normal apps) in the next version to be released.

I'm not advocating that you do root your phone only that it maybe possible as a last solution. If you backup your keys then they are usually then stored on the SD card and there would be no need for root.

If you do experience a crash and you are able to send us a log of what happened then please do! It helps us fix problems like this in future updates.

Yes, the previous (and continually updated) backup is extremely important, I agree. I also agree that rooting should be used as a last solution! Even then one must weigh the "costs/risks" with the "benefits": if you've only lost a few coins it might not be worth the trouble and/or loss of warranty (for example, if you're like the guy who lost 30 BTC, then you obviously go for it, but if you're talking about spending change, then things change). KitKat is a bit more complicated still than Jelly Bean was, for whatever reason, with the most popular reason being that the manufacturers want to make rooting more difficult. If you have two phones, one preferably out of warranty, then you could have some fun testing . . .  Wink

In any event, I think we should consider moving the digibyte wallet to /android/data/ in the next version to be released in order to make recovery easier (if/when it's necessary).
Activity: 750
Guys,

My android wallet keeps crashing when I start it.  Is there any way to backup my keys without using the actual wallet?

thanks!

Maybe try to find the files on your phone. Copy them to your computer.Delete Digibyte wallet and download a new wallet and then replace your files. (Risky)

I think there are coins in the wallet yes.  It's coins that were on Mintpal when it exploded, but when you could still withdraw.  Unfortunately I was never able to verify since the wallet crashed on opening.  This problem is long going by now.  I hoped it would resolve with updates on the wallet, but it was not.  Meanwhile my device is upgraded from android 4 to android 5.1 (nexus 4), but that also didnt help.

I also did some research to see if it is possible to get the files from the device, but little is to be found.  Too bad its not just a wallet.dat file you could copy from the device

Code:

If your device is new and still under warranty, be advised that rooting voids most warranties . . .

Perhaps we should consider moving the digibyte wallet to /android/data/ (with the rest of the normal apps) in the next version to be released.

I'm not advocating that you do root your phone only that it maybe possible as a last solution. If you backup your keys then they are usually then stored on the SD card and there would be no need for root.

If you do experience a crash and you are able to send us a log of what happened then please do! It helps us fix problems like this in future updates.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Guys,

thanks!

Code:

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Guys,

thanks!
Activity: 750
Guys,

thanks!

Code:

Have not been able to use my android wallet for a while now. I can't even get it to run on my phone anymore. It downloads and then informs me that the package is not signed correctly and won't install. When I first installed it, all seemed well and then one day I realized it would not send half its contents because apparently there was an unconfirmed transaction in it. I never put much dgb in it because all this stuff is new and has not been thoroughly tested yet, so i just uninstalled it and tried to re-install after the latest update but so far, I just get the same message. This would all be very frustrating if I actually needed it. I guess we should start collecting all the issues and bugs in the other forum and hopefully get some of this nailed down or it's possibly going to do more damage to dgb than good.

Usually would not be allowed to upload the apk to the play store if its signed incorrectly but you could try and directly install the APK which is hosted here

https://mega.co.nz/#!PoVDCI7A!Vkkn9neKyQty67d10YBc53fFhpJ-JnEFKB7jDs64c2U

Remember that no matter what wallet you run to ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP
Activity: 517
aka alaniz
Jump to: