Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 862. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
Not planning to have a son in 5 years......

I said the same when i was your age  Grin
me too and I have two!  Cheesy   The problem with plans is that they can go wrong.

Talking about plans...just to say something about that with regards to how i see the Digibyte Team and Jared are dealing with it.

With good amount of knowledge about Bitcoin, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and whatever that is related to them, PLUS some foresight, which Jared and the Digibyte Team clearly have them, the chances of going wrong will be greatly reduced.

One example:
I have been keeping track of Bitcoin Reddit threads, including CoinTelegraph, CryptoCoinNews, Bitcoin Magazine, CoinDesk, NewsBTC, Bitcoinist and a few Google Searches for certain bitcoin related topics, for the past 6 months. I check all of them at least once every morning for new updates and news. Just recently like somewhere beginning of this  month (May 2015), there were several threads talking about Bitcoin's block size being too small and how it will cause problems if it doesn't increases. I do not know if it was a hot topic before but to the best that my memory can serve me, its the first time for me seeing such a subject being so widely talked about...for the past 6 months.  

NOW, when was Digispeed mentioned to the public or at least on this forum?
it was on March 26, 2015 by Jared. You may look up on his past posts from his forum user profile. Before this 'block size' became a hot topic on the internet, Digispeed was already announced at least 1 month before that. But of course, they have already *thought* and *brainstorm* about it way before that date, way before announcing it. This clearly shows that the Digibyte Team has already foreseen some problems that are ahead of us. And they were already on to it to address these problems even before i started typing this post.

AND that's just the block size. There are so many other things that i have not mentioned. Think a little about what they had done so far, what they are planning to do so far. And you will know, Digiman will be the next Gundam in Japan when it goes global.  

Now you mention this,,Indeed all of a sudden this is a hot topic for Bitcoin but will they do something about it? It is already so big that a hardfork will take ages and so many Bitcoins will get lost....

I think Digibyte has time for 1 more hardfork and then focus on the mainstream channels and get them into and using Digibyte.

And BTW,,,Who is stacking up his sell orders?  Late in the game and don't want Digibyte to go up,,,Whats your plan buddy? Would love to see someone pick up all these sells and leave the man behind Wink

oh yes yes. they are definitely doing something about it as they have to. lol. as far as i know so far but yet to be confirmed, they say they are going to increase the block size for Bitcoin to 20MB. I got this info from Reddit Bitcoin. One of the threads.

But for Digibyte, there is nothing to worry as its already mentioned in DigiSpeed:
"2) DigiByte block size will increase from 1 MB to 10 MB initially, with built in future increases."  Grin Cool Cheesy
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
i wanted a few more mil dgb myself. but i lost the btc in some of the new coins ( thought to get a fast win lol)
i could buy more btc but i told myself i woudn't pay more btc as this has become lie a hobby of mine.

wel i can only hope i can  win some  btc with other coins before dgb goes to 100 sat.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

me too and I have two!  Cheesy   The problem with plans is that they can go wrong.

Talking about plans...just to say something about that with regards to how i see the Digibyte Team and Jared are dealing with it.

With good amount of knowledge about Bitcoin, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and whatever that is related to them, PLUS some foresight, which Jared and the Digibyte Team clearly have them, the chances of going wrong will be greatly reduced.

One example:
I have been keeping track of Bitcoin Reddit threads, including CoinTelegraph, CryptoCoinNews, Bitcoin Magazine, CoinDesk, NewsBTC, Bitcoinist and a few Google Searches for certain bitcoin related topics, for the past 6 months. I check all of them at least once every morning for new updates and news. Just recently like somewhere beginning of this  month (May 2015), there were several threads talking about Bitcoin's block size being too small and how it will cause problems if it doesn't increases. I do not know if it was a hot topic before but to the best that my memory can serve me, its the first time for me seeing such a subject being so widely talked about...for the past 6 months.  

NOW, when was Digispeed mentioned to the public or at least on this forum?
it was on March 26, 2015 by Jared. You may look up on his past posts from his forum user profile. Before this 'block size' became a hot topic on the internet, Digispeed was already announced at least 1 month before that. But of course, they have already *thought* and *brainstorm* about it way before that date, way before announcing it. This clearly shows that the Digibyte Team has already foreseen some problems that are ahead of us. And they were already on to it to address these problems even before i started typing this post.

AND that's just the block size. There are so many other things that i have not mentioned. Think a little about what they had done so far, what they are planning to do so far. And you will know, Digiman will be the next Gundam in Japan when it goes global.  

Now you mention this,,Indeed all of a sudden this is a hot topic for Bitcoin but will they do something about it? It is already so big that a hardfork will take ages and so many Bitcoins will get lost....

I think Digibyte has time for 1 more hardfork and then focus on the mainstream channels and get them into and using Digibyte.

And BTW,,,Who is stacking up his sell orders?  Late in the game and don't want Digibyte to go up,,,Whats your plan buddy? Would love to see someone pick up all these sells and leave the man behind Wink
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

One example:
I have been keeping track of Bitcoin Reddit threads, including CoinTelegraph, CryptoCoinNews, Bitcoin Magazine, CoinDesk, NewsBTC, Bitcoinist and a few Google Searches for certain bitcoin related topics, for the past 6 months. I check all of them at least once every morning for new updates and news. Just recently like somewhere beginning of this  month (May 2015), there were several threads talking about Bitcoin's block size being too small and how it will cause problems if it doesn't increases. I do not know if it was a hot topic before but to the best that my memory can serve me, its the first time for me seeing such a subject being so widely talked about...over the past 6 months.  

NOW, when was Digispeed first mentioned/announced to the public or at least on this forum?

http://bravenewcoin.com/digibyte/#   This is a nice website btw,allot of usefull information.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

I said the same when i was your age  Grin
me too and I have two!  Cheesy   The problem with plans is that they can go wrong.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100

I said the same when i was your age  Grin
Dreaming is good it keeps us alive and moving forward with desires, hope but sometimes overshooting it can be dangerous in the crypto world. Lots of people going blind into it under this impression its a 100% sure thing.

I think the above quote from your post nails it, people doing this have the wrong approach, wrong mindset, and it's bound to end in tears. "Spending what you can afford to lose".... Much happier ending regardless of the outcome Wink

Exactly. Of course, when you invest in something, you want something in return eventually, but that's not the point. The point is to make a success of DigiByte.
Wouldn't be awesome to say in 5y: "Yeah son, I was part of it from the beginning!".
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Dreaming is good it keeps us alive and moving forward with desires, hope but sometimes overshooting it can be dangerous in the crypto world. Lots of people going blind into it under this impression its a 100% sure thing.

I think the above quote from your post nails it, people doing this have the wrong approach, wrong mindset, and it's bound to end in tears. "Spending what you can afford to lose".... Much happier ending regardless of the outcome Wink

Exactly. Of course, when you invest in something, you want something in return eventually, but that's not the point. The point is to make a success of DigiByte.
Wouldn't be awesome to say in 5y: "Yeah son, I was part of it from the beginning!".
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
All of this is speculation or gambling, whichever words you care to choose and you could end up losing it all as share price can go down as well as up etc. etc.
This is the world that we live in and this happens with every commodity in the world because of how we are and it means that even the cash stuffed in you mattress actually increases and decreases in value on a daily basis. You may well best be served by looking at it like a massive popularity contest, so ask yourself could digibyte be massively popular and if your answer to that is yes, then keep investing but never invest more than you could afford to lose, simples!
Activity: 41
Merit: 20
Just finished reading through... I like it!

I think I need to get in on this Smiley
any tips for newcomers?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021
I am not happy with those high predictions. New users could misunderstand them and be disappointed.
Just some ramblings to disappoint those with the heads in the present clouds Smiley back to reality and pushing digibyte forwards!

In 2010 when I was buying BTC for just over 0.10USD each, people told me I was buying into a scam and to get a hobby, but I was enjoying myself, didn't really care about the money, it WAS a hobby for me.... If I remember correctly, people who were into the crypto were bandying about the likelyhood of market caps in the 100's of millions and getting told to get their heads out of the clouds back then too. What's market cap now for BTC again?

If you're scared of disappointment, then yes, keep it real and stay happy, that's more important than money by far... But if every alt coin could completely crash and burn, and you can still wake in the morning and be thankful for life, then dream all you like I say. Personally I'll never stop dreaming, the air up in the clouds is fresh, with a slight hint of vanilla... As the dilma tea ad says, "Do try it!"... And don't take life so godamn seriously! Wink A jokes a joke, and I hope oOoO does get a billion dollars lol... carry on, nothing more to see here...

Dreaming is good it keeps us alive and moving forward with desires, hope but sometimes overshooting it can be dangerous in the crypto world. Lots of people going blind into it under this impression its a 100% sure thing. I've spent what i can afford to lose. 2 pronged approach here for me. Its
a) an investment... if it goes mainstream big time i have a nest egg to spend on items with digibyte
b) if adoption isn't mainstream but it has high value i can convert what i need to get fiat items.
Thats my intention. I believe in DGB, professionalism, Jared being a top notch friendly dev and this running for 1 year with dedication and no big premine gives this coin promise... they have new ideas not just add this from this and that coin. Jared is innovating in areas not just imitating. I like this.

Your example of btc in the early days though doesn't really translate to current days. With those low prices and low adoption it was ripe for the picking. The increase % was massive going from fractions of cents to $200... to get those kind of increases % wise it'd have to go to like 1 million a coin now. I just can't see it happening without everything being worth a fortune.

Digibyte could do the same but easier if it wasn't valued in btc terms. I'm hoping the altcoin wars are over soon though. At present they are just day trader toys. When mainstream adoption and use comes you'll find people around the world will gravitate to a handful of altcoins. Thats why the professionalism and PR is important now. Wow people with services, features and advertisements so its on their mind. I personally think we are going to see the equiv of a dotcom bubble pop in crypto. When people wake up there is going to be a lot of coins that won't move because people don't value them.... real question is do you hold a coin they do value Smiley.... a big bet atm.

O and i hope i get a billion dollars too... i just don't think it'll happen... damn if it did i'd retire and spend the rest of my life in luxury and advancing, funding and giving back to the industry that got me there. Life would be bliss!!!!
I am not happy with those high predictions. New users could misunderstand them and be disappointed.
Just some ramblings to disappoint those with the heads in the present clouds Smiley back to reality and pushing digibyte forwards!

In 2010 when I was buying BTC for just over 0.10USD each, people told me I was buying into a scam and to get a hobby, but I was enjoying myself, didn't really care about the money, it WAS a hobby for me.... If I remember correctly, people who were into the crypto were bandying about the likelyhood of market caps in the 100's of millions and getting told to get their heads out of the clouds back then too. What's market cap now for BTC again?

If you're scared of disappointment, then yes, keep it real and stay happy, that's more important than money by far... But if every alt coin could completely crash and burn, and you can still wake in the morning and be thankful for life, then dream all you like I say. Personally I'll never stop dreaming, the air up in the clouds is fresh, with a slight hint of vanilla... As the dilma tea ad says, "Do try it!"... And don't take life so godamn seriously! Wink A jokes a joke, and I hope oOoO does get a billion dollars lol... carry on, nothing more to see here...
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021
nevermind i just took position #3.... i still want that order filled though
You're gonna be a billionaire in the future if you keep doing this  Grin

Yes i 100% agree with you that those predictions are too high, i was just joking around Tongue

Best to keep digibyte realistic... but to balance it out and show new people to digibyte just how UNREALISTIC that situation would be.

I'll have a balance of 109,000,000 DGB or 109 Million DGB.

Some back log.... Digibyte is 1000 times more plentiful as Bitcoin... Bitcoin has a max of 21 million... Digibyte is 21 Billion (21,000,000,000 or 21 thousand million).
For digibyte to run the same success rate as bitcoin since almost all altcoins seem pegged to it then digibyte should be worth $1 of bitcoins $1000 per... this means
@ $1000 per BTC --> digibyte should hit 100,000 satoshi (0.00100000 BTC)
@ $240 per BTC --> digibyte should hit 416,667 satoshi (0.00416667 BTC)

This is to match bitcoins market capital success for the $1... $10 per DGB is higher.

Now lets go onto that silly notion of me being a billionaire eventually. Lets say bitcoin goes to $1000 per.

My 109,000,000 DGB needs to map to 1,000,000 BTC since that by 1000 gives you 1 billion dollars or $1000,000,000. For me to convert 109 million DGB to 1 million BTC
--> each DGB would have to be worth 0.00917 BTC or 900,000 satoshi. Lets ignore the fact that i would need to acquire 1/21 or around 5% of all the possible coins
@$240 per or current days price i'd need 4,166,666 BTC and for that to happen
--> each DGB would need to be worth 0.038BTC or 3 million satoshi. Lets ignore the even more unlikely fact i would need to acquire 1/7 of all BTC coins to cash out which is 14% of all coins

Very very unlikely. Nice to dream but i don't recommend dreaming so big.

I think its much more likely that DGB would hit 100 satoshi first (0.00000100 BTC) and eventually 1000 satoshi (0.00001000 BTC). This turns 109 million DGB into 109 BTC (at 100 satoshi rates) or 1090 BTC (at 1000 satoshi rates). At $1000 a BTC thats only just over 1 million dollars a far cry from the billions.

Now what is 100 satoshi and 1000 satoshi? Well
@ $240 a BTC --> 0.00024 cents (4166.7 DGB per $1 purchase)
@ $1000 a BTC --> 0.0024 cents (416.67 DGB per $1 purchase)

Activity: 880
Merit: 251
Think differently

Yes i 100% agree with you that those predictions are too high, i was just joking around Tongue
Activity: 880
Merit: 251
Think differently
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Also can you also use a QR-scanner to pay online perhaps? this would be much faster and much easier than Paypal, creditcard etc.

Yes you can.

You're right. It is much faster and easier.

This leads us to an important point that needs to be leveraged to the hilt: it has been said that the process of buying DGB is so cumbersome that it's hard to reasonably expect people to make the effort, but if we show people just how fast and easy DGB is used after aquiring them, that might change their minds about the necessary purchase formalities.

Additionally, with price stable like it is, the fear factor of holding something that is incapable of holding its own value should diminish, and that should be positively reinforced by a steady uptrend that I hope begins to take shape.

@DigiByte, it's great to see you taking a more active/proactive role - remember, you're the leader of the club . . .  Wink
Activity: 281
Merit: 250

and so the fantasy really begins in a couple of posts!

Thank you for the meme. Loved it.

And another 10btc up for DGB on cryptsy.

Lets trade you give me your btc i get your DGB.

This will put me just over 0.5% of the possible total DGB ever to be mined and will be my last big purchase. I'm quite happy at that. Once i fill this order its going to cold storage all of it to be vaulted and opened when we live in a digibyte adopted world.

What?? You want their BTC AND their DGB now? Wink

Were you the one I was jossling with to buy approx 3 BTC worth at 48 Satoshi yesterday? Wishing I'd just waited instead of forcing the buy after last nights drop...

Indeed good sir. Your order was pissing me off so i raised mine Smiley. Luck would have it that it was filled in a 2.25btc sell at once. Someone wanted btc bad when i was sitting with the order at 46 satoshi as i had a 7.75btc sell into my 10.3btc wall.

Lets be friends... bring your buy in line with mine and i'll cause no more trouble Smiley else the gauntlet will go down... i want position #3 on the richlist.

Hahaha! I'm a day away from another buy so all good. Congrats on top 3!!
Jump to: