Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 894. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Well, there are so many combinations one can do to secure their coins.

Totally 90% in Cold wallet.

7% on your harddrive on a computer.

3% on your phone. If 5% or 10% means millions for you then I'd say Gratz Wink
I thought it was more like in the range of 5 % = 100 000 coins.  Wink

My suggestion is never keep too much on exchanges. Alot of people had lost their BTCs that way before.
With DigiBytes, you have even better reason (compare to Bitcoin) to not keep many of your coins on exchanges. Because the transaction is so fast, you just send them there when you need them, and be able to trade within 5 mins.

I haven't used paperwallet before. So I don't have any comment on that matter.
USBs are so cheap to get.

legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
whats the safest way to store my DGB ?
i have 60% stored ofline on encrypted wallet with backup ( usb drive )
and 40% still on bittrex exchange.

but i plan to buy more in the next weeks.

maybe a third wallet somewhere?

would go crazy if i lose my DGB :p

You have my thumb of approval for this post. Also rename your wallet.dat files to something else for your backup. I go the extra mile and winrar with password protection.

thats a good idea , thx !
although i would like a third place to store my coins. a second ofline wallet with USB would be possible i think.
i'm gone keep some coins on my phone in the future, but not milions of coins cause it's always conected to the internet.
so thats not a long term  storage ..

My rule of thumb is just keep the amount of coins you think you will use for the day or week on your phone.

maybe start thinking of  paper wallet for third ofline wallet,
like http://cryptocards.co/

but i never used a paper wallet, maybe its better to buy more USB and create another wallet like that.

I have 3 USB sticks which I have my wallets on. To access the USB you need to put in password, then different winrar passwords for each of the wallets.
Congrats on getting in Digibyte. It's one of two of my favourite coins Smiley
Activity: 351
Merit: 250

You have my thumb of approval for this post. Also rename your wallet.dat files to something else for your backup. I go the extra mile and winrar with password protection.

although i would like a third place to store my coins. a second ofline wallet with USB would be possible i think.
i'm gone keep some coins on my phone in the future, but not milions of coins cause it's always conected to the internet.

My rule of thumb is just keep the amount of coins you think you will use for the day or week on your phone.

maybe start thinking of  paper wallet for third ofline wallet,
like http://cryptocards.co/

but i never used a paper wallet, maybe its better to buy more USB and create another wallet like that.
legendary

legendary

Hey Verias, my approach is something like this:

Wallet A)
Most of your coins should be in a Cold Wallet Encrypted Backups (Three or more backups should be fine, for example 3 USBs, in worst case if your two copies are damaged you still have the third).
The password should be written down CLEARLY on a piece of paper and "hide" it. This wallet should NOT exist on the harddisk nor touch Internet, until you want to send coins from this wallet at any time in the future.
Amount ~70%

Wallet B)
Some of your coins are in a wallet on a computer B connected to Internet if you like to, encrypted. I do run DigiByte Core wallet always on for full node and Mining, always on.
Write down password on a piece of paper.
Amount ~10%

Wallet C) (if you have more than one computer)
Some of your coins are in a wallet on a computer C connected to Internet if you like to, encrypted. I do run full node, connecting to Network one or twice a week to update to the blockchain.
Amount ~10%

Wallet D)
Some of the coins are in the Mobile Wallet on your phone. The amount should be that much you a comfortable with. At the end of the day the goal of DigiByte is that everyone can use a common device to handle daily business needs. So I think it's good practice for us to begin to do that with a small amount of coins. You can DigiByteTip, donations, etc. To spread usage of DigiByte I think we all need to get our phone to do the work.
Amount ~5%

Wallet E)
Amount ~5% on an exchange.

If you buy more, you can send from the exchange to the different wallets with similar percentage above.
This approach should work fine independently of coin-type, not only for DigiByte.

Wallet A)
Most of your coins should be in a Cold Wallet Encrypted Backups (Three or more backups should be fine, for example 3 USBs, in worst case if your two copies are damaged you still have the third).
The password should be written down CLEARLY on a piece of paper and "hide" it. This wallet should NOT exist on the harddisk nor touch Internet, until you want to send coins from this wallet at any time in the future.
Amount ~70%

Wallet B)
Some of your coins are in a wallet on a computer B connected to Internet if you like to, encrypted. I do run DigiByte Core wallet always on for full node and Mining, always on.
Amount ~10%

Some of your coins are in a wallet on a computer C connected to Internet if you like to, encrypted. I do run full node, connecting to Network one or twice a week to update to the blockchain.
Amount ~10%

Wallet D)
Some of the coins are in the Mobile Wallet on your phone. The amount should be that much you a comfortable with. At the end of the day the goal of DigiByte is that everyone can use a common device to handle daily business needs. So I think it's good practice for us to begin to do that with a small amount of coins. You can DigiByteTip, donations, etc. To spread usage of DigiByte I think we all need to get our phone to do the work.
Amount ~5%

Wallet E)

If you buy more, you can send from the exchange to the different wallets with similar percentage above.
This approach should work fine independently of coin-type, not only for DigiByte.

Problem is that i only have 1 pc.
And i don't mine coins so i don't see the point of keeping a wallet on a pc thats conected to the internet.

Wallet A)
Amount ~70%

Wallet B)
Amount ~10%

Amount ~10%

Wallet D)
Amount ~5%

Wallet E)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
WARNING
Last week somebody lost 80BTC because of a security breach. The hacker could acces his computer using Teamviewer.
So be advised!

https://twitter.com/notsofastcrypto/status/589053413071028224
https://twitter.com/Splatters_Huge/status/589093005509926912

Watch out for this follower
@teamviewer_agen Block him!
Absolution for any digital crime can be purchased by sending half the proceeds here, where I will assure they are distributed amongst the needy!  Grin

1CbsH146YVLgosWn9VBgB7XaGWnJcUfbLo

Is team viewer the culprit here?  It doesn't look as if that is certain from these tweets.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
WARNING
Last week somebody lost 80BTC because of a security breach. The hacker could acces his computer using Teamviewer.
So be advised!

https://twitter.com/notsofastcrypto/status/589053413071028224
https://twitter.com/Splatters_Huge/status/589093005509926912

Watch out for this follower
@teamviewer_agen Block him!
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176

Would love a signed Digibyte book  Grin

There is a page in every upcoming cryptocurrency book titled "About the Author".  I can easily place my signature on there below the text Smiley  
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
"DigiByte" said at the beginning of April:

"We wanted to publicly thank Tyke for his work on his previous book as well as his upcoming book all about DigiByte!

If you would like to help support his work on the upcoming DigiByte book here are his BTC & DGB addresses:

DGB:      DMfRwtmM9sF7TTqHUiazrjN3i8xTv28cCN
BTC:       1N3ddmBCQiPCbbawXCjxtzkfGcZqb7YBrK

Thanks again Tyke & we are looking forward to the book!

You can check out his previous book here: http://www.amazon.com/Cryptocurrency-The-Alt-ernative-Beginners-Reference/dp/1505743486"

Thank you for the suport from the DigiByte community Smiley
How far into the thread are you Tyke, I was thinking about you today as the pages in here climb.
pm me a DigiByte price for your up and coming best seller, signed and delivered to UK, in fact give me a price for signed beginners reference too.
I don't really want to buy it off amazon.  Wink

I have read up to the 10th of January 2015 (just over 15,000 messages).  It took two weeks. 

I will look into getting a few signed copies of my first book available. 

Would love a signed Digibyte book  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
"DigiByte" said at the beginning of April:

"We wanted to publicly thank Tyke for his work on his previous book as well as his upcoming book all about DigiByte!

If you would like to help support his work on the upcoming DigiByte book here are his BTC & DGB addresses:

DGB:      DMfRwtmM9sF7TTqHUiazrjN3i8xTv28cCN
BTC:       1N3ddmBCQiPCbbawXCjxtzkfGcZqb7YBrK

Thanks again Tyke & we are looking forward to the book!

You can check out his previous book here: http://www.amazon.com/Cryptocurrency-The-Alt-ernative-Beginners-Reference/dp/1505743486"

Thank you for the suport from the DigiByte community Smiley
How far into the thread are you Tyke, I was thinking about you today as the pages in here climb.
pm me a DigiByte price for your up and coming best seller, signed and delivered to UK, in fact give me a price for signed beginners reference too.
I don't really want to buy it off amazon.  Wink

I have read up to the 10th of January 2015 (just over 15,000 messages).  It took two weeks. 

I will look into getting a few signed copies of my first book available. 

Activity: 109
DigiByte
hi i am a bit worried my multibit wallet shows this in status

and says this transaction is not standard and should not be trusted
thought I'd buy some more DigiByte

Need more details.

Where did the transaction come from (who or what sent you the DGB)?
Did it include a fee?
If it did include a fee what size is it?
Have you tried resetting the blockchain?
What is the supposed TXID?

Thank you for answering me I think it is time that i reformat my hard drive found 11 Trojan horse from old wallets and miners
normally I only use windows defender but installed Malwarebyte I almost got panik, and eventually the transaction went through
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
whats the network hash at these days for shah?
It jumps about ACP, same for all the algos but as I write this it's sitting around 62TH/s. I've seen it up near 200TH/s. I'm going to post a link to the what to mine site, I personally don't use sites like this to decide what to mine as I find they can sometimes  be misleading but it is one way to look at instantaneous network speeds until someone comes  up with a better tool for this job!
http://www.whattomine.com/coins/113-dgb-sha-256?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=8000.0&br=2362.68&d=3037473.087&p=2000.0&fee=3.0&er=0.00000053&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&btc=248.725&commit=Calculate  

edit: Don't forget to refresh the page when you want a value!
Activity: 750
hi i am a bit worried my multibit wallet shows this in status

Need more details.

Where did the transaction come from (who or what sent you the DGB)?
Did it include a fee?
If it did include a fee what size is it?
Have you tried resetting the blockchain?
What is the supposed TXID?
whats the network hash at these days for shah?

Hi ACP,

I had a similar question. Check this link:

http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php/topic,6.0.html

I think it's around 80 TH/s.
Activity: 421
maybe a good idea to create  a group on skype or slack for big DGB holders like they do with archcoin.
(with archcoin everyone with more then 8k coins can apply to a slack group if i remember right)

have to prove it with ofline wallet not coins on exchange.

slack is good idea.
hi i am a bit worried my multiwallet shows this in status

Hi cliffmadsen,

I suppose you are using DigiByte MultiBit Wallet on your PC. I really cannot help you and I am using the Core Wallet on PCs.
Hopefully author of that wallet checks this thread to help you.

If you plan to buy a fair amount of DGBs I might suggest to make a new wallet. And remember, Backup is your friend before you do something to your existing wallet.

I just came up with another suggestion. If you post here any DigiByte address from your wallet and then I can make a transaction to you 
to test.
Jump to: