Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 916. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Good to see this  Grin

When we hit the 30 sat next week i start buying again Smiley

30sat is way to low...Hope you dont get left behind  Wink

That's low for sure and hope not but number of investors are run out (btctalk)
Time to throw some nets in the ocean and catch fresh fish, a extra line for merchants also welcome!

Digibyte has already lot of foundation, time to show off some Smiley
Activity: 351

Good to see this  Grin

When we hit the 30 sat next week i start buying again Smiley

30sat is way to low...Hope you dont get left behind  Wink
as long as DGB is lower then 70 sat i will keep buying more DGB.
u can never have enough DGB Grin
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Hello guys, first post after long time, I decide to come back in crypto and i am going to say that i am impressed at the marketing/communication of DigiByte, i can't understand why this coin is so low value, it's certainly one of the most professional alt - coins out there.

one question, does the https://digibytetip.com/ works ok? i did tweet for getting my first DGB and got a reply but i don't see any amount on my balance yet. I am exited just installing my wallet, imagine the excitement when getting some DGB there Tongue

Welcome back and welcome to DigiByte.

Why the price is low? From my point of view;
1) Jared and the team are great in communication but not just yet in marketing. As I think, it is because they do not want to give too much of talk before they really achieve something HUGE, worth mentioning it. This could be also a strategy against the competitors.
2) As in many other digital currencies, the use of DigiByte is also one of the biggest problem. People try making money only by trading it. If you cannot use a currency for buying something you want, then what is it for? So at this point, I am guessing and hoping that Jared and the team are really working hard to make this happen along with Tofugear Hong Kong Partnership. Can you imagine Chinese speaking countries or the customers of Tofugear are buying their usual orders with DigiByte? (This could be great for DGB in the buying process but could be really bad when they want to turn their DGB into FIAT).
3) Since DGB is not a pump and dump coin, whales, pumpers, quick profiters, etc... do not want to invest because it is a bit difficult to manipulate such inflated coins like DGB, DOGE compared to those with very less inflation, like MNE, NAUT etc... Summing up, if someone thinks they cannot make quick money, they don't invest (these days, you will see this pattern a lot).
4) DGB needs a great foundation. Also it could have been great to have a few famous people on board from the digital currency platform, such as Michael Terpin, Ƀrock Pierce, Max Keiser (going with start coin), Brian Kelly (kinda very silent or away, waiting for summer), Charlie Shrem (he is in prison now, could be great to write him in the name of DGB, so he may feel that he is not alone and support DGB and maybe advertise...), Kim Dotcom, etc... There are many to list... Having such connection with these people will help DigiByte to be known world-wide with a much faster manner.

Then once these all done, we can get to gocoin platform if we achieve the least $3 million market cap (nearly 6 times the current market cap, so approximately 300 SAT price with the current supply amount will get us there, so much to do Smiley). That will make DigiByte boom boom boom!... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m48GqaOz90

Roughly speaking, a price range between 300-500Sat is realistic in the next 3-5 months, 500-1000Sat is achievable, possible, desirable in the next 2-3 years and over 1000Sat is a dream, but not impossible.

Best,
Halin

+1000 you hit the nail here Cool
Activity: 308
is there like a pool which automatically converts what you mined to digibyte?

i only have 280x so i want to mine at x11 x13 or something that asics cant. is there also an algo for cpu?

there is a pool that i mine x11 coins. start uro and cannabis but the site automatically converts it to syscoin which has scrypt algo

I think your profitability is highest mining DGB directly (even better than mining an x11 or x13 coin and then converting). I recommend the groestl algo. You can find pools on the OP and there's detailed info about setting up the best miner and configuration here and here. Give it a try and let us know.

i dont know why but when i tried groestl i always get waiting for work i think then setting gpu to idle.

im trying qubit right now
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
To give the Digispeed update some more attention we need to get this higher in the list, This awesome update needs more attention IMHO.
Come over and get the conversation going.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1003476
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
im trying to start solo mining with sha256 but in this step cant change it on properties, not accept be renamed ... say its not valid name for target

Create a shortcut of your DigiByte wallet, right click, click properties append --server to the end of the TARGET line
(Example: C:\Users\User\Wallets\DigiByte\digibyte-qt.exe --server)
Save it and run your DigiByte Wallet as a server using that newly created shortcut.

Right-click the shortcut icon of your wallet
   a. choose Properties
   b. click the Shortcut tab
   c. in the Target, add -server to the end. (Example: "C:\Program Files\DigiByte\digibyte-qt.exe" -server)

Ok that runs ! but before open it completly give me an error with rpcuser and rpcpassword  Huh i change it to example wallet shows, but still giving me an error and closing wallet.

any idea?

and in algo= i type sha256d
Activity: 924
H,
 Thank you again. Will do some research on this.

YC

H,
 Thanks for working with a beginner like me. The transaction ID is valid and there. More silly questions:

1.Where do I check the transaction on the blockchain?

2.What am I looking for specifically to validate it?

As always, appreciate it in advance. Must be small as I am nothing compared to the stars in this community!

YC

I tested this and here is what happens. You create Address 2. You send 1 DGB from Address 1 to Address 2 and then it says payment to yourself and the quantity is 0. Why would this occur?

Update: The confirmations are complete and it says Debit of 1 DGB and then Credit of 1 DGB. The net is 0. I suppose this is because it is within the wallet. Anyone clarify? Is there a way to look at each address in your wallet to identify the total amount in each?

YC

Did you see the TX ID? If yes, then it means you sent it to your wallet using the new address.
You may want to confirm it on the block-chain, check with the block explorer.

If not, that could be because the amount is too small, but it seems like you have debited and credited it successfully. Smiley

Dear YC, it has always been a pleasure talking with you.

- When you send DGB to an address, you can check the amount you sent on the block explorer of DGB with either the address you sent to or its transaction ID. If the block explorer is an instant one, then you will see the transaction happening there as soon as it is sent. Otherwise, it will take longer.

- When you sent DGB, you can double click on the amount you sent on your wallet and you will see the TX ID on its details, but again you can check it with the address you sent to. Please see the OP of DGB for the block explorer, at the top of the page, right hand side (for your convenience, here it is: http://digiexplorer.info/).
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
H,
 Thanks for working with a beginner like me. The transaction ID is valid and there. More silly questions:

As always, appreciate it in advance. Must be small as I am nothing compared to the stars in this community!

YC

I tested this and here is what happens. You create Address 2. You send 1 DGB from Address 1 to Address 2 and then it says payment to yourself and the quantity is 0. Why would this occur?

Update: The confirmations are complete and it says Debit of 1 DGB and then Credit of 1 DGB. The net is 0. I suppose this is because it is within the wallet. Anyone clarify? Is there a way to look at each address in your wallet to identify the total amount in each?

YC

Did you see the TX ID? If yes, then it means you sent it to your wallet using the new address.

If not, that could be because the amount is too small, but it seems like you have debited and credited it successfully. Smiley

Dear YC, it has always been a pleasure talking with you.

- When you send DGB to an address, you can check the amount you sent on the block explorer of DGB with either the address you sent to or its transaction ID. If the block explorer is an instant one, then you will see the transaction happening there as soon as it is sent. Otherwise, it will take longer.

- When you sent DGB, you can double click on the amount you sent on your wallet and you will see the TX ID on its details, but again you can check it with the address you sent to. Please see the OP of DGB for the block explorer, at the top of the page, right hand side (for your convenience, here it is: http://digiexplorer.info/).
Makes sense. The transaction fees are there regardless of whether it is an exchange or just address to address. Makes sense.

I agree that someone with a big wallet will want to do that to protect themselves. Learned a lot today! This community rocks!

YC

HR,
 As always, thanks for all your contributions and insight. This seems to be a bit of a more cumbersome method to keep launching wallets. I suppose the difference here is that you are creating MULTIPLE wallets with MULTIPLE addresses versus the first is a SINGLE wallet with MULTIPLE addresses. Am I correct in my understanding?

YC

Yes.

It's also a bit cumbersome, but much less cumbersome than using different machines, or virtual machines, etc., but if you're working with a 34 billion DGB wallet, you might want to go out and buy a dedicated laptop.  Cheesy

As for another of your questions, the fees are the same as for any other transaction . . . it doesn't matter where the actual location of the direction is (even if they are two addresses in the same wallet on your own computer, the transaction still has to be run through the network and included in the blockchain).
HR
legendary
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
HR,
 As always, thanks for all your contributions and insight. This seems to be a bit of a more cumbersome method to keep launching wallets. I suppose the difference here is that you are creating MULTIPLE wallets with MULTIPLE addresses versus the first is a SINGLE wallet with MULTIPLE addresses. Am I correct in my understanding?

YC

Yes.

It's also a bit cumbersome, but much less cumbersome than using different machines, or virtual machines, etc.; however, if you're working with a 350 million DGB wallet, you might want to go out and buy a dedicated laptop.  Cheesy

As for another of your questions, the fees are the same as for any other transaction . . . it doesn't matter where the actual location of the direction is (even if they are two addresses in the same wallet on your own computer, the transaction still has to be run through the network and included in the blockchain).
Also, when you send DGB within addresses in a wallet or wallets, are there fees being assessed? I am assuming not, but wanted to be clear.

YC
H,

YC

YC

legendary

YC

HR,

YC

For you folks that are larger holders of DGB, how are you splitting it with multiple addresses? Does the wallet allow you to send DGB within addresses when they are already in your wallet? I thought that capability was not there.

24, I am still alive! Thanks for checking up on me. I didn't forget you. Smiley

YC

Your wallet can hold multiple addresses. Lose your wallet, lose what's in every address. You can send from one address to another just like you can to any address created in the Blockchain. What's important to remember here is that if you want to backup your private keys (versus backing up the entire wallet), you need to back them up individually, one at a time.

If you want separate wallets for each address, follow these instructions:

1) install DigiByte Core
2) encrypt your wallet and let it sync
3) close DigiByte Core
4) backup your wallet.dat file and rename it anything you like, but something like wallet101.dat might help you keep track
5) launch DigyByte Core, and a new address will automatically be created and assigned to a newly created wallet.dat file
6) encrypt your wallet (no need to sync again, that was done already on the first install)
7) close DigiByte Core
Cool backup your wallet.dat file and rename it anything you like, but something like wallet102.dat might help you keep track
9) wash, rinse and repeat the number of times you like

IMPORTANT NOTE: Always rename your wallet before saving it to backup media, NEVER WORK WITH the base wallet.dat file! If you were to copy one with the other, you'd be "up the creek".

HR
legendary
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
For you folks that are larger holders of DGB, how are you splitting it with multiple addresses? Does the wallet allow you to send DGB within addresses when they are already in your wallet? I thought that capability was not there.

24, I am still alive! Thanks for checking up on me. I didn't forget you. Smiley

YC

Your wallet can hold multiple addresses. Lose your wallet, lose what's in every address. You can send from one address to another just like you can to any address created in the Blockchain. What's important to remember here is that if you want to backup your private keys (versus backing up the entire wallet), you need to back them up individually, one at a time.

If you want separate wallets for each address, follow these instructions:

1) install DigiByte Core
2) encrypt your wallet and let it sync
3) close DigiByte Core
4) backup your wallet.dat file and rename it anything you like, but something like wallet101.dat might help you keep track
5) launch DigyByte Core, and a new address will automatically be created and assigned to a newly created wallet.dat file
6) encrypt your wallet (no need to sync again, that was done already on the first install)
7) close DigiByte Core
Cool backup your wallet.dat file and rename it anything you like, but something like wallet102.dat might help you keep track
9) wash, rinse and repeat the number of times you like

IMPORTANT NOTE: Always rename your wallet before saving it to backup media, NEVER WORK WITH the base wallet.dat file! If you were to copy one with the other, you'd be "up the creek".

YC
legendary
One further clarification. If the DGB are transferring within addresses on your wallet, you do not have to send them to an exchange first correct? Sorry for the silly questions. Bit of a noob. Smiley

YC

H,
 So let me understand something. If you have multiple addresses in one wallet, will it still look like 1 wallet? I thought that was the purpose of using multiple wallet addresses to make the amounts look spread out more efficiently.

A bit confused.  Undecided

Multiple addresses in the same wallet will not show up all as one in the richlist. This is the main reason why a richlist is nothing more than a 'high score' list for bragging rights. (My wallet has multiple addresses that I've used for different mining pools so I can keep track of how much each pool has made.)

If you have multiple addresses in your wallet, you would need to send all of the coins in your wallet to one of your addresses, that way they would all show up in the richlist as one address.

Yes, exactly. Once a transaction made to an address, that address shows on the blockchain and in the rich list. Block chain does not care about if they are in the same wallet or not... The main thing is the address. So you can send DGBs to the same wallet with different addresses generated on the same wallet, and at the rich list people see them at different addresses, even though they are at the same wallet.

Sorry for the confusion YC, I totally misunderstood what you meant and lead to a slightly different topic, which is clarified above.

Best,
Halin

Yes, because it is a network and each transaction counts differently regardless of the wallet, due to the block-chain nature.
I appreciate the list, but so much changes so frequently. Something perceived a top wallet may not be in a short period of time. Distribution is a bit skewed.

YC

Ow enough to get in the list haha but i dont care..It's just a list. Thats it.

How so? You don't have a lot in there? Smiley

YC

You are correct. I suppose folks are still interested in a distribution of the coin, but not sure it's a very accurate assessment anyways.

YC

H,
 So let me understand something. If you have multiple addresses in one wallet, will it still look like 1 wallet? I thought that was the purpose of using multiple wallet addresses to make the amounts look spread out more efficiently.

A bit confused.  Undecided

Multiple addresses in the same wallet will not show up all as one in the richlist. This is the main reason why a richlist is nothing more than a 'high score' list for bragging rights. (My wallet has multiple addresses that I've used for different mining pools so I can keep track of how much each pool has made.)

If you have multiple addresses in your wallet, you would need to send all of the coins in your wallet to one of your addresses, that way they would all show up in the richlist as one address.
Missing 1 of my wallets in the list.  Grin
Jump to: