Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 927. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

I already reserved a nice chair.

How much more do i need to reserve when the sleeping giant wakes up?
@ cryptoraver,, So did you already reserved a chair?

@YC, Where you at buddy?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I have now only got December 2014 and the beginning of January 2015 to read through (pages 703-774).  Before I read through December on this thread, please could people write down their Top 5 events in December 2014.

December 10th, 2014: MultiShield hardfork at block 400,000. DigiByte deploys & executes its third hard fork to improve network performance alongside a reward reduction to extend DigiByte production to 21 years.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9746630

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9798549

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9816577

Yes Smiley I have noted down those events today.  On page 726 at the moment.   

We wanted to publicly thank Tyke for his work on his previous book as well as his upcoming book all about DigiByte!

If you would like to help support his work on the upcoming DigiByte book here are his BTC & DGB addresses:

DGB:      DMfRwtmM9sF7TTqHUiazrjN3i8xTv28cCN
BTC:       1N3ddmBCQiPCbbawXCjxtzkfGcZqb7YBrK

Thanks again Tyke & we are looking forward to the book!

You can check out his previous book here: http://www.amazon.com/Cryptocurrency-The-Alt-ernative-Beginners-Reference/dp/1505743486

Hi Tyke, I just send you 50k donation for this great initiative, and of course when the book is finished i buy it to, because this is a nice way to spend my time on the bahamas later on when i'm fat rich because i was a early adopter of DigiByte Wink
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
Everytime I see the price drop even 1 satoshi I buy more  Grin
Price is controlled by a big whale Smiley  No news only downwards presure... I cant complain Smiley

why do every thread says their coin is the best and the price is just manipulated by whales.

please stop with price is being manipulated etc etc.

it is because there are no updates coming for a while and in crypto new updates are a big thing

So the 12btc sell order is normal to you and everytime there is a "dump" immediatly the sell orderbook fills that gap with round figures pushing down the price..
Offcourse because we dont have allot of big news (Digispeed  Roll Eyes  Huh) the market maker uses that to not pump the price.

Well IMHO it's a shame that Digibyte is not already on 100,200,300+ sat because it deserves to be there. Here we can see that almost everyone is waiting just for news to come play the market and really dont see what Digibyte stands for and with that the value of Digibyte really is.

Buy hype sell news,,Yes,Thats the only value for 90% of the players.

For now,And that will soon change.

All markets will be controlled by whales until such time the currency gains enough adoption. I notice a similar pattern with the Guldencoin trading today... Once the price falls low enough the sell walls vanish and the price shoots up. It's a continues cycle.

DGB could go back to 30 sat again at which point I will buy up a lot myself.
Everytime I see the price drop even 1 satoshi I buy more  Grin
Price is controlled by a big whale Smiley  No news only downwards presure... I cant complain Smiley

why do every thread says their coin is the best and the price is just manipulated by whales.

it is because there are no updates coming for a while and in crypto new updates are a big thing

So the 12btc sell order is normal to you and everytime there is a "dump" immediatly the sell orderbook fills that gap with round figures pushing down the price..
Offcourse because we dont have allot of big news (Digispeed  Roll Eyes  Huh) the market maker uses that to not pump the price.

Well IMHO it's a shame that Digibyte is not already on 100,200,300+ sat because it deserves to be there. Here we can see that almost everyone is just waiting  for news to come,play the market and really dont see what Digibyte stands for and with that the value of Digibyte really is.

Buy hype sell news,,Yes,Thats the only value for 90% of the players.

For now,And that will soon change.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Everytime I see the price drop even 1 satoshi I buy more  Grin
Price is controlled by a big whale Smiley  No news only downwards presure... I cant complain Smiley

Price is controlled by a big whale Smiley  No news only downwards presure... I cant complain Smiley
Activity: 750
hello. i am mining on http://digihash.co/ with payouts going to the digibyte android wallet. I noticed that SHA-256 has not paid out since 8am PST. Could the pool owner look into that?  Thanks Smiley

It's probably best to try to avoid sending regular pool payments to a mobile wallet, they typically arent designed for that kind of heavy usage. Using DGBWallet.com as the pools payout address and then transfering the balance to your android every day or two would be a better option.
Activity: 658
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I have now only got December 2014 and the beginning of January 2015 to read through (pages 703-774).  Before I read through December on this thread, please could people write down their Top 5 events in December 2014.

December 10th, 2014: MultiShield hardfork at block 400,000. DigiByte deploys & executes its third hard fork to improve network performance alongside a reward reduction to extend DigiByte production to 21 years.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9746630

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9798549

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9816577

Yes Smiley I have noted down those events today.  On page 726 at the moment.   

We wanted to publicly thank Tyke for his work on his previous book as well as his upcoming book all about DigiByte!

If you would like to help support his work on the upcoming DigiByte book here are his BTC & DGB addresses:

DGB:      DMfRwtmM9sF7TTqHUiazrjN3i8xTv28cCN
BTC:       1N3ddmBCQiPCbbawXCjxtzkfGcZqb7YBrK

Thanks again Tyke & we are looking forward to the book!

You can check out his previous book here: http://www.amazon.com/Cryptocurrency-The-Alt-ernative-Beginners-Reference/dp/1505743486
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
hello. i am mining on http://digihash.co/ with payouts going to the digibyte android wallet. I noticed that SHA-256 has not paid out since 8am PST. Could the pool owner look into that?  Thanks Smiley

After looking at it we see two pending blocks. It appears payments were pushed out. Did you receive a payout?
Activity: 560
Am i broke yet?
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

ADDED
But if you can get stores accepting this thats something diffrent.
Let's say, I accept this in my store.  
Offcourse i already have something to check fake money and the trust level in a store on both sides are already some steps higher then some random guy on the street.I dont want to rip people off in my store for a few bucks and get a bad reputation.

So what about this,
A person comes to my store, He can withdraw money for Digibytes,He already is in my store so the possibility that he buys something is also very high.  +/+ situation for both.
I create a litepaid invoice link with the ammount he wants to get in cash.(If i want euro's for the Digibytes,Or else just use Digiticker.info and calculate how much Digibytes he needs to pay for the ammount cash he wants) Did the customer buy something i will not count any fees.

Litepaid deposits my money on my bank account and the customer gets his cash money right after the payment is done in my store.
I dont have to pay fee to deposit my cash on the bank  (6 euro for each deposit  Lips sealed Undecided ) and the customer walks away with a trusted feeling not being ripped off.

Did we just create a exchange office for Digibyte? Grin

There you go. That's what I was thinking. Surely there is something there that we could use . . . and improve upon. :-)

@esotericizm, I'm paying under $20 a month and have everything "unlimited". With a $250,000 investment, I think the budget is certainly available for a full service website and now it's just a job of convincing 'upper management' not only of its necessity to project a positive corporate image, but also of just how little it actually costs to do so. Anything "network" related should be given a priority 1.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
HR, This is normal on the kickass website, Why they do this i dont know but yeah this really is a danger for everyone that uses kickass for the first time.
Always use the download torrent link  Smiley

Just watch where you click, basically. But most users don't read and just click and open... (I'm a sysadmin, so I deal with people all day  Wink ). It's deceptive, yep.

A direct link would be better.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
We need DGB NFC payments.

I have told that before Smiley

As for the torrent thing it is very much preferable because is for free as esotericizm said, also peer to peer and sharing is what we do here and it's not easy to get hacked.

On the other hand blockchain is a very sensitive content so it has to be from a totally trusted source. It is not easy for amateur on normal users (sometimes even advanced users) to be safe and not been cheated when they downloading stuff. Of course this is their own problem but here we have to do with valuable stuff. Maybe a direct link from the op forum and the site could help to avoid some trouble..
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

The direct link is a good idea, and I do understand everybody else's needs.

However, does DigiByte really need third party download sites (not to mention third party download sites linked to pirated software)? Think of the negative PR that comes from that! (Both conscious and subconscious.)

Don't we have www.digibyte.co and github that, between the two, can take care of all of our needs?

I agree with you here and its why I suggested that Jared add a "Full Install" for the digibyte wallet. But you need to understand that bandwidth costs money and the current bootstrap.dat is 800MB. Often times when you buy a website hosting plan it comes with a limited amount of bandwidth and if you are hosting large files that people are downloading regularly you can quite often run over that limit. Whereas putting bootstrap.dat on a public tracker costs us nothing at all and it will be available for a long time to come!

It's also worth noting that the official Bitcoin website doesnt host its own copy of the blockchain (or bootstrap.dat) for the above reasons.

I and the Digibyte Team are in no way related to Kickass.to or any other torrent tracker and I was simply using it as a means to an end.  The main thing to take away from this is that we are aware that the initial sync time can easily become a problem and are actively working towards solving that problem!

24hralttrade - This was the initial idea behind DigibyteWiki.com and I'd love to see you guys help me out with articles and downloads if you PM me your idea's I'm sure we can make it happen!

However, does DigiByte really need third party download sites (not to mention third party download sites linked to pirated software)? Think of the negative PR that comes from that! (Both conscious and subconscious.)

Don't we have www.digibyte.co and github that, between the two, can take care of all of our needs?

I really do like the idea about a Digibyte download site where you can download everything you need,  Pictures,logo's,wallets,miners,bootstrap,video's and everything related to Digibyte.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

HR, This is normal on the kickass website, Why they do this i dont know but yeah this really is a danger for everyone that uses kickass for the first time.
Always use the download torrent link  Smiley

And it's normal for child molestors to molest children.

Remember, you vote in the marketplace with your money and/or participation. When you do business with someone, you are supporting that entity.

Does DigiByte want to be associated with these types of people?

They're using fraud to try and get trojans on people's machines for god's sake.

Normal for them? Does that mean it's okay for you?

let me clarify some stuff here.

Piratebay was down when I originally uploaded the bootstrap.dat. If you run Adblock+ that big "Download" button will not show up on the website. A large majority of public trackers (eg Piratebay, Kickass, Torrentz.eu) use the same deceptive practices, its how they make money. Kickass is easily one of the more well known trackers but that doesnt mean they wont screw their users over with malware and spyware. I can't think of a single public torrent tracker that doesnt use the same type of practice. I personally only ever use private trackers such as TorrentDay and IPTorrents but users either need to pay or be invited by a paying member in order to join these sites which means its not really a great way in order to get bootstrap.dat out to the public.

For example and to backup what I've said above here is a screenshot of my Kickass.to torrent page where you will notice that the shady links dont even appear on my browser.

tl;dr Run adblock plus! Kickass and other public trackers are simply a method of content delivery. None of the cloud sharing services are particularly great (as you pointed out with mega).

In the future I will post the direct link to the torrent so there's no need to mess around with the public tracker. The direct link for the above torrent is digibyte.bootstrap.dat.blocks.2015.02.04.blocks.0.555000]http://torcache.net/torrent/3A1D3DD3E2C99ED6453F61D40DAD5E0FD903EC00.torrent?title=[kickass.to]digibyte.bootstrap.dat.blocks.2015.02.04.blocks.0.555000

Always use the download torrent link  Smiley

And it's normal for child molestors to molest children.

Remember, you vote in the marketplace with your money and/or participation. When you do business with someone, you are supporting that entity.

Does DigiByte want to be associated with these types of people?

They're using fraud to try and get trojans on people's machines for god's sake.

Normal for them? Does that mean it's okay for you?

Haha dont get to agressive on this one,I really understand your point of view!... esotericizm uploaded the file just to let people check it out and because there are not that much free to use upload website/torrents, really kickass is the best on that part.
I always use kickass for downloads.. Never had any problem just dont click the wrong link haha,,(easier sayd then done i know)

And i dont say it's okay for me,Not at all!  Only when there is nothing else to use......
Offcourse Digibyte dont want to be associated with these types of people.
Jump to: