Pages:
Author

Topic: Digitalcoin Dev ROBBED! - page 22. (Read 25999 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
March 14, 2014, 06:38:25 PM
If I was running a 'secure' exchange and was dumb enough not to be able to secure my own personal coins, I still wouldn't be dumb enough to announce it..........just saying  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
March 14, 2014, 06:31:22 PM
Some guys here, including master troll BCX, are morons. There is no motive to dumping hundreds of thousands of coins at the same time and again whenever the price reaches 10k satoshis or higher. You underestimate the intelligence of the dev because this guy invests months and months of work into the coin, is super patient (and continues to be) if he wanted or needed money he could have just sold coins in any 10k amount over all the past weeks and months slowly and under the radar of market attention. It especially makes no sense to choose a time when DGC already is at a new low (massive dumping began in 12k satoshi area). Trust is a bitch.

You could tell by the one day graph someone was dumping lots and lots of coins and it looks more like dumping out of mere panic to get as many BTC as possible to make a quick escape with the fortune. It is a fairly large amount and there was a time not too long ago when everyone and the dev was able to buy DGC for 3k satoshis, so no wonder he held so many of them. I bought tens of thousands of coins then myself for extremely cheap. This, plus all the donation coins make up a big stash alone - there was no premine nor instamine with DGC! Who would hold a lot of coins if not the dev believing in his own project backed with his full time and money?!

CryptoAve will get USD trading enabled very soon, merchant services are coming for DGC, the new (really terrific) website will get launched soon and the dev has been doing everything he can to fill the promise of Digital with contents. You are unhappy about the lack of publicity? Fine, many are. But I have no reason to doubt Baritus and believe he created the next best (and fair) coin after Litecoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Independent Cryptoveloper
March 14, 2014, 06:24:50 PM
In the crypto world, everyone is guilty until (well there is no until anything).
Activity: 786
March 14, 2014, 06:15:51 PM
You guys turn quick on someone in a second no jury or trial just guilty i see  Undecided

Most people here on bitcointalk are pitch-forking idiots.  Carry on.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 14, 2014, 05:44:29 PM
You guys turn quick on someone in a second no jury or trial just guilty i see  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
March 14, 2014, 03:59:18 PM
50 BTC worth.

EDIT:  Here's what I don't understand... How does he know it was his former employee?

I lost a bit more than 560,000 DGC due to an ex-employee copying the wallet file and later key logging the password from the work computer. Most if not all of it was already dumped (those are the massive sells you noticed yesterday).

This will not affect anything when it comes to DGC's development. I'm probably more motivated if anything.

How does he know said ex-employee made a copy of the wallet file, and keylogged the password?  How does he know it wasn't someone outside who managed to hack his network or something?

Why do want want to attack this with logic and reasoning?

~BCX~
Here's motive, too:  He wanted money.  He could sell the coins himself, pocket the 50 BTC, but then faith would be lost in the currency if the founder is selling a bunch of it, and the rest of his DGC holdings would be worthless.  So he claims it was stolen, sold off in "those massive sells" yesterday, so that he can sell a large amount of his own coins without raising anyone's suspicions.

To me, his facts seem too definite.  He knows more, without question, than he should be able to.  On top of what I've already mentioned, somehow he knows that the coins sold on the exchange yesterday were the same ones that were "stolen".  Sure, one might make a reasonable conclusion to that effect, but with certainty?  He seems certain.  Why?

EDIT:  Also, he mentions nothing about the ex-employee as far as prosecution or recovery.  It's like $30k was taken from him and he just doesn't care.  Who doesn't care about $30k?  Also, who doesn't change passwords after an employee who had access to the machine storing all the money leaves?  That would be the first thing I would do, and I'm not even a very security-conscious person!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Put your trust in MATH.
March 14, 2014, 03:32:05 PM
You have to trust employees, unfortunate for him.  If my wife wanted to rob my BTC, she could do it easily as well because I trust her.

Is your wife your employee?

No, I am hers.  And its a sweet deal!   Grin
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
March 14, 2014, 02:58:15 PM
You have to trust employees, unfortunate for him.  If my wife wanted to rob my BTC, she could do it easily as well because I trust her.

Is your wife your employee?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
March 14, 2014, 02:56:42 PM
50 BTC worth.

EDIT:  Here's what I don't understand... How does he know it was his former employee?

I lost a bit more than 560,000 DGC due to an ex-employee copying the wallet file and later key logging the password from the work computer. Most if not all of it was already dumped (those are the massive sells you noticed yesterday).

This will not affect anything when it comes to DGC's development. I'm probably more motivated if anything.

How does he know said ex-employee made a copy of the wallet file, and keylogged the password?  How does he know it wasn't someone outside who managed to hack his network or something?
Activity: 235
March 14, 2014, 02:53:14 PM
No developer should have that many coins.. Reeks of premine and scam.  So basicly you're saying someone scammed the scammer.. Doesn't hurt my feelings anyways..
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
March 14, 2014, 02:08:23 PM
DGC is the eternal promise of cryptocoins.

bagholding a bunch of them.
legendary
Activity: 912
March 14, 2014, 12:59:03 PM

Gotta love the BS stories some of these devs come up with to rob their own community.

Seems to be a trend.

Baritus a self proclaimed crypto-security guru god second only to Realsolid in his granduer can't secure his wallet.

Sure buddy....sure.

~BCX~

I agree, things just get fishier and fishier around Baritus.

Securecoin was made to sound like he developed the latest greatest coin when it was just a reward change to Quark...100% bullshit.  Lose faith when such a bold lie.
CryptoAve in 6month+ beta to be the greatest exchange ever...sucks worse than allcrypt.
DGC price drops 300%, CryptoAve is a dud...uhoh someone stole 500,000DGC.
DGC had no premine and Baritus says that limited marketing etc etc due to that fact and needs user donations to fund everything...yet he has 500,000DGC stolen and that is just part of his PERSONAL stash...lol looks like for every 10DGC donated 9 go to Baritus and 1 goes to the marketing campaign...which so far has been "hey guys I want to add another coin to CryptoAve...what should it be"  wow brilliant!

Activity: 868
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
March 14, 2014, 12:31:39 PM
At least this time the theft doesn't affect BTC Cheesy
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
March 14, 2014, 12:27:21 PM
Bartiused

Similar to Goxed. When a cryptocurrency was claimed to be stolen was infact stolen by the person making the claims.

You've been Bartiused
Activity: 868
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
March 14, 2014, 11:39:21 AM

Gotta love the BS stories some of these devs come up with to rob their own community.

Seems to be a trend.

Baritus a self proclaimed crypto-security guru god second only to Realsolid in his granduer can't secure his wallet.

Sure buddy....sure.

~BCX~

Lol, it's like you can't even go by a few days without hearing one of these stories. Oh, the drama... Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
March 14, 2014, 09:25:03 AM
That is fucked up. 500k of dgc will be worth a fortune.

If he knows him personally ....it's time for some serious action for that amount.
Activity: 140
Put your trust in MATH.
March 14, 2014, 09:12:10 AM
yes he was hacked last week but that is not his full stash. His remainder is in cold storage.

Really?  He must still control a buttload of DGC if that is just his hot wallet.

You have to trust employees, unfortunate for him.  If my wife wanted to rob my BTC, she could do it easily as well because I trust her.
Activity: 530
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 14, 2014, 06:36:56 AM
That's sad. He's doing a great job with CryptoAve.com
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
March 14, 2014, 06:18:00 AM
yes he was hacked last week but that is not his full stash. His remainder is in cold storage.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
March 14, 2014, 04:28:14 AM
People warned bartius was a scammer and no one listened. You've been bartiused

Pages:
Jump to: