Pages:
Author

Topic: DIRA - The BrainMining coin! - (NXT clone, 10% of total supply to NXT holders) - page 8. (Read 7249 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
The brainmining looks like only for very smart, intelligent people.
So its not justified to say its a fairer model than other mining, coz its still only possible for a small group.

How can we ordinary Joe get the coins from brainmining???
Activity: 5
We are testing other tasks, this is an example (every letters has a random *value and the user has to insert the total sum of the 3 given words):

http://www.diracoin.org/brainmathwords/brainmathwords0.png

This should be easy enough to make useless even a calculator and long enough to make the time to manually copy and paste every letter and its value to a spreadsheet bigger than calculate it by mind (or with the help of a paper).

As always, every feeback will be evaluated.

* in this example it is in a range 1-12 but we could decrease it 1-8 or less.

Images in brain mining/cypher/mathwords are very hard on eyes, why not use some kind of animation to confuse OCR & scripts. Other ways could be making use of audio for certain characters, numbers etc.
Activity: 70
We are testing other tasks, this is an example (every letters has a random *value and the user has to insert the total sum of the 3 given words):

http://www.diracoin.org/brainmathwords/brainmathwords0.png

This should be easy enough to make useless even a calculator and long enough to make the time to manually copy and paste every letter and its value to a spreadsheet bigger than calculate it by mind (or with the help of a paper).

As always, every feeback will be evaluated.

* in this example it is in a range 1-12 but we could decrease it 1-8 or less.
Activity: 7
I support the brainmining idea, but not in a competition mode. In the current design, 99% people will try and then give up. Its counter-effective for adoption and promotion of the project. In the end 1% of the people who happened to show interest in the project will stay but the project will die.
Activity: 42
Why's not distribute the coins via faucets like XRB/Nano in the past? This is impossible to solve if there are too many people at once.

I think this should be competitive. The Brainmining is what makes this really unique. If you just Airdrop all tokens and get rid of Brainmining this coin is nothing special.
I like it especially because of the Brainmining idea and I believe it should the focus of development.

Activity: 182
Merit: 5
wow! just kept an eye on the braincypher page (without doing anything) ... and literally watched (for at least two minutes), as the majority of these were solved in less than 5 seconds .. that isn't possible by human! horseshit! it's the same amount of time it takes me to calculate just the position ... let alone typing the first word. something isn't kosher there. and, this happens with the majority ... between 5 and 6 seconds
Activity: 182
Merit: 5
Why's not distribute the coins via faucets like XRB/Nano in the past? This is impossible to solve if there are too many people at once.

As we turn on again the BrainMath and CPUMining, and most important as we add other tasks, users will have more chances to obtain DIRA. Also we'll start a little airdrop to make people know DIRA. But at the moment all our efforts are focused to improve our system. Anyway, there are more and more users that are BrainMining (as you can see in the transactions of the blocks you can find different addresses). If you want to have an idea how much DIRA we are giving users you can go here (it's raw data, we are going to implement it in a stats page in the next days):

http://www.diracoin.org/explorer/stats

yes! ^ i like this. especially knowing that bmath and cpu will be returning and not be replaced by only cyper method
Activity: 29
is that the brain mining  function has been closed on website, but opened on app?
Can you keep web mining open? Because seams we cannot connect to it on app because it may has been blocked by Chinese government (we are in China), and if it’s a web version, we can use vpn to connect
Activity: 58
Devs you are the best,

I received my 1000 Dira, as you promised. Thanks

As we turn on again the BrainMath and CPUMining, and most important as we add other tasks, users will have more chances to obtain DIRA. Also we'll start a little airdrop to make people know DIRA. But at the moment all our efforts are focused to improve our system. Anyway, there are more and more users that are BrainMining (as you can see in the transactions of the blocks you can find different addresses). If you want to have an idea how much DIRA we are giving users you can go here (it's raw data, we are going to implement it in a stats page in the next days):

http://www.diracoin.org/explorer/stats

Activity: 301
Merit: 10
Activity: 58
I dont think he means that the cypher is changed every 10 seconds but that the image refreshes.

As I posted before I just made a simple spreadsheet so I can "solve" those in probably 10 seconds or less depending on how fast and accurate I type, but there is one guy who could do it significantly faster than me, probably about  5 to 7 seconds I assume.

Yeap! I stopped trying, because it is impossible to catch THE guy speed...I think this is a war of programmers
Do you really think that 10 sec is enough to solve this kind of problems !! . It is really not enough , I keep trying my best was to solve 2 words and when typing for the third the image changed , and the words was really short , imagine if when the words is long ! . I really do not think that 10 sec is ideal to solve this puzzles manually , No way ! .

Sad

I meant the imagine refreshes itself every 10 seconds or if you solve the problem. The script checks every 10 seconds if there is an image different and it that case switch it to the new one but if no one solved the problem the image is the same. If you see the image changing it is because someone solved the problem.

--

Update: in the meanwhile there was the first block forged by a DIRA user -> DIR-27VB-SLVS-2H5Q-E2YPP
I dont think he means that the cypher is changed every 10 seconds but that the image refreshes.

As I posted before I just made a simple spreadsheet so I can "solve" those in probably 10 seconds or less depending on how fast and accurate I type, but there is one guy who could do it significantly faster than me, probably about  5 to 7 seconds I assume.

The images refreshes every 10 seconds or when you solve a problem.

Do you really think that 10 sec is enough to solve this kind of problems !! . It is really not enough , I keep trying my best was to solve 2 words and when typing for the third the image changed , and the words was really short , imagine if when the words is long ! . I really do not think that 10 sec is ideal to solve this puzzles manually , No way ! .

Sad

Yeah, what a joke, no way we can put the answer in before the image changes.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266

Sad
You have to find a brain rewarding system that is not too difficult but not easily solvable by machines. Something that cannot be coded by a non-programmer, non-hacker, non-scripter in a google spreadsheet in 30 minutes.
If you do not, then this project will not be taken seriously, because it can be exploited very easily.

https://ibb.co/dvRoLx

https://ibb.co/m2c67c

Being said that we are far to think to have a definitive version of the system, however there are some aspects we gave the priority, one of them is the anti-scripting method. At the moment the most important thing is to avoid the users can implement an automated script that it can solve the problems without human intervention (or the BrainMining will become yet another form of classic hardware mining). Nowdays it is really hard to make something that a computer can't make easier, even if you aren't a programmer, you can just googling and you'll surely find something that suits your needs. But when you make an effort to understand what was written in the image you are making a "BrainWork", when you manually copy and paste the encrypted words in the spreadsheet you are making another work (more practical anyway, but always a manual work), the time you are spending "BrainMining" is in fact the value you are giving to the coin (time that you don't even spend when you activate the mining software and let it makes coins for you). These are the basis of the tasks. But we'll work to make every task the more as "Brain" as we can.

I am not sure it is a bug or it was intended, but BrainCypher image changed every 2 secs on google chrome. http://www.diracoin.org/braincypher

I am not sure it is a bug or it was intended, but BrainCypher image changed every 2 secs on google chrome. http://www.diracoin.org/braincypher
You have to find a brain rewarding system that is not too difficult but not easily solvable by machines. Something that cannot be coded by a non-programmer, non-hacker, non-scripter in a google spreadsheet in 30 minutes.
If you do not, then this project will not be taken seriously, because it can be exploited very easily.

https://ibb.co/dvRoLx

https://ibb.co/m2c67c
Will there be a mobile app? I think BrainMining would be a great mobile game and could reach millions of users

Mobile industry is our main target. At the end of the first stage of DIRA, when we'll reach a better and definitive standard of the rewarding system, we make a porting of every tasks to a mobile version.
Pages:
Jump to: