Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 10. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Cryptopreneur
September 09, 2012, 07:50:53 PM
Why is there even anymore discussion? He didn't pay he got the tag, end of story. Reinsert your tampons and move along. If you people ever want any real action to happen, make it. Either track down these people or pay someone to do it. Get in touch with the local organized crime figures in there respective areas, and have them persuade them to pay up or teach them a lesson they won't forget. I don't recommend this course of action, but it's most likely the best to get the desired results.  Cheesy
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
September 09, 2012, 07:31:40 PM
the larger investors in his scheme certainly should be pursuing him.

Well they're certainly not wasting their time here.
Lol...he got his scammer tag...the deal was pay up or accept the tag...
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 09, 2012, 07:28:31 PM
I'm still agonizing over which is funnier... watching the entire spreadsheet worth of bettors get pantsed in public, or the outcry over it.

Sorry, but the list of betters was public almost from the beginning. Matt's post didn't change anything, since everyone was able to see who bet what from the few Google Docs links provided earlier.

How did you manage to interpret 'get pantsed in public' into, 'get made public'?

English Mutha Fugga, do you read it?

Thought he was referring to Matt's post where he listed all the bettors and how much they bet on the forum. Guess I was wrong.

FYI, Russian is my first language. Then Ukrainian. Then English. (Then a few others). My language skills are also inversely proportional to how late I stayed up the night before, reading Matthew's bet threads XD
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 09, 2012, 07:25:27 PM

As a spectator, I'd like the occasional update in a locked topic.
Activity: 322
September 09, 2012, 07:21:25 PM
I'm still agonizing over which is funnier... watching the entire spreadsheet worth of bettors get pantsed in public, or the outcry over it.

If anyone who had an IQ reaching into double digits did any background on Matty, and his Hilarious Horde of Hijinks you would have known good and early that this would turn out to be a spoof, a canard, a bon geste. You have all been made out to look as foolish as online personas can possibly be, and every single bettor who lined up for this abuse looks about as intelligent as the losers on To Catch A Predator, who stand there dumbfounded, wondering why they aren't screwing a 14 year old hottie, and they are being grilled on TV instead.

I would imagine the only remorse Matt has is that it fell on the 9th of September, and not the 1st of April.

What a boatload of buffoons! Quick, back into your clown car and go chasing after the next great scheme... you know they next one has to be real...

Seriously dickhead?  To ignore you go.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 09, 2012, 07:20:11 PM

Sorry, but the list of betters was public almost from the beginning. Matt's post didn't change anything, since everyone was able to see who bet what from the few Google Docs links provided earlier.

How did you manage to interpret 'get pantsed in public' into, 'get made public'?

English Mutha Fugga, do you read it?
Activity: 336
September 09, 2012, 07:15:12 PM

BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
September 09, 2012, 07:13:58 PM
That's a question I had.  Are the bitcoin police pursuing pirate?  That's what I'd like to know.
If you're being sarcastic, I'll respond by saying that the larger investors in his scheme certainly should be pursuing him. If you're not being sarcastic, I don't have an answer.
I'm serious.  They do exist.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Police

I saw a thread here about their involvement in the JRO case. 

0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 09, 2012, 07:08:30 PM
That's a question I had.  Are the bitcoin police pursuing pirate?  That's what I'd like to know.
If you're being sarcastic, I'll respond by saying that the larger investors in his scheme certainly should be pursuing him. If you're not being sarcastic, I don't have an answer.
BCB
vip
BCJ
September 09, 2012, 07:04:32 PM

0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 09, 2012, 07:02:55 PM
By the way, what's with your obsession with short consonant groups?

Acronyms, nimda.

BCB is my nic.  VIP the board gave me for a contribution.  CTG PT and STG were me just testing those fields in my profile and I never bothered to remove them.

Not acronyms, nimda.
While we're offtopic on the obscure page 60, how does one do maths, gangnam style? On a pretend horse? In a hot-tub? At a yoga class?

OP OP OP OP

So why he may not have any credibility he is obviously crazy like a fox.  

He did have some credibility before this.  He was eccentric but sometimes a venture need an eccentric but passionate person.

Who knows??  He  was on my ignore list until all this bet stuff started blowing up.  I just find all this redirected pirate anger quite fascinating.
Notice all the attempts to find pirate have stopped, and everyone who claimed to know him haven't spoken a word about his identity.

Fascinating indeed.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 09, 2012, 07:02:27 PM
this isn't just trolling. this is fraud
BCB
vip
BCJ
September 09, 2012, 07:01:21 PM

He did have some credibility before this.  He was eccentric but sometimes a venture need an eccentric but passionate person.

Who knows??  He  was on my ignore list until all this bet stuff started blowing up.  I just find all this redirected pirate anger quite fascinating.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 09, 2012, 06:59:09 PM

Also, don't forget, the "buffoons" were the ones who were saying that Pirate and other similar investments, or as you called it "the next great scheme," were scammy bullshit. I.e. their whole point was exactly what you claim they should be laughed at - that people believing these scammers are "buffoons." Matthew, in attempting to defend these "next great scheme" scammers, said put your money where your mouth is, so they said fuck you and did so. They didn't actually put any money on the line (no escrow), and the only thing they ended up proving is that they were right, and that Matthew was a troll.

+1 This.

LoupGaroux  likes to judge others from the outside when not knowing the full context of what happened. Uses big words to make himself sound important....

Obviously you didn't bet Matthew now as in to challenge Matthew's call out of us Ponzi name callers.

What I think is funnier is that you didn't even step up to the plate and show you had a pair. All you did was warm the bench.

/End Troll  Grin Grin Grin
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
September 09, 2012, 06:58:23 PM

Acronyms, nimda.

BCB is my nic.  VIP the board gave me for a contribution.  CTG PT and STG were me just testing those fields in my profile and I never bothered to remove them.

Not acronyms, nimda.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 09, 2012, 06:57:56 PM

He did have some credibility before this.  He was eccentric but sometimes a venture need an eccentric but passionate person.
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 09, 2012, 06:57:49 PM

Acronyms, nimda.

Wrongsir!

Acronyms, nimda.

BCB is my nic.  VIP the board gave me for a contribution.  CTG PT and STG were me just testing those fields in my profile and I never bothered to remove them.
I still find it comical. What's BCB mean?
BCB
vip
BCJ
September 09, 2012, 06:56:08 PM

Acronyms, nimda.

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
September 09, 2012, 06:55:26 PM

Acronyms, nimda.
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 09, 2012, 06:52:27 PM
[quote pyramid removed]
Did you make a bet with matthew?  Did you give him credibility at that time of that bet.  If so that I would have to question your judgement.  If not why are you defending those who did.
I made a bet with matthew. I gave him credibility because:
  • He was a staff member
  • He was well-known and a long-standing member of the community
  • He was editor in-chief of Bitcoin Magazine
  • He had not yet passed his 10K goal when I made the bet

He lost credibility (for me) when:
  • He continued accepting bets beyond the 10K goal
  • He continued accepting bets when it was clear pirate was running
  • He continued accepting bets outside of the original thread

Question away.

I've seen his youtube channel.  He never had any credibility with me.
I saw him dancing with horse masks. Still, putting Bitcoin Magazine in B&N gave him some credibility in my eyes. Did you really think his youtube channel outweighed those first 4 bullet-points?

Same. I thought the chances of him paying out were very slim after the 10k, but still better than zero. I incresed my original bet at the last minute, why not?
Right, why not? I thought the chances of him paying were higher than those of pirate. (I still do, by the way. 0.000001 > 0.0000001)

The ones i've seen are incredibly boring and amateur.  Obvious starved for attention.  Which he is getting plenty of here.  So why he may not have any credibility he is obviously crazy like a fox. 
By the way, what's with your obsession with short consonant groups? It's really comical, the "BCB VIP CTG PT STG" thing.
Pages:
Jump to: