Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 14. (Read 104454 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 09, 2012, 02:14:29 PM
Ive gotta say, I repeatedly stated there wad no fucking way Matthew would pay out (even though I had a large amount bet with him), but I never figured it would be on a technicality this lame..I expected more of Matthew, this wasn't even clever.

Yup there was like no effort put into it at all.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
September 09, 2012, 02:13:16 PM
Ive gotta say, I repeatedly stated there wad no fucking way Matthew would pay out (even though I had a large amount bet with him), but I never figured it would be on a technicality this lame..I expected more of Matthew, this wasn't even clever.

Would you have paid in case he had won the bet?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
September 09, 2012, 02:10:45 PM
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2012, 02:09:40 PM
The worst thing is that it is such a terrible joke.
It's as if someone says "I know a good one!" and then lets out a fart.
Very unsatisfying.

Except for the one expelling the gas
Activity: 840
September 09, 2012, 02:08:02 PM
The worst thing is that it is such a terrible joke.
It's as if someone says "I know a good one!" and then lets out a fart.
Very unsatisfying.
legendary
Activity: 1274
September 09, 2012, 02:06:06 PM
AAhhaahaha....SCAM. Please show where money switched hands, please.
Two words: detrimental reliance.

+1

To restate:
If this situation were to be left unchecked, it sets a precedent that you can back out of any bet on a grammatical technicality. Taking actual coins or not paying promised coins is the EXACT SAME THING.

It falls closer to a service rendered, In this case the fulfillment of the agreement was entering the betting information in the forum and having the bet accepted. This is no different than doing a logo design and then not getting paid for your end of the agreement because "you design my logo and I'll send 20BTC to that address".
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
September 09, 2012, 02:05:31 PM
People smart enough to know the term should be smart enough to never have gambled on pirate or rely upon a bet from this guy on the Internet to hedge against the crime they opened themselves up to.
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
September 09, 2012, 02:03:04 PM
legendary
September 09, 2012, 02:00:43 PM
What a fucking clown. Good job dicking over pirate debt holders even more by allowing them to "hedge" with a fraudulent bet you never intended to pay. Good job on teaching those guys a lesson  Roll Eyes

Oh come now. Theymos allows ponzi schemes on the forum, then gets miffed when people don't read the bet their agreeing to in my thread? The double standard is twice as hilarious as the "scammer" tag. I'll wear it with pride. Remember, remember, the 9th of September. (And to everyone who dared to say that people were "stupid" and "ruining bitcoin" by investing into Pirate, you may now eat your socks for complaining about losing this bet)

Now, I don't anger easily, but Matthew, you're the sole loser here,
you have lost a bet you made according to your own terms, and you have proceeded to handle the loss in a most dishonorable way.

I, and many with me bet no more than we could afford to lose.
There is no doubt you would be paid by many, if not everyone, in the event that things had gone the other way.

This loss has cost you what little reputation you had, it will cost you your job, it will cost you your career, and it will cost you the magazine.
Vladimir, please take the appropriate steps to have Matthew fired effective immediately. May his name live in infamy.

^ This
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
September 09, 2012, 02:00:06 PM
Back to ignore you go.  I took it off because I thought you had something to say about the Pirate scam.  Now you are defending a scam.  Fuck you too.

Oh, that's right. I am on IGNORE because your delicate sensibilities are negatively affected by my spewing. For that I apologize, Princess.

How do you people handle REAL LIFE ? Do you hide in your house and yell out a half-opened window, safely behind locked doors ?

There must be a boat-load sized collective of proud parents of those in the bitcoin community  Roll Eyes
legendary
September 09, 2012, 01:59:29 PM
He needs to be silenced  in my opinion.

I'm not taking sides here, but let me say this:

Your attitude sickens me, smoothie! Noone should be "silenced", ever. You need to use the ignore button or go away in my opinion.

LOL that's okay you will get over it.

=)

And it was just my opinion. Chill.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
September 09, 2012, 01:59:01 PM
What a fucking clown. Good job dicking over pirate debt holders even more by allowing them to "hedge" with a fraudulent bet you never intended to pay. Good job on teaching those guys a lesson  Roll Eyes

Oh come now. Theymos allows ponzi schemes on the forum, then gets miffed when people don't read the bet their agreeing to in my thread? The double standard is twice as hilarious as the "scammer" tag. I'll wear it with pride. Remember, remember, the 9th of September. (And to everyone who dared to say that people were "stupid" and "ruining bitcoin" by investing into Pirate, you may now eat your socks for complaining about losing this bet)

Now, I don't anger easily, but Matthew, you're the sole loser here,
you have lost a bet you made according to your own terms, and you have proceeded to handle the loss in a most dishonorable way.

I, and many with me bet no more than we could afford to lose.
There is no doubt you would be paid by many, if not everyone, in the event that things had gone the other way.

This loss has cost you what little reputation you had, it will cost you your job, it will cost you your career, and it will cost you the magazine.
Vladimir, please take the appropriate steps to have Matthew fired effective immediately. May his name live in infamy.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
September 09, 2012, 01:57:36 PM
He needs to be silenced  in my opinion.

I'm not taking sides here, but let me say this:

Your attitude sickens me, smoothie! Noone should be "silenced", ever. You need to use the ignore button or go away in my opinion.
legendary
September 09, 2012, 01:57:26 PM
I know yeah? Another fail Matthew. Fucking hilarious. So funny because you think you're witty and smart but in fact you're just like Atlas...needy and whiney for attention.

How much did you lose in the bet again ? ....and how much did you have invested in Pirate ?

Much less than you...how much did you have with that guy named "PIRATEAT40"?

Do tell... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So...WHO LIKES ATTENTION THEN ?

Perhaps people should weigh their involvement for future posting based on what they have at stake ? ...otherwise, they are all attention whores with nothing involved, right ?
...like Matthew ? the attention-needing child ? ....isn't that what you said ?

Once again you want to put in place RULES and be the referee on who can and can't say certain things. Seriously you make me laugh. LOL
donator
Activity: 980
September 09, 2012, 01:56:43 PM
(And to everyone who dared to say that people were "stupid" and "ruining bitcoin" by investing into Pirate, you may now eat your socks for complaining about losing this bet)
I didn't fall for your scam either, so I guess it's ok for me to say that your scam is probably be the dumbest I have seen. All you archived was to completely destroy your, until now, very good reputation.

Hahaha good one.
Activity: 322
September 09, 2012, 01:55:50 PM
I know yeah? Another fail Matthew. Fucking hilarious. So funny because you think you're witty and smart but in fact you're just like Atlas...needy and whiney for attention.

How much did you lose in the bet again ? ....and how much did you have invested in Pirate ?

Perhaps people should weigh their involvement for future posting based on what they have at stake ? ...otherwise, they are all attention whores with nothing involved, right ?

Back to ignore you go.  I took it off because I thought you had something to say about the Pirate scam.  Now you are defending a scam.  Fuck you too.
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001
September 09, 2012, 01:54:37 PM
(And to everyone who dared to say that people were "stupid" and "ruining bitcoin" by investing into Pirate, you may now eat your socks for complaining about losing this bet)
I didn't fall for your scam either, so I guess it's ok for me to say that it is probably be the dumbest I have seen. All you archived was to completely destroy your, until now, very good reputation.
I heart thebaron
September 09, 2012, 01:54:24 PM
Also, how much did you wager with Matthew anyways ?
I heart thebaron
September 09, 2012, 01:52:59 PM

Activity: 252
September 09, 2012, 01:52:42 PM
Matthew, you really disappointed me: I was hoping you would come up with a less lame excuse for not paying!  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: