Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 13. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 09, 2012, 03:03:50 PM

remember to direct your frustration and anger at pirateat40

Good point EskimoBob.

MNW is clearly enjoying this.

+1
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
September 09, 2012, 03:02:09 PM

Good point EskimoBob.

MNW is clearly enjoying this.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
September 09, 2012, 03:01:02 PM

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
September 09, 2012, 03:00:50 PM
Rampant speculation:
-Matt had a lot of PPT bonds
-This bet was merely an attempt to pump their value back up to 50% before he sold them off.

Thank you. My hope is that 99+% of this forum’s members understood it as well. Mat was screaming for a scammer tag from day 0. But he is somewhat intelligent, therefore until his youthful self-obsession is properly quenched we should expect these desperate and opportunistic attention-seeking moves from him; which are, unfortunately, highly entertaining. And for this reason I cannot make myself to put him on ‘ignore’ (just yet).  I, however, hope that Vlad would not have too much of a trouble with the magazine as a result of this incident. Despite his ‘all publicity is a good publicity’ approach and him praising (Huh) Eric for bitinstant’s desperately unprofessional opportunistic Romney advertising move, I think with the community as tight as it is now – this is a bullet in one’s own face.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
September 09, 2012, 02:57:39 PM
Ive gotta say, I repeatedly stated there wad no fucking way Matthew would pay out (even though I had a large amount bet with him), but I never figured it would be on a technicality this lame..I expected more of Matthew, this wasn't even clever.

Would you have paid in case he had won the bet?

I, for one, would have paid. If I was planning to reneg had I lost, I would have raised my bet to 1000. I said this at the time.

I would increase my bet from 250 btc, because 1000 btc is worth a hell of a lot more than my forum reputation. But I won't, just to show that I have every intention of paying 250 if I am wrong about pirate. Staying at 250.

Does anyone think MNW was trolling when he said he expected pirate to pay? Any reason to believe he would have refused my payment, had he won?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 09, 2012, 02:56:36 PM
For those that think Matthew won't pay, I'm giving 1:1 odds that within one day of the end of the 2012 Bitcoin Conference in London Matthew N Wright will have payed back everyone he owes BTC to. I will accept up to 10,000 in bets, no escrow required. Don't say I won't pay you; I totally will. Any takers?

Yes I bet you -10,000 BTC.
legendary
September 09, 2012, 02:55:23 PM
http://www.bitcoin2012.com/speakers

Matthew N. Wright is a serial entrepreneur living in South Korea, and quit all non-Bitcoin related work to found the Digital Commerce Advancement Organization, the largest Bitcoin business incubator. He co-founded DialCoin, Bitcoin Magazine, BeyondBanks, Safebit, BitcoinMall, ElletSys, and the Bitcoin Association of Korea, offering bi-lingual informational, business integration and translation services. He currently serves as Editor-in-Chief of Bitcoin Magazine.

Achievement unlocked for Matthew Neal Wright.
http://www.facebook.com/matthew.n.wright

Come on guys, you cannot miss up on this conference. Cheesy

I sure hope all the attendies at the conference boo him off the stage for the scummy fuck he is.

This one going to be a memorable conference, that's for sure...

Someone needs to record  it. I can just hear the "get off the stage you fucker!" comments...lol
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
September 09, 2012, 02:54:50 PM
For those that think Matthew won't pay, I'm giving 1:1 odds that within one day of the end of the 2012 Bitcoin Conference in London Matthew N Wright will have payed back everyone he owes BTC to. I will accept up to 10,000 in bets, no escrow required. Don't say I won't pay you; I totally will. Any takers?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
September 09, 2012, 02:54:32 PM

Matthew N. Wright is a serial entrepreneur living in South Korea, and quit all non-Bitcoin related work to found the Digital Commerce Advancement Organization, the largest Bitcoin business incubator. He co-founded DialCoin, Bitcoin Magazine, BeyondBanks, Safebit, BitcoinMall, ElletSys, and the Bitcoin Association of Korea, offering bi-lingual informational, business integration and translation services. He currently serves as Editor-in-Chief of Bitcoin Magazine.

I sure hope all the attendies at the conference boo him off the stage for the scummy fuck he is.

This one going to be a memorable conference, that's for sure...
legendary
September 09, 2012, 02:50:33 PM

donator
Activity: 980
September 09, 2012, 02:47:44 PM

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
September 09, 2012, 02:46:59 PM
The silly logic of Matthew N. Wright:

It's not really funny though, I would have paid if I lost, I'm sure most would. This is nothing other than scamming, pirate and mnw, not much difference. I'm sure he would have gladly taken those 80k BTC if he won.
legendary
September 09, 2012, 02:40:50 PM
I for one can't wait until you get what's coming to you you steaming stack of shit.

1. Who are you addressing?

2. What's coming to them?

Do tell...
legendary
September 09, 2012, 02:29:36 PM
reneg
OK, I've been trying not to go all spelling nazi, but this seems to be breeding - it's spelled renege. Possibly that was part of Matthew's oh-so-clever plan too.

A spelling error too? LOL...it's like a kindergarten's playground with his bet.
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
September 09, 2012, 02:28:22 PM
reneg
OK, I've been trying not to go all spelling nazi, but this seems to be breeding - it's spelled renege. Possibly that was part of Matthew's oh-so-clever plan too.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
September 09, 2012, 02:19:19 PM
Ive gotta say, I repeatedly stated there wad no fucking way Matthew would pay out (even though I had a large amount bet with him), but I never figured it would be on a technicality this lame..I expected more of Matthew, this wasn't even clever.

If everyone got paid 100%, interest included, and there was no collusion with pirate, yes.

The chances of that happening were so astronomically small (nonexistant) I was comfortable risking my stock positions.

That said, since I had no proof (just an extremely strong suspicion) Matthew would reneg on his bet, I would have felt compelled to pay if I lost. (Which again, would have never happened, pirate was never going to pay in full)

legendary
Activity: 1274
September 09, 2012, 02:17:39 PM

Absolutely 100% I would have paid, otherwise I wouldn't have made the bet
legendary
September 09, 2012, 02:17:01 PM

That sounds about right. He put as much effort into this bet as he put into the writing of his magazine.

LOL wow...seems to be a trend here.
vip
Activity: 198
Merit: 101
September 09, 2012, 02:16:05 PM

That sounds about right. He put as much effort into this bet as he put into the writing of his magazine.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
September 09, 2012, 02:15:54 PM
Yeah I expected something a lot better. This is more along the lines of something Atlas would do.
Pages:
Jump to: