Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 48. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
September 05, 2012, 04:32:27 PM
You have to be joking, but I'll take the bait anyways....SA is the somethingawful forums, not whatever you think I'm talking about.

Activity: 714
Merit: 502
September 05, 2012, 04:22:26 PM
Ive been here since before the SA invasion, so no....I did get an account there around the cosbyhack, though (and was promptly banned).

I am kind of a dick, but that has nothing to do with SA.

I'm not the biggest fan of the fuckers mate, but it's not very PC to be so openly racist about SA's
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
September 05, 2012, 04:06:12 PM
what does SA stand for?

Troll detected.
daytrader/superhero
September 05, 2012, 04:03:31 PM
Ive been here since before the SA invasion, so no....I did get an account there around the cosbyhack, though (and was promptly banned).

I am kind of a dick, but that has nothing to do with SA.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
September 05, 2012, 03:58:55 PM

The saddest thing is when a grown man cannot enjoy himself without consuming a substance, and then defends it instead of admitting the sickening state of the chemically dependent socially retarded world we live in.

BAM! In your face suckas!

I realize this is way off topic but since it's your topic anyway and certainly flame bait, i'll bite.

Matthew, I like you, I really do. In the way someone likes the evil child in a horror movie at first. I have a feeling the movie is far from over though.  I also have a feeling you couldn't survive in a society which was not sick. That you depend on the sick state of society to survive. And I have a feeling, if you were left on your own to fend for yourself in a world without the modern trappings of society you would be food.

Just conjecture mind you. We all have our place in the world.

That said, the sickening state of our socially retarded society is directly related to the chemically dependent state of society.

And also, it's the most PC use of the word retarded by you so far. Congrats!

Activity: 714
Merit: 502
September 05, 2012, 03:58:51 PM
what does SA stand for?
September 05, 2012, 03:54:07 PM
Matthew, how confident are you that Priate will pay everyone back? Enough to accept double my last stated bet of 500?

Your bet was declined. I don't accept bets from SA trolls (knowingly).

Matthew, how confident are you that Priate will pay everyone back? Enough to accept double my last stated bet of 500?

Ill take the same deal if youre still taking bets...double mine to 1000 btc too. 4 days left, I'm willing to double down.....

Are you an SA troll too? If not, Accepted.
daytrader/superhero
September 05, 2012, 02:13:59 PM

Ill take the same deal if youre still taking bets...double mine to 1000 btc too. 4 days left, I'm willing to double down.....
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 05, 2012, 01:56:05 PM
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2012, 01:42:29 PM
Ok, Matthew isn't this bad guy, I want believe. He prepares a story for his magazine, concerning people who are not able to read carefully enough, and loosing a lot of money this way. And he will not force this people to pay for their incautiousness. I'm so happy...
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 05, 2012, 01:24:32 PM
Your opinion of him?  A scammer vs. someone who keeps their word?  You have a conflict with which is better?  Really?  Hm....

A scammer vs. a dumbass.

It would have been more awesome to make it the 11th of september.

No, because that is PinkiePie's birthday. A totally different holiday.
Activity: 504
September 05, 2012, 10:58:48 AM
As I wrote in another topic, pirate could be seen as an honest hedgefund trader,

except that he stated he was doing anything but. That in itself makes him dishonest if he were actually hedgefund trading with deposits...
Activity: 504
September 05, 2012, 10:57:15 AM
The saddest thing is when a grown man cannot enjoy himself without consuming a substance, and then defends it instead of admitting the sickening state of the chemically dependent socially retarded world we live in.
Humor me here, not asking you to defend your position and I agree, to some point atleast, being an individual who lives, 'high on life'.

Now for the psychobabble; We have to ignore your understanding of 'the sickening state of the chemically dependant, socially retarded world we live in' in order to further explore the nature of altering ones brain chemistry.

Do we not every day consume substances that in essence effect our enjoyment of ourselves? Every molecule we take into our bodies has some effect on the stasis of the chemcials produced by our bodies and hence forth, the chemicals in our brainds that do control every aspect of our enjoyment or lack thereof. When you undertake the basic need to consume food a myriad of chemical changes take place in our brains. One of the more significant being the release of Dopamine.

To keep this breif we will leave it at a very basic disection of understanding of the brain. In the course of the brain making sure that the body that it controls keeps it alive, it functions as an 'action, reward, memory' device. By releasing chemicals that make us feel happy, sad, scared or angry the brain has authority over insuring that you do in fact consume substance that will reinforce your belief that said substance, no matter how innocuous, is either taken again or avoided.

POWWW!!
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
September 05, 2012, 10:30:24 AM
Well now Matt, when will you pay?

If I lose.

What are the conditions?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/im-giving-100-roi-away-to-anyone-who-thinks-pirate-is-a-fraud-101751

I think its pretty clear that pirate has defaulted.
Pirate defaulted before I even made the bet. I couldn't agree with you more. The bet is not about defaulting.
Describe, if you please and in detail, the type of payment you anticipate winning the bet on...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2012, 10:29:06 AM
Thank you everyone for showing a huge amount of integrity to bet for your beliefs instead of just arguing, defaming, accusing, aggravating, etc. Many of you truly believe Pirate is a ponzi, many of you are simply utilizing my offer for hedging, and still others are simply happy to take a 50/50 chance bet on anything. Regardless, we are at the 10,000BTC mark and thus I am locking the thread so that no more bets can be received here.

I still believe there is a very high chance that Pirate is just doing a business which we don't understand, and my sinking gut, although questioning his lack of professionalism, lateness, etc, reminds me that no one is perfect and it may all just be a series of bad coincidences. I hope I am right and that I am able to prove to the community once and for all that what we don't understand is not always a scam. If I happen to be wrong, I'm happy to have enjoyed this entertaining time with everyone, and I've actually made quite a lot of new friends (as you can imagine).

The original OP states that the bet ends 3 weeks after August 19, 2012, 04:49:20 PM, so that means it ends on September 9th, 2012, 04:49:20 PM KST (Korean Standard Time, local to me). I think I had mentioned a slightly longer deadline elsewhere on IRC out of confusion (September 12th perhaps?), but this is incorrect as you can clearly see. The bet will also end if Pirate has provided proof of paying back all (not 99.9%) of his obligated debts and interests per agreements, whichever comes first.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for participating in this monumental lesson for all of us.
As I wrote in another topic, pirate could be seen as an honest hedgefund trader, who simply invested inaccurate and with too much leverage, and this failed now (as any other hedgefund could). Perhaps you can not prove pirate guilty, ask Matthew, I think he knows it.

And that doesn't make Matthew a better guy, his reputation is nothing worth any more. He thinks he has won his bet, it's a big loss of trust for the Bitcoin community altogether.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
September 05, 2012, 09:58:15 AM
Beware of the man who does not drink

..for he may have imagination and not need to be chemical dependent to have a good time.

I don't really see the point about imagination.
And FYI, needing alcohol != enjoying alcohol

The saddest thing is when a grown man cannot enjoy himself without consuming a substance, and then defends it.

Never said it was the case (In fact it's not). I like both. Anyway, probably a sterile discussion
Let's go back to your bet  Wink
September 05, 2012, 09:57:27 AM

..for he may have imagination and not need to be chemical dependent to have a good time.

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
September 05, 2012, 09:55:20 AM

Activity: 202
Merit: 100
September 05, 2012, 09:20:29 AM

..for he may have imagination and not need to chemical dependent to have a good time.

but he certainly doesn't hold himself above those that do.....
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
September 05, 2012, 09:18:36 AM
Jesus, i just read through 8 pages. Unless i missed something big and are retarded(which is possible) i didn't see anything. Just post a link please.

Since you evidently need it, the TL;DR version:

Matt would not have made the bet if he didn't think he would win.

That is all. All you need to know, all he's said. Check back on the 9th.

So he didn't post  why he thinks pirate is legit. thanks.

Did you read the very first post in the actual bet thread?

Yes. He doesn't mention anything about Pirate's business model.

Thanks for playing!
Pages:
Jump to: