Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 58. (Read 104454 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
Geez, $350,000 bets against ya..  That's nutters.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

... and if you believe that's what will happen, I have a bet for you!

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=588

/sigh. Bets on bets on bets. Is this what it's come to?

To understand why Bitcoin is rapidly becoming the world's number(for i to one, i minus one)
choice for recursive gambling: do first understand Bitcoin.  Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Except Pirate has now said that he would freeze the interest in any case. Do you think Pirate is going to pay MORE than what he just said he would? That would be a first.

Indeed, that alone makes this bet completely unwinnable for Matthew. However, should the next-least-likely thing happen, ie, Pirate paying out with interests calculated to the date he announced the default, while technically I would have won my bet, I will pay matthew my wager.
All of 5BTC Smiley.
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
Mathew why are you taking on bet's for 100% of your stake when you can buy accounts @769% of your stake + lower pirates liability with regards to the bet at the same time?

Is this all one big ironic joke to make the point not to gamble with strangers?
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
I think we've had enough of the scams, tricks, lies, thieving, etc, and I'm glad my bet has already served many of it's multiple purposes. Can't wait until September 9th.

You said you made the bet because you were tired of people screaming "SCAM!" accusations "without evidence".
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Lead Core BitKitty Developer

Since nothing has changed since I made the bet, and there is still plenty of time left on the bet, why would I feel any different? The only time I'll feel different is on September 10th.

Oh well, I suppose anyone who was silly enough to hope for weeks that they'd get money from pirate can be silly enough to hope for 11 more days that they will get money from you Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Good Onya Matthew.

Who's Onya Matthew? Sounds like a great guy though.
His brother, and he is. Their sister Enya is a bitch though.
Activity: 700
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
Good Onya Matthew.

Who's Onya Matthew? Sounds like a great guy though.
donator
Activity: 980
Matthew, do you still believe in winning the bet?

Let's see, what did we know when I made the bet?

• Potentially shady operation with no transparency whatsoever and a chance that no one would ever get paid back
  • Payments were late and would take time to be paid back

And what do we know now?

• Potentially shady operation with no transparency whatsoever and a chance that no one would ever get paid back

Since nothing has changed since I made the bet, and there is still plenty of time left on the bet, why would I feel any different? The only time I'll feel different is on September 10th.

Except Pirate has now said that he would freeze the interest in any case. Do you think Pirate is going to pay MORE than what he just said he would? That would be a first.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

Let's see, what did we know when I made the bet?

And what do we know now?

legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Activity: 633
some group  but i dont think he would tarnish his own rep by being  a representative for something dishonest like BTC  market manipulation

Never. It's just a forum bet. There is nothing seedy or sinister involved.

Sept 9 will bring smiles to most.

I predict that Matthew knew all along that everyone got totally scammed by pirate and this is his way of giving back money to the people who lost it. Out of his own damn pocket.

If you look at this as a bet, The man would have to be on drugs.

Since he does not do drugs, The man is a philanthropist.

Good Onya Matthew.

I for one, do not take Matt at his word.  Not when nearly $400,000 has been promised in payouts should he lose the bet.  He hasn't proved his ability to pay.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
some group  but i dont think he would tarnish his own rep by being  a representative for something dishonest like BTC  market manipulation

Sept 9 will bring smiles to most.

I predict that Matthew knew all along that everyone got totally scammed by pirate and this is his way of giving back money to the people who lost it. Out of his own damn pocket.

If you look at this as a bet, The man would have to be on drugs.

Since he does not do drugs, The man is a philanthropist.

Good Onya Matthew.

well ,if you say its above board   ,that good enough for me

you really increased the limit  from  10K BTC to 35k though ?

i thought you  capped it  and then i come back and its like tripled and
im like WOW ,i musta missed something

and theres threads offering to buy pirates debt for 13%  and all these new rules for
PPT accounts adding to the craziness..........

People are suddenly scared they're going to lose everything, and that panic is causing them to recalculate the value of their investments. I personally think they should hold on to it all or nothing. I think the people on this forum don't represent bitcoin, I think we've had enough of the scams, tricks, lies, thieving, etc, and I'm glad my bet has already served many of it's multiple purposes. Can't wait until September 9th.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum

well ,if you say its above board   ,that good enough for me

you really increased the limit  from  10K BTC to 35k though ?

i thought you  capped it  and then i come back and its like tripled and
im like WOW ,i musta missed something

and theres threads offering to buy pirates debt for 13%  and all these new rules for
PPT accounts adding to the craziness..........

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
There is nothing seedy or sinister involved.

I notice how you chose to use NOTHING in place of what should be NO ONE...right Wink

I hope you get paid Matthew....or at least know what you are doing, as this seems nuts.

legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
i dont know about pirate but i dont think matthew would allow his name
to be used in fashion  to help pirate scam more .........
Well, that's the beauty of it. If the bet is properly bankrolled, Matt pays out, and his name doesn't take any hit, other than "Hehe, remember that time Matt bet that Pirate wasn't a Ponzi? What a goof."

Matt's got arguably  more to lose ,Pirates rep is done and dusted now ,win lose or draw
i doubt he will ever be trusted  again

If a  chief editor and owner of btc magazine and a spokeperson for the bitcoin community is involved in crooked ponzi or operating  a loaded bet funded  from the owner of the ponzi its not like everyone will forget and it will haunt him for life in the bitcoin community which he is very involved in

i dont think matt has $350,000 to lose so it looks like hes being funded by someone or

wel see Smiley

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Well, that's the beauty of it. If the bet is properly bankrolled, Matt pays out, and his name doesn't take any hit, other than "Hehe, remember that time Matt bet that Pirate wasn't a Ponzi? What a goof."

It's ok. It will be a much bettor world afterward.

Patience. It's not September 9th.
Pages:
Jump to: