Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 62. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
[..] (no bets for that though) [..]

Seems like people already learn from Matthew calling them out? And are more careful before shouting 'scam', "I hav proov" and 'I bet'.
(Not meaning you personally, C-f-B)

Ente
+1
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Originally, I disagreed with Matthew's methods, but somewhat sympathized with the original motivation he presented.

However, as of yesterday, circumstances have clearly changed, given the Pirate default statement.

So Matthew's subsequent doubling down now guarantees that things will end very badly for him.

Either:

1. he loses the bet, and will be forever remembered as the obstinate idiot who doubled down and lost 30KBTC in the face of an explicit confession.  No one will ever again respect him, or trust his judgement on any business matters.
2. Pirate pays, he miraculously wins the bet, in which case he will forever be suspected as a crook who had inside information.
3. he welches on the bet through a technicality or pretending it was a joke, in which case he will be forever known as someone whose word cannot be trusted or taken seriously.

Matthew, it's good to have courage and strong beliefs.  But when new concrete information is brought to light, a wise man will reassess the validity of those beliefs before digging himself a deeper hole.  There is no dishonor in admitting a mistake and engaging reverse.  In fact, quite the opposite.

legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
[..] (no bets for that though) [..]

Seems like people already learn from Matthew calling them out? And are more careful before shouting 'scam', "I hav proov" and 'I bet'.
(Not meaning you personally, C-f-B)

Ente
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
I would like to state here on behalf of Bitcoin Magazine that Matthew's bet has nothing at all to do with Bitcoin Magazine. This is not something approved by Bitcoin Magazine and images of Bitcoin Magazine placed in some documents related to Matthew's bet are used so without consent of Bitcoin Magazine and without consulting with board of directors of Bittalk Media Ltd ( publisher of Bitcoin Magazine ).

Matthew acts in his personal capacity and not as representative of Bitcoin Magazine or Bittalk Media Ltd.

Don't worry, man. I believe that Matthew will pay 100% (no bets for that though) if he loses. And those images of Bitcoin Magazine is just free promoting so u should thank him.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
If anyone is interested.....

I am willing to wager 75,000 Bitcoins that Pirateat40 WILL Default.

I will take that bet as long as you also take a 75,000 btc bet at 2 pays 1 that I actually have 75,000 btc Wink

Crap....so much for THAT plan.

Anyone have any other ideas on how I can 'earn' some BTC ? Wink

No, but I have a few ideas about how to 'earn' some 'BTC'.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Guys maybe we should let it go. I know man-code requires everyone to pick up dueling pistoles, but this whole situation is so f*ed up that perhaps it's better to  let everyone lick their wounds.

Considering just where those wounds are, all but the most flexible will find that anatomically impossible.
We could lick eachother's wounds, if you swing that way.

ugh, I'll watch my wording better in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

Maybe set up a Black Pearl passthrough?

-MarkM-
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron

I will take that bet as long as you also take a 75,000 btc bet at 2 pays 1 that I actually have 75,000 btc Wink

Crap....so much for THAT plan.

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

I heart thebaron

Activity: 686
Wat
Matt never had any intention of repaying.  Before long the amount owed will be more than the amount Pirate owes.

Ponzi!!!
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Matt never had any intention of repaying.  Before long the amount owed will be more than the amount Pirate owes.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
I would like to state here on behalf of Bitcoin Magazine that Matthew's bet has nothing at all to do with Bitcoin Magazine. This is not something approved by Bitcoin Magazine and images of Bitcoin Magazine placed in some documents related to Matthew's bet are used so without consent of Bitcoin Magazine and without consulting with board of directors of Bittalk Media Ltd ( publisher of Bitcoin Magazine ).

Matthew acts in his personal capacity and not as representative of Bitcoin Magazine or Bittalk Media Ltd.

legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
What the hell Matthew, are you still accepting bets?  Huh

Are you willfully placing yourself in a position where you can not possibly repay to use that as an excuse to slip off the hook?  Angry

Code:
420 BTC
1B2ChfKWKDvEzhaxQBE1hVaw8a7c93qTkC
Your magazine is on the line, crazy man.

If you do pay, I will build a shrine to your name in my home and chant your name in thanks, every September 9th from this year till the the end of the blockchain.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

Why is there no question #1? Or is there? Or is this it? Or else?
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Frankly speaking, this community has continuously been wrong about me from the first day I came into it.

I said you were annoying and I was your friend as well as enjoyed you on the forum.

Please don't tell me that I was wrong. I can't handle anymore heartache today.

<3
I heart thebaron
Frankly speaking, this community has continuously been wrong about me from the first day I came into it.

I said you were annoying and I was your friend as well as enjoyed you on the forum.

Please don't tell me that I was wrong. I can't handle anymore heartache today.
The fact that he's still taking bets shows he is sure he has a way to avoid paying, and maybe even making you pay, so increasing it now seems pretty stupid.

Wisdom. Or I'm just sure I'll win.  Shocked

Are you betting with your own coins or has someone else asked you to make this bet for them.  You claim to know very little about Pirate and his operations yet you don't come off as stupid enough to make a blind bet on a whim with such a large amount of your own cash.

No offense, but everyone is saying something different right now. Either I know something and I am not saying, or I don't know something and I'm just playing, or I'm just ignorant and don't know what I'm doing, or I'm lying and don't care about the outcome, or this or that or the other thing. Frankly speaking, this community has continuously been wrong about me from the first day I came into it. After this freakish display of accusations and speculation, I think I finally got over it. Everyone can think what they want, I'll keep doing what I want. ^_^ Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
The fact that he's still taking bets shows he is sure he has a way to avoid paying, and maybe even making you pay, so increasing it now seems pretty stupid.

Are you betting with your own coins or has someone else asked you to make this bet for them.  You claim to know very little about Pirate and his operations yet you don't come off as stupid enough to make a blind bet on a whim with such a large amount of your own cash.

Pages:
Jump to: