Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 107. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
From DNote Telegram Today:

Shane, [12.07.18 11:58]
[In reply to Tim Gogginnz]
That’s very exciting and thanks for the link to the press release. Will there be updates on the progress (for example - current running total for amounts raised?)

Tim Gogginnz, [12.07.18 12:00]
Once we hit certain thresholds I imagine we will let the community know.

Alan Yong, [12.07.18 12:20]
I will provide updates at the appropriate time. It typically takes a lot of ground-work and "hand-holding".  I do not want to build up false expectation or get ahead of "potential".  Be patience. This could take a few months of highly focused efforts.

For anyone in the community, just want to back this up. Having raised VC myself, I can say that it is a stressful, time-consuming, energy-sapping business activity.

Patience is absolutely the watchword. I don't envy the job Alan and team have ahead of them. Raising capital is just painstakingly not-fun.

Amen to that, been there as well. I admire the DNotes team for sticking to their guns and doing this through traditional channels. Don't get me wrong, I love most things about crypto but, the ICO stage isn't quite set and basically, anything could go wrong taking that uncertain route. Hats off to the DNotes team for making this a reality!

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
Additionally there is a staking reward, for active stakers on a block by block basis. The block reward is 2% of total coins yearly, but calculated each block. Currently the block reward is roughly 5.9 DNotes per block with roughly 53 million being staked. So your reward at this rate would be more like 6+% yearly and compounding.

I am keeping track of how much my wallet stakes every (approximate) 24 hour period. What I'm finding is the APY ranges from 4.48% to 5.28%, though so far I only have four days of good data. I had two days where the APY was 4.88%. What I mean by APY is that if my wallet were to stake consistently at that exact rate for the entire year, I would get that percentage in staking rewards at the end of that year. But each day, the balance I input increases based on the previous day's staking rewards, and the APY is based on the difference between yesterday and today's wallet balance. So I don't know if it's the same formula a bank would use in calculating compound interest, but it gives me a good idea of what my wallet is doing on a day to day basis.

Excellent, thanks wiser, that is helpful to know.
legendary
DNotes
This is super cool! Our release of crucial products is certainly accelerating. Wordpress is used by a massive percentage of websites online, and adding a wordpress plugin to DNotes pay mean that anybody using wordpress will be able to accept DNotes in exchange for online products, and not even need to modify code to do so (which we made super simple in the first place). Users instead can plug in the values with a graphical user interface to set up their DNotes pay scripts.

To think that this is all just in our alpha phase, and no other cryptocurrencies are able to do what we have released for both automated invoicing and automated payments. To copy what we have achieved would probably require an overhaul of a cryptos code and a hard fork because the system relies on being embedded into the networks code itself. We were able to include this feature that will be a mainstay of making cryptocurrency suitable for mass adoption because we had the foresight to plan for it long before we built DNotes 2.0.

Congratulations! It is starting to sink in what a BIG deal this is. Great work!

Thanks wiser, it is a really big deal Smiley. Probably easier to realize the benefits if you have gone through the process of trying to simply sell products, or digital products online. There are lots of options but most have a lot of complexity, technical baggage, significant cost, unnecessary requirements, or even tack on so much in fees it becomes nearly impossible. All of which rely on an approval process, having met certain prerequisites, and so on.

Each of the DNotes Pay modules will have their own advantages catering to different needs in the marketplace as well as open up new doors in the marketplace. Open doors to people who may have not been able to particiapte previously, or significantly remove the barriers. The first few are geared more towards creators and digital type products and immediate deliverables. Such as information, books, photos, art, and any other kinds of downloaded product you can imagine.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
Additionally there is a staking reward, for active stakers on a block by block basis. The block reward is 2% of total coins yearly, but calculated each block. Currently the block reward is roughly 5.9 DNotes per block with roughly 53 million being staked. So your reward at this rate would be more like 6+% yearly and compounding.

I am keeping track of how much my wallet stakes every (approximate) 24 hour period. What I'm finding is the APY ranges from 4.48% to 5.28%, though so far I only have four days of good data. I had two days where the APY was 4.88%. What I mean by APY is that if my wallet were to stake consistently at that exact rate for the entire year, I would get that percentage in staking rewards at the end of that year. But each day, the balance I input increases based on the previous day's staking rewards, and the APY is based on the difference between yesterday and today's wallet balance. So I don't know if it's the same formula a bank would use in calculating compound interest, but it gives me a good idea of what my wallet is doing on a day to day basis.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
This is super cool! Our release of crucial products is certainly accelerating. Wordpress is used by a massive percentage of websites online, and adding a wordpress plugin to DNotes pay mean that anybody using wordpress will be able to accept DNotes in exchange for online products, and not even need to modify code to do so (which we made super simple in the first place). Users instead can plug in the values with a graphical user interface to set up their DNotes pay scripts.

To think that this is all just in our alpha phase, and no other cryptocurrencies are able to do what we have released for both automated invoicing and automated payments. To copy what we have achieved would probably require an overhaul of a cryptos code and a hard fork because the system relies on being embedded into the networks code itself. We were able to include this feature that will be a mainstay of making cryptocurrency suitable for mass adoption because we had the foresight to plan for it long before we built DNotes 2.0.

Congratulations! It is starting to sink in what a BIG deal this is. Great work!
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Working on a DNotes Pay wordpress plugin for individual digital delivery type products. This will be the minimalist version using shortcodes to create individual payment buttons and automatic delivery. Still working out a few details, but to give you an idea:

Where ever you put that shortcode, your custom purchase button will show up and allow your customer to purchase and receive immediate delivery of the product.

We are also working on a software based pay per use DNotes Pay model, which we will be releasing with a software product to demonstrate the functionality and the use case.

legendary
DNotes
Sorry if this has been asked before but with staking in the wallet, does the wallet have to be online all the time? is the reward proportional to the uptime? what proportion of the month is required to qualify for block reward?
Thanks

Hi Variant65, not a problem. The wallet does need to be up all the time and staking for staking reward. The reward is proportional to the number of coins being staked for that block.

Thank you, so the reward is paid per block? ie every minute? so the monthly reward would then be proportional to the uptime, correct?

Oh, the CRISP monthly interest doesn't require staking or uptime. You will get that even if you store your DNotes offline in cold storage.

You receive 0.5% of your coins monthly on coins that remain at the same address for the CRISP period (every 30 days).

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Sorry if this has been asked before but with staking in the wallet, does the wallet have to be online all the time? is the reward proportional to the uptime? what proportion of the month is required to qualify for block reward?
Thanks

Hi Variant65, not a problem. The wallet does need to be up all the time and staking for staking reward. The reward is proportional to the number of coins being staked for that block.

Thank you, so the reward is paid per block? ie every minute? so the monthly reward would then be proportional to the uptime, correct?
legendary
DNotes
Thanks

legendary
DNotes
Working on a DNotes Pay wordpress plugin for individual digital delivery type products. This will be the minimalist version using shortcodes to create individual payment buttons and automatic delivery. Still working out a few details, but to give you an idea:

Where ever you put that shortcode, your custom purchase button will show up and allow your customer to purchase and receive immediate delivery of the product.

We are also working on a software based pay per use DNotes Pay model, which we will be releasing with a software product to demonstrate the functionality and the use case.
Activity: 27
Thanks
legendary
DNotes
Merit: 102
I think  dnotes is a most undervalued token in the holl crypto world now. It must be atleast 8000-10000 sat .....and im prety sure it will be very very soon!

PS>Sorry for my bat English but im from Bulgaria, i do my best to make dnotes faumos here Smiley
Best of luck to all note-comunite.
Cherrs

I really like your confidence and agree with your appraisal MECHETO!

I generally don't like discussing price, because it can change wildly in the short to medium term. But as Benjamin Graham says "In the short-run the market is a voting machines, but in the long-term it is a weighing machine".

The short term then is a vote of who thinks each project is going to explode and take over. As it stands, DNotes is not the most widely known cryptocurrency -- we are currently a diamond in the rough of much-better funded competitors who have had marketing budgets well into the millions, and who have paid similar amounts of money to list on exchanges that have much greater liquidity traded. When coins are traded on higher liquidity exchanges, it also works to advertise them and encourages many new users to check the coin out. Now that DNotes has officially begun its first financing round under Reg D provisions in the USA, we will soon be much more able to bring the attention to DNotes that it truly deserves. 

In terms of the long-term however, DNotes has already produced enough to warrant it belonging in the top 50-100 coins by market capitalization. Keep in mind that most projects are but ICOs that build a stock-standard business on the Ethereum platform (Ethereum did all the heavy lifting), and most of the things we have produced have a much greater effect on crypto adoption than nearly any ICO every will. It should also be mentioned that because DNotes is so much more than just a cryptocurrency, but an integrated business ecosystem -- we will be creating ourselves all the things that startups have created their own ICO token to fund, like exchanges, software, and trading marketplaces etc. We have gone one step further though, and produced things that are actually useful. Take for example the automated payment scripts that we released a couple days ago to showcase the experimental DNotes pay. Now merchants can automatically detect payment and distribute their digital products, without requiring any middlemen, and paying nearly nothing for the privilege of doing so.

The true value of DNotes once you take into account what we have produced compared to the market, and the utility our business properties are adding to the system, is likely double your estimate. So in the short-term the market does what it does, but in the long-term there is only one direction DNotes is heading.

Great observations, Tim. The key for us or any digital currency project is to focus less on the short-term voting and more on how we measure up when it comes to the eventual weighing. It's one thing to come up with a crypto-coin name and rush out to raise a ton of fast money through an ICO - all the while focusing on little more than marketing and brand recognition. it's quite another to start out with a real-world strategy, and actually do the hard work required to develop your project so that it can effectively use investor capital to achieve its goals.

All the ICO-fueled investment funding in the world can never serve as an adequate subsitute for a sound business plan and the drive to see a project through to success.

There are so many things that make DNotes a special project. The vision. The commitment to serving real human needs. The strength of its community. The leadership's dedication to ensuring that DNotes is an inclusive and accessible digital currency usable by everyone around the world. And so much more...

Undervalued? Absolutely. But I like the prospects for that long-term weighing. Hares and grasshoppers are all flash and dazzle, but it's the tortoises and the ants that look like winners when all is said and done.
Merit: 102
Robinhood Crypto Adds Support for Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin Trades

https://dcebrief.com/robinhood-crypto-adds-support-for-bitcoin-cash-and-litecoin-trades/
Activity: 88
I think  dnotes is a most undervalued token in the holl crypto world now. It must be atleast 8000-10000 sat .....and im prety sure it will be very very soon!

PS>Sorry for my bat English but im from Bulgaria, i do my best to make dnotes faumos here Smiley
Cherrs

I generally don't like discussing price, because it can change wildly in the short to medium term. But as Benjamin Graham says "In the short-run the market is a voting machines, but in the long-term it is a weighing machine".

The short term then is a vote of who thinks each project is going to explode and take over. As it stands, DNotes is not the most widely known cryptocurrency -- we are currently a diamond in the rough of much-better funded competitors who have had marketing budgets well into the millions, and who have paid similar amounts of money to list on exchanges that have much greater liquidity traded. When coins are traded on higher liquidity exchanges, it also works to advertise them and encourages many new users to check the coin out. Now that DNotes has officially begun its first financing round under Reg D provisions in the USA, we will soon be much more able to bring the attention to DNotes that it truly deserves. 

In terms of the long-term however, DNotes has already produced enough to warrant it belonging in the top 50-100 coins by market capitalization. Keep in mind that most projects are but ICOs that build a stock-standard business on the Ethereum platform (Ethereum did all the heavy lifting), and most of the things we have produced have a much greater effect on crypto adoption than nearly any ICO every will. It should also be mentioned that because DNotes is so much more than just a cryptocurrency, but an integrated business ecosystem -- we will be creating ourselves all the things that startups have created their own ICO token to fund, like exchanges, software, and trading marketplaces etc. We have gone one step further though, and produced things that are actually useful. Take for example the automated payment scripts that we released a couple days ago to showcase the experimental DNotes pay. Now merchants can automatically detect payment and distribute their digital products, without requiring any middlemen, and paying nearly nothing for the privilege of doing so.

The true value of DNotes once you take into account what we have produced compared to the market, and the utility our business properties are adding to the system, is likely double your estimate. So in the short-term the market does what it does, but in the long-term there is only one direction DNotes is heading.
You are so right buddy. I mined my 1st notes in 2014 and I'm steal here and I do believe it will be very expensive soon or later Wink
Activity: 88

Cherrs

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

That’s very exciting and thanks for the link to the press release. Will there be updates on the progress (for example - current running total for amounts raised?)

I will provide updates at the appropriate time. It typically takes a lot of ground-work and "hand-holding".  I do not want to build up false expectation or get ahead of "potential".  Be patience. This could take a few months of highly focused efforts.

For anyone in the community, just want to back this up. Having raised VC myself, I can say that it is a stressful, time-consuming, energy-sapping business activity.

Patience is absolutely the watchword. I don't envy the job Alan and team have ahead of them. Raising capital is just painstakingly not-fun.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Jump to: