Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 109. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 12
Now that DNotes is POS, it changes the game quite a bit. NOTE moves from the energy intensive camp to the efficient side where folks can make money supporting the network without hurting the environment to do it. Mining was an incredible invention when it appeared in Bitcoin but, it's time is limited now that more efficient ways to verify transactions like POS are becoming commonplace.

PoS is better way to grown crypto ecosystem without significant adverse impacts on global environment.
This sort of phase will help to make more sustainable blockchain operations.
It's good to know that DNotes changed to PoS.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Ok, so I'm about to take back what I said about liking Mercatox! Wallet is STILL down, my coins are still trapped doing nothing when they could be making interest. This is getting old!

Just venting...  Angry

Understand, it seems as though it's causing some negative pressure there as well. All we can do for now is open another ticket.

I'm right there with you, R-J-F. I have a significant amount of DNotes trapped on Mercatox that I really wish were in my wallet. This is day 5 of the wallet being down. My last withdrawal was on July 6.

I can't think of a reason for a wallet maintenance to take this long. The 2.0 block chain is not that big yet, so wouldn't take more than a few hours to download, and there was no mandatory wallet update handed down by the development team. I'm sure if they were having technical issues our devs would be more than happy to assist, but they haven't reached out. I've pestered them with plenty of support tickets and all they say is wait for us to post it on our news page.

It should go without saying that any kind of maintenance that lasts this long ought to be accompanied by very transparent at least daily progress reports.

Hate to say it but, seems like something other than "maintenance" may be going on. This is the kind of situation that hurts exchanges and strains the credibility of the system in general. If it were truly a wallet issue, what technical "issue" could be serious enough to keep a wallet out of service for 5 days especially with a comparatively short Blockchain? Seriously, I can't think of one.

Just like you, I have a rather large sum waiting there to go to my Vault and I don't mind saying it is making me nervous. So, we sit, we wait, some of us drink, others don't, and value drops but, I'll tell you what, I will be very leery of moving any sizable amount of coin through them in the future unless they can demonstrate, in some meaningful way, that this won't be a regular occurence.

Shame...

PS: Checked just now, a significant number of wallets appear to be in "Maintenance" Interesting, don't know if there is a correlation there but might help to understand what is going on...

DNotes & The Magic of Compound Interest: CRISP + Proof of Stake

https://dnotesedu.com/2018/07/dnotes-the-magic-of-compound-interest-crisp-proof-of-stake/
PoS phase to come for DNotes community.
Personally, I would prefer crypto projects which have PoS because I can earn passive income by staking my coins.

Now that DNotes is POS, it changes the game quite a bit. NOTE moves from the energy intensive camp to the efficient side where folks can make money supporting the network without hurting the environment to do it. Mining was an incredible invention when it appeared in Bitcoin but, it's time is limited now that more efficient ways to verify transactions like POS are becoming commonplace.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
What you think DNotes price will do?

Hi Regal408 and welcome to the forum.

It is difficult to predict where prices will be in the future, but I can make educated guesses as to the effects of progress and decisions made by the DNotes development team and business decisions by DNotes Global.

As it currently stands, most cryptocurrency price movements result from a few things:

1. Hype and excitement,
2. Development milestones (which indicate likelihood of a successful project),
3. Product usefulness,

Now hype and excitement have produced many crypto price rises -- normally resulting from paid firms shilling woefully underwhelming products as though they're going to be game-changing in some way. This has yet to be the case. While investors have manipulated markets and created 'excitement' over various currencies, these have normally only been to pump and dump the coin so they can sell for large profits. It is the oldest and most common trick in the crypto-trading handbook, and there are few exceptions. Price rises from hype and excitement are rarely for the long-term.

The good news is, is that hype and excitement tend to only affect projects in the shorter-term. As eventually development teams and marketing teams can only fool investors for so long. Development milestones of products that are *actually useful* area a true metric of product usefulness, that give investors greater utility for their investment. This is the only way that any intrinsic and lasting value is created for the currency, and is this type of value that DNotes have focused on creating. DNotes' world first automated payment scripts, invoicing systems, blockchain-interest to reward savers etc are example innovative milestones that make DNotes useful and appropriate for mass adoption.

When the fundamental value of a cryptocurrency network rises with new features, it is likely that the price will correct upwards to match the network's new value and utility.

DNotes is also supported by the activities of a profit-generating company, DNotes Global that aims to add real fundamental value to the ecosystem to make DNotes even more valuable. The company will build exchanges, a bank, debit card solutions, loan facilities and a range of other products that further make DNotes useful.

DNotes Global is in the process now of raising up to 5m USD for its first Reg D funding round, and will undertake later this year a Reg A+ M-IPO for up to 50m USD. These rounds of funding are going to rapidly increase the development of the DNotes currency and services / businesses that will be created for the DNotes ecosystem.

These funding rounds will also add to the intrinsic valuation of the DNotes ecosystem and DNotes' potential, and therefore will likely also be priced positively into the DNotes price.

All of these in combination will see DNotes rise significantly in value in the medium to long term with near certainty.
Been lurking bitcointalk since 2012 and never seen anything like dnotes. No cheap talk and no bullshit or tricks. Only people working together. More people working than complaining here  Shocked Badass shit y'all

Hi Wiley Coyote, and welcome to our forum.

We appreciate your comments greatly. We have pride ourselves for a long time on have a much more mature community, and engagement that is much more conducive to reaching milestones.

Over the last four and a half years we have consistently spoken the same message. We are sure in our values, principles, and what we will be setting out to achieve. The best part is that this forum (and our old one) are a historical clue as to everything that DNotes will be achieving going forward, and we meet every milestone we set for ourselves.

The first cryptocurrency suitable for mass adoption. Our Reg D financing round will put our funding level on an equal footing to the competition out there, and this will see our true competitive advantages in superior business operation and strategy really make us stand out from the rest.
Thanks for informative video, from which I known more about how to use DNotes Automatic Payments.
Demands on BTC has risen considerably recent days. It is one of early signal for future growth.
Analyst Tells CNBC Change Needed for Bitcoin Bulls to Return

https://dcebrief.com/analyst-tells-cnbc-change-needed-for-bitcoin-bulls-to-return/

Tim has been doing a great job on the videos, very informative and easy to follow.

Thank you very much -- we will have a bunch more videos releasing in line with our updates, particularly showing off the automated invoicing.

There will also be another one, perhaps two, production grade videos made to advertise our Reg D & wider milestones reached by DNotes.

Always open to hear suggestions for various topics to make videos on -- explanations, vlogs, tutorials etc.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
Ok, so I'm about to take back what I said about liking Mercatox! Wallet is STILL down, my coins are still trapped doing nothing when they could be making interest. This is getting old!

Just venting...  Angry

Understand, it seems as though it's causing some negative pressure there as well. All we can do for now is open another ticket.

I'm right there with you, R-J-F. I have a significant amount of DNotes trapped on Mercatox that I really wish were in my wallet. This is day 5 of the wallet being down. My last withdrawal was on July 6.

I can't think of a reason for a wallet maintenance to take this long. The 2.0 block chain is not that big yet, so wouldn't take more than a few hours to download, and there was no mandatory wallet update handed down by the development team. I'm sure if they were having technical issues our devs would be more than happy to assist, but they haven't reached out. I've pestered them with plenty of support tickets and all they say is wait for us to post it on our news page.

It should go without saying that any kind of maintenance that lasts this long ought to be accompanied by very transparent at least daily progress reports.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
What you think DNotes price will do?
Activity: 2
Been lurking bitcointalk since 2012 and never seen anything like dnotes. No cheap talk and no bullshit or tricks. Only people working together. More people working than complaining here  Shocked Badass shit y'all
Activity: 168
DNotes & The Magic of Compound Interest: CRISP + Proof of Stake

https://dnotesedu.com/2018/07/dnotes-the-magic-of-compound-interest-crisp-proof-of-stake/
PoS phase to come for DNotes community.
Personally, I would prefer crypto projects which have PoS because I can earn passive income by staking my coins.
Activity: 128
Thanks for informative video, from which I known more about how to use DNotes Automatic Payments.
Demands on BTC has risen considerably recent days. It is one of early signal for future growth.

https://dcebrief.com/analyst-tells-cnbc-change-needed-for-bitcoin-bulls-to-return/

Tim has been doing a great job on the videos, very informative and easy to follow.
Activity: 148

Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

Just venting...  Angry

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

Just venting...  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I would consider many cryptocurrency/token exchanges more similar in functionality to a bank, than a currency or securities exchange. As soon as an exchange engages in lending activities, I'm pretty sure that puts them into a different regulatory classification. Many financial institutions offer currency exchange services, but no currency exchange services can offer other financial instruments like financial institutions can.

Good point about the lending putting an institution into a whole other regulatory class. I guess if they are regulated more like a bank, then they could have the privileges of a bank as well, including acceptable levels of fractional reserve banking, etc.

Margin trading lending may be a special case, as it's directly to traders with the trading platform being the facilitator and taking their cut, so I'm not sure if that would trigger that banking regulatory class. That may be the reason why in the fiat world, the privilege of lending to margin traders is reserved for the brokerage houses and is not available to users. While I definitely want that to be above board and safe, I do like being able to participate in that opportunity with small amounts of funds.

If an exchange is just going to be an exchange, then I would say no to any fractional reserve schemes. They wouldn't be lending anyway, as that's what a bank does, except maybe to facilitate lending to margin traders.

It's amazing how much overlap there is. I think you're right, that cryptocurrency exchanges really are more like banks or other types of financial institutions. It makes sense to get the whole banking/financial services licenses in order to operate at full capacity. I'm glad DNotes Global is aiming to get all those licenses. It will be so much easier to deal with all things financial under one roof.
Jump to: