Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 170. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Please be sure to have your DNotes off of the exchanges before April 16th.

It is imperative that if you wish to participate in the swap for DNotes 2.0, now or in the future, that you remove your coins from the exchanges prior to April 16th. Leaving your coins on the exchange means that the exchange controls your coins, and not you. We will of course make every effort to help you swap your coins but we cannot make any guarantees that we can recover coins that are not in your control.

I just checked out Cryptopia. The following message was display:

Market Closing

NOTE/BTC market is closing, please cancel any open orders and withdraw your coins.

Please withdraw your DNotes from Cryptopia and any other exchange immediately if you have not done so. It must be done before April 16, 2018. Always remember, he who controls the wallet controls the coin. We can not help to swap your coin if you do not control the wallet.
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
Update: DNotesVault deposits for DNotes 2.0 and swap are updated, with very few exceptions, your swaps and deposits should now show up for any deposits made more than 24 hours ago.

Activity: 79
Merit: 0
That's ok. It's over now and time to move on and see where this ship is heading. Or shall i say Porsche. Thanks again for all the hard work and dedication you all are putting into the soon to be dynasty we call "DNotes"!!!
legendary
DNotes
I just sent an email to DNotes and am waiting for an answer about something crazy that just happened in my wallet after putting in that key earlier. I put it in and it immediately was sent somewhere and then I have a "received with" that perfectly equals another line that showed up with 1046.14 the key was worth 253.86 this equals 1300 notes. That show "received with" in the type box. But does not show up in my Dashboard as a total. So I am confused.
When I put the key in it never got logged in as received with. Just sent to. then the 1300 showed up, but not in my total. it still says 0. Crazy.

I just confused myself typing this. hahaha

No worries, The Chezzz. We will figure it out. Joe is at a meeting. He will look into to it later this evening.

Good to see that you have so much fun with DNotesEDU treasure hunt.

All right this is where we ended up on this crazy event.
1. found a key in the DNotesEDU Blockchain tab at the bottom of the page
2. Copied the key and went to my wallet and attempted to Receive my winnings Smiley
3. 253 DNotes went into my wallet and right back out into another wallet. What was left in my wallet was the history of 1300 DNotes which included the
    253 that was supposed to stay in my wallet. At least I think that was the intention of the key I found.
4. Contacted DNotes via email and it was worked on professionally by Joe. He investigated the situation and found the history of these DNotes in DNotes
    explorer.
5. I also found these DNotes by looking up the address in the explorer myself and learned that the address they came from is empty now (with the
    history of the 1300 DNotes right there) Then I looked up the other address it went to and found one deposit, You guessed it 253 DNotes,
6. After both of us finding this stuff Joe sent me this in an email and said I could share it with you:
It's not a glitch or anything bad. You simply imported a private key with a history of transactions that occurred on that address.

Scenario:
I deposit 1,300 DNotes into a address.
I remove all but 253 DNotes from that address.
I put that private key online for anyone to import into their wallet.
Someone imports that private key and sees all the history that occurred on the blockchain for that address. Including a deposit for 1,300, and a withdrawal for all but 253 DNotes.

Here is why you see this history:
All transactions happen on the blockchain, this shared ledger. Coins are moved from one address to another. All the wallet does is show the history of the blockchain, and transactions related to the address you assign to it.

7.  I thought it might have been a glitch, but I guess when the key was placed there it was accidentally placed with this information for me to find. I got excited and thought I won 1300 DNotes or at least 253. I guess that if it was meant for me to find in the DNotesEDU game with DNotes in it for me to win I would have got something. What I got was more than that "a good lesson". The DNotesEDU website teaches you even when you're having fun. Even though it was a painful lesson, it was a very informative one. Joe, Thank you for all your work and teaching me some good stuff today.

It is very interesting to see how a game like this can play out and how it demonstrates the inner workings of the blockchain and wallets.

In this case I think someone may have actually beat you to claiming those 253 DNotes. As far as I can tell, that was the amount of DNotes left in the wallet for someone to claim.

I just sent an email to DNotes and am waiting for an answer about something crazy that just happened in my wallet after putting in that key earlier. I put it in and it immediately was sent somewhere and then I have a "received with" that perfectly equals another line that showed up with 1046.14 the key was worth 253.86 this equals 1300 notes. That show "received with" in the type box. But does not show up in my Dashboard as a total. So I am confused.
When I put the key in it never got logged in as received with. Just sent to. then the 1300 showed up, but not in my total. it still says 0. Crazy.

No worries, The Chezzz. We will figure it out. Joe is at a meeting. He will look into to it later this evening.

All right this is where we ended up on this crazy event.
1. found a key in the DNotesEDU Blockchain tab at the bottom of the page
2. Copied the key and went to my wallet and attempted to Receive my winnings Smiley
3. 253 DNotes went into my wallet and right back out into another wallet. What was left in my wallet was the history of 1300 DNotes which included the
    253 that was supposed to stay in my wallet. At least I think that was the intention of the key I found.
4. Contacted DNotes via email and it was worked on professionally by Joe. He investigated the situation and found the history of these DNotes in DNotes
    explorer.
5. I also found these DNotes by looking up the address in the explorer myself and learned that the address they came from is empty now (with the
    history of the 1300 DNotes right there) Then I looked up the other address it went to and found one deposit, You guessed it 253 DNotes,
6. After both of us finding this stuff Joe sent me this in an email and said I could share it with you:
It's not a glitch or anything bad. You simply imported a private key with a history of transactions that occurred on that address.

Scenario:
I deposit 1,300 DNotes into a address.
I remove all but 253 DNotes from that address.
I put that private key online for anyone to import into their wallet.
Someone imports that private key and sees all the history that occurred on the blockchain for that address. Including a deposit for 1,300, and a withdrawal for all but 253 DNotes.

Here is why you see this history:
All transactions happen on the blockchain, this shared ledger. Coins are moved from one address to another. All the wallet does is show the history of the blockchain, and transactions related to the address you assign to it.

7.  I thought it might have been a glitch, but I guess when the key was placed there it was accidentally placed with this information for me to find. I got excited and thought I won 1300 DNotes or at least 253. I guess that if it was meant for me to find in the DNotesEDU game with DNotes in it for me to win I would have got something. What I got was more than that "a good lesson". The DNotesEDU website teaches you even when you're having fun. Even though it was a painful lesson, it was a very informative one. Joe, Thank you for all your work and teaching me some good stuff today.
legendary
DNotes
So, I have to say, BRAVO DNotes team! This is without a doubt the smoothest major coin update I have been involved in and I have been through many! The level of professionalism and knowledge here is impressive. As a part of DNotes for many years, I have come to expect a higher level of service and integrity and I'm proud to see nothing has changed. Great work everyone, you are setting the bar higher for others who undertake upgrades such as this.

Thanks RJF!

Greatly appreciate the feedback. We are certainly doing our best to make this a smooth transition for all DNotes stakeholders.

Quick question; I assume I can keep sending original DNotes up to the vault for conversion to 2.0 until the 16th correct?

Correct, up to the 16th. After that we will have to have a special process for handling them.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
So, I have to say, BRAVO DNotes team! This is without a doubt the smoothest major coin update I have been involved in and I have been through many! The level of professionalism and knowledge here is impressive. As a part of DNotes for many years, I have come to expect a higher level of service and integrity and I'm proud to see nothing has changed. Great work everyone, you are setting the bar higher for others who undertake upgrades such as this.

Thanks RJF!

Greatly appreciate the feedback. We are certainly doing our best to make this a smooth transition for all DNotes stakeholders.

Quick question; I assume I can keep sending original DNotes up to the vault for conversion to 2.0 until the 16th correct?
It is fun, but more informative than anything. I have learned so much and then i feel like i haven't learned anything sometimes because this monster Crypto-world)  is so big. HAHAHAHA Thanks for the help.

Sounds like you are having a blast. Back now from my meeting and responded to your emails. We will get it figured out.

I replied with my yahoo acct so you can see what i'm talking about. Thanks for your help.
Merit: 102
New Research Paper Argues that Crypto Is Compliant with Sharia Law

https://dcebrief.com/new-research-paper-argues-that-crypto-is-compliant-with-sharia-law/
legendary
DNotes
It is fun, but more informative than anything. I have learned so much and then i feel like i haven't learned anything sometimes because this monster Crypto-world)  is so big. HAHAHAHA Thanks for the help.

Sounds like you are having a blast. Back now from my meeting and responded to your emails. We will get it figured out.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Merit: 102
AUSTRAC Tasked with Regulating Digital Currency Exchanges in Australia

https://dcebrief.com/austrac-tasked-with-regulating-digital-currency-exchanges-in-australia/
Activity: 10

Hello, do you have some informations to give us about exchange, i'am sorry,  but Dnotes really sounds great , but for the moment we do not know anything about future...
it seems like cryptopia will delist it...after poloniex already did it some months ago..

if we can't sell or trade it...what the point ?

The price is always worst and worst, i am in from a long time... but when it trades around 230 sats on yobit...i just have some tears into my eyes..

Sorry for the poor english, i do my best : )

Hi karayo,

Your English is fine - I understand you perfectly.  Smiley

Cryptopia has delisted DNotes 1.0 at our request because of the transition to DNotes 2.0. Everyone has been advised to remove their coins from the exchanges or risk losing them (to the exchange). Poloniex, on the other hand was out of the blue and for no good reason - there were a lot of coins with less volume than ours. I'm sure the new ownership will bring a good sense of business with it, and be impressed with DNotes' uniqueness in the industry.

It is to be expected that there will be a drop in volume and price while DNotes is making the switch. We have to remember that the miners are still dumping DNotes on the market, but that will end in a few days as DNotes transitions to proof of stake.

There is a lot of work being done to get listed on different exchanges, and every request made by a community member to an exchange is one step closer to getting DNotes listed.

Smiley

Please be sure to have your DNotes off of the exchanges before April 16th.

It is imperative that if you wish to participate in the swap for DNotes 2.0, now or in the future, that you remove your coins from the exchanges prior to April 16th. Leaving your coins on the exchange means that the exchange controls your coins, and not you. We will of course make every effort to help you swap your coins but we cannot make any guarantees that we can recover coins that are not in your control.

I just checked out Cryptopia. The following message was display:

Market Closing

NOTE/BTC market is closing, please cancel any open orders and withdraw your coins.

Please withdraw your DNotes from Cryptopia and any other exchange immediately if you have not done so. It must be done before April 16, 2018. Always remember, he who controls the wallet controls the coin. We can not help to swap your coin if you do not control the wallet.

Thxs for your answer, i really like the all Dnote Project , still in offcourse , so just have to wait Wink
Already moved almost all my Dnotes, just have some in Yobit , maybe buy some more...

thx
I was doing some research today and ran across my 3rd Key!!! Thank you DNotes!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

I have a lot of respect for this woman for targeting only the bad, and offering support to the good.

"I’m really separating out the ICO space from the rest of the crypto community" - This is great news for legitimate projects like DNotes. The following are just a few of the Q/A from the interview:

The woman who led crypto policing in the US guesses what’s next for regulation

What’s your gut feeling at the moment on the future of crypto regulation?

In the last year there has been a lot of attention by the community on the ICO space, and I’m really separating out the ICO space from the rest of the crypto community. There’s a lot of news and attention around that, so you’re getting a lot of regulatory focus. Not just because it’s new, but because of the amount of money being raised.

People in the ICO space are just focused on the Securities Exchange Commission [SEC], but all along I’ve said more agencies than just the SEC are going to be involved in bringing actions against ICOs. I mean Treasury, Commodity Futures Trading Commission [CFTC], Justice Department, possibly the Federal Trade Commission and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and not to mention state attorneys general, or state regulators. And this is just in the US.

When you’re talking about the exchange space, we’ve already seen the SEC issue a kind of warning to the exchanges not to offer what the SEC deems are securities. I don’t think they just issued that warning and they’re not going to do anything. I think they’re going to look and see: We issued this guidance and who didn’t follow it?

Things typically don’t end well for the people opposing the government. We saw this early on with FinCen [the US Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network] in 2013, when it issued the first guidance of any US regulator. It was saying virtual currency must follow things like the Bank Secrecy Act, or register with FinCen. They didn’t go immediately and do a bunch of enforcement actions. They waited to see who wasn’t following that guidance and they started bringing that action.

What entities are in the government’s cross-hairs?

From my time in government I happen to know, and I can’t comment on those publicly. We’ve already seen that the DOJ and SEC are looking at exchanges. DOJ did the prosecution of BTC-e. They did a joint action with Treasury. Treasury assessed a $110 million penalty and DOJ criminally indicted that entity.

We have also seen the SEC issue that statement warning exchanges. I think one could draw inferences that the government is looking to exchanges. But they’re not just looking to exchanges.

What are the other regulatory hotspots?

I think a regulatory hotspot is ICOs. I think that’s where we’re going to see the regulatory action. Factors that the government will typically, but not exclusively look to: They would look to size; how much money was raised? Whether there was any product already built; did investors lose money? And atmospherics: We’ve seen a lot of investigative reporting. Regulators also read the news. Are any ICOs getting a lot of negative publicity? Those are four things. A fifth thing is, where are they located? Where is the product the ICO produces located? Where are the people who invested located? Here is where I make my point about extra-territoriality: Just because something is not headquartered in the US doesn’t mean they won’t look at it. The DOJ and FBI have more ability to bring cases outside their jurisdiction. The SEC is by and large all in the United States.

Another hotspot will be cases of pure fraud. You’re not going to get creative or stretch the law at all. Will this be brought under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act? I think not. I think it’s just traditional cases of wire fraud that are going on. Clear-cut cases of fraud is another area we will see some regulatory action.

The SEC chairman has named “gatekeepers” such as lawyers among the bad actors in ICOs. Will any high-profile lawyers or other big firms who advise on ICOs get caught up in regulatory actions?

I had the occasion to meet with [SEC chairman] Jay Clayton at Stanford recently. He reiterated the point about the gatekeepers failing, and he got quite a bit of pushback on that. I can’t really speculate, but I think something is definitely in the works there, from his comments.

That said, I’d be pretty surprised if it were some of the big—these are your words—firms. But I don’t know.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/woman-led-crypto-policing-us-080014217.html
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Filmed a casual video to talk about DCEBrief and how it benefits DNotes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgbRv2TZpbk&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Tim! Great job on the video!

Agreed! It does a great job at explaining the DNotes / DCEBrief connection and benefits!
legendary
DNotes

Thanks RJF!

Jump to: