Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 168. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
I've sent some of my DNotes Vault balance to a staking desktop wallet. I've been observing the staking behavior and have a few questions.

1. Does greater coin age increase the probability of that pile staking? I have two basic pile sizes. On the smaller end, those piles have not staked yet (wallet has been staking for just a few days). On the larger end, those piles have staked twice within a few hours of being deposited. So I'm wondering if the smaller piles gain weight as time goes on, or if it's just a pure lottery where odds of staking are a function only of pile size. Bottom line: it's clear pile size matters. Does pile age matter?

2. I see that when a pile stakes, it is split into two basically equal size piles. Is there an ideal pile size for staking? If so, will the wallet automatically maintain that pile size once reached, or would the user have to periodically manually consolidate piles to keep the odds of staking ideal?

3. This is more of a feature request, but record keeping would be made so much easier if the wallet transaction page had an "export to CSV" function.

4. When I hover over the activated staking indicator (green arrow), there is this message that says "your weight is xxx (equal to wallet balance), network weight is yyyy (something much larger)..." What exactly do those numbers mean? It seems to me that the network weight is a number far greater than the entire DNotes supply, yet my weight so far is just my coin balance.

5. What are the basic staking parameters for DNotes? How are things like coin balance, pile size, coin age (if applicable), desired APY, etc. all put together into the formula that governs staking?

I don't remember a part in the white paper that explains all this, and my questions are pretty technical. I've worked with a number of staking wallets to date and I'm trying to figure out how this one works.

Thanks!

For the staking related questions, one thing I want to clarify first. What are you reporting for your network weight?

3: There is! Click on File > Export from the transactions tab.

The reason I ask is.. your weight and the network weight should be the amount of coins currently staking and staking in total on the network. I'm reporting roughly 50 million staking on the network at a given time, which is 1/3 of the network or what I would expect.

I will go back to my team to verify but it should not matter the age or pile / input size. The size of the inputs and reaching maturity could be a factor, but I will verify.
legendary
DNotes
We are projecting at this point that there will be 20 million DNotes unaccounted for after April 16th.

The swap process will extend beyond April 16th a few days to get everything in and swapped. There will be some 'in progress' withdrawals, among other issues to deal with, shortly after the 16th. Once that is all cleared up, we will have a separate process for post April 16th swaps and the first batch of post April 16th swaps will be handled on May 16th.

The May 16th date is to ensure work is streamlined / batched together and we can focus on the next most important tasks and development. I can assure everyone we will handle each case with the best interest of not only the individual stakeholder we are working with but also the best interest of DNotes stakeholders as a whole.

legendary
DNotes
I've sent some of my DNotes Vault balance to a staking desktop wallet. I've been observing the staking behavior and have a few questions.

1. Does greater coin age increase the probability of that pile staking? I have two basic pile sizes. On the smaller end, those piles have not staked yet (wallet has been staking for just a few days). On the larger end, those piles have staked twice within a few hours of being deposited. So I'm wondering if the smaller piles gain weight as time goes on, or if it's just a pure lottery where odds of staking are a function only of pile size. Bottom line: it's clear pile size matters. Does pile age matter?

2. I see that when a pile stakes, it is split into two basically equal size piles. Is there an ideal pile size for staking? If so, will the wallet automatically maintain that pile size once reached, or would the user have to periodically manually consolidate piles to keep the odds of staking ideal?

3. This is more of a feature request, but record keeping would be made so much easier if the wallet transaction page had an "export to CSV" function.

4. When I hover over the activated staking indicator (green arrow), there is this message that says "your weight is xxx (equal to wallet balance), network weight is yyyy (something much larger)..." What exactly do those numbers mean? It seems to me that the network weight is a number far greater than the entire DNotes supply, yet my weight so far is just my coin balance.

5. What are the basic staking parameters for DNotes? How are things like coin balance, pile size, coin age (if applicable), desired APY, etc. all put together into the formula that governs staking?

I don't remember a part in the white paper that explains all this, and my questions are pretty technical. I've worked with a number of staking wallets to date and I'm trying to figure out how this one works.

Thanks!

For the staking related questions, one thing I want to clarify first. What are you reporting for your network weight?

3: There is! Click on File > Export from the transactions tab.

legendary
DNotes
I also want to say this. I missed out on swapping 1.5 mill whitecoins because I was overseas. It was alot of money I lost out on. So please respect your early adopters and have a grace period. Not everyone is capable of following, and they should not lose out as I did.  I do like a good coin burn, but be careful of who actually gets burned.

We are doing everything we can to ensure late comers can still swap. The biggest challenge will be for those who don't own their DNotes in their own wallet by the 16th. The process for post April 16th swaps will be lengthy and cumbersome as well, so we are hoping to have mostly everyone taken care of by the 16th.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

Thanks!
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I also want to say this. I missed out on swapping 1.5 mill whitecoins because I was overseas. It was alot of money I lost out on. So please respect your early adopters and have a grace period. Not everyone is capable of following, and they should not lose out as I did.  I do like a good coin burn, but be careful of who actually gets burned.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
Been on board ever since you announced that partnership with Geneca a few months ago,, what can I say – promising project, solid work all around, great team. What more could you possibly want from an ICO?

I have been also. Love the communication and the knowledge from the team. This has to be one of the most undervalued coins at the moment.  Wink

Thank you vujk!

We appreciate your trust and confidence in our team, vujk. You are correct that DNotes is one of the most undervalued coins. Perhaps it will not remain that way for too much longer.
Activity: 48
Been on board ever since you announced that partnership with Geneca a few months ago,, what can I say – promising project, solid work all around, great team. What more could you possibly want from an ICO?

I have been also. Love the communication and the knowledge from the team. This has to be one of the most undervalued coins at the moment.  Wink
legendary
DNotes

Thanks yalla2012, however we are not an ICO.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Lafayette Mayor-President Wants City-Parish to Create Its Own Cryptocurrency

https://dcebrief.com/lafayette-mayor-president-wants-city-parish-to-create-its-own-cryptocurrency/
legendary
DNotes
If I remove Dnotes from cryptopoia, where should I put them..Help. Thanks

Hi kevmon, login to your DNotesVault.com account.
Click on the HISTORIC tab at the top of the page.
If you don't have any addresses listed here, click CREATE ADDRESS.
You can send your Cryptopia DNotes to any address listed in the HISTORIC page, the addresses begin with a "D".

If you need any help or have any questions, please let us know.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
If I remove Dnotes from cryptopoia, where should I put them..Help. Thanks
legendary
DNotes
Hello there i have a problem whit one transaction  i send my dnotes to dnotes valt few days ago but they desapeart. Help me please. It was from my Cryptopia adres. Cry
That is the adres  that I send from my cryptopia acount *removed*

Hi MECHETO, I checked your account and I do see your coins have been sent. They show up in your "HISTORIC" tab in your DNotesVault. Within a few days we will take care of the next step for you and swap your DNotes to DNotes 2.0.

Thank you very much thats why i do beleve in Dnotes because of the team and imedyatly reaction!
p.s Sorry for my silly English. We wayting so long time now maybe this time will com. Im from 2014 here ")

We understand you perfectly fine Smiley

Appreciate your support MECHETO! I know you have been with us for a long time.
Activity: 88
Hello there i have a problem whit one transaction  i send my dnotes to dnotes valt few days ago but they desapeart. Help me please. It was from my Cryptopia adres. Cry

Hi MECHETO, I checked your account and I do see your coins have been sent. They show up in your "HISTORIC" tab in your DNotesVault. Within a few days we will take care of the next step for you and swap your DNotes to DNotes 2.0.

Thank you very much thats why i do beleve in Dnotes because of the team and imedyatly reaction!
p.s Sorry for my silly English. We wayting so long time now maybe this time will com. Im from 2014 here ")
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes

Activity: 88
That is the adres  that I send from my cryptopia acount DYnGcnayvKwLtZGDeoWTkYwkNFWCd7cLh
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

The best! Great job Tim.

Unfortunately for investors, it appears the floodgates have opened and the fallout could be swift and painful.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Jump to: