Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 175. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I have another picky question about cold staking (when it's available): Let's say I have DNotes stored on ten different addresses and I want all the funds to be cold staking and I want the rewards to always go back to the originating address. Do I need to set up one cold staking address for each fundholding address, or could I defer staking of all ten fundholding addresses to a single staking address and still expect the rewards to be directed back to the original addresses?

And another picky question: Is there a minimum balance required to be eligible for CRISP rewards?

No worries, keep them coming. They are great questions.

You will need to defer your staking privileges for each account individually. Ideally it would all be to one address, it seems like it will be absolutely possible, but I do not want to give a definitive answer until we can test it.

No minimum on CRISP as of now, but it is possible there will be one in the future. Mostly due to the volume of addresses it has to process, and resulting transactions, each round of CRISP payments. That is more of a scaling issue that we haven't fully tackled as of yet.

I sure will. Here is one more. Are withdrawals from DNotes Vault accounts still being manually processed? I'm trying to send some DNotes to my desktop wallet and in the history it says "pending release date." As far as I know I asked for a normal withdrawal.

Yep, that is correct. All withdrawals are manually processed with manual verification utilizing offline processing.

Right now, there is more manual processing of everything at the DNotesVault as we continue to work through everything and keep a close eye to ensure there are no issues with the swap process or new nack end connections.

That makes sense to be super vigilant about everything in the early stages. About how long does it usually take for a withdrawal to be processed? I will have a few more as I'm testing the wallet, trying out different things.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
I have another picky question about cold staking (when it's available): Let's say I have DNotes stored on ten different addresses and I want all the funds to be cold staking and I want the rewards to always go back to the originating address. Do I need to set up one cold staking address for each fundholding address, or could I defer staking of all ten fundholding addresses to a single staking address and still expect the rewards to be directed back to the original addresses?

And another picky question: Is there a minimum balance required to be eligible for CRISP rewards?

You will need to defer your staking privileges for each account individually. Ideally it would all be to one address, it seems like it will be absolutely possible, but I do not want to give a definitive answer until we can test it.

No minimum on CRISP as of now, but it is possible there will be one in the future. Mostly due to the volume of addresses it has to process, and resulting transactions, each round of CRISP payments. That is more of a scaling issue that we haven't fully tackled as of yet.

I sure will. Here is one more. Are withdrawals from DNotes Vault accounts still being manually processed? I'm trying to send some DNotes to my desktop wallet and in the history it says "pending release date." As far as I know I asked for a normal withdrawal.

Yep, that is correct. All withdrawals are manually processed with manual verification utilizing offline processing.

Right now, there is more manual processing of everything at the DNotesVault as we continue to work through everything and keep a close eye to ensure there are no issues with the swap process or new nack end connections.
legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
An Overview of High Performance Blockchain – Scaling the Blockchain with Hardware

https://dcebrief.com/an-overview-of-high-performance-blockchain-scaling-the-blockchain-with-hardware/
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Coinsquare, a Canadian cryptocurrency exchange has launched this T.V. ad in an effort to build its customer base before September's IPO. I love the ending! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iipb_DvFv4

Canadian Crypto Exchange Coinsquare Launches TV Ad Campaign Ahead of September IPO - https://www.ccn.com/coinsquare-launches-tv-ad-campaign-ahead-of-september-ipo/
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
Update: Cryptopia has notified its users of the coin swap and has begun the delisting process.

so are dnote losing cryptopia or they will list dnote again ?

Hi lxxtikk, we do not have a definitive answer as of yet from Cryptopia. However we have submitted all the necessary paperwork and information for relisting. I will let everyone know when we have an answer for sure.
legendary
DNotes

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Update: Cryptopia has notified its users of the coin swap and has begun the delisting process.

so are dnote losing cryptopia or they will list dnote again ?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
May I respectfully ask how many of you know the difference between an “ICO” and a Reg. A+ Mini-IPO? Don’t feel embarrassed if you don’t know.  Many professionals, and VC guys, who should know, are clueless. That will continue to hunt our industry – perpetuate bad advice and misinformation while charging their clients for a lot of money.

As they are currently structured ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) cannot and have not been registered with the SEC or in compliance with state blue-sky laws. The sale of securities that is not registered or exempt with the SEC is illegal.  However, it is perfectly legal to limit the investment to only accredited investors with a filing of a private placement memorandum, like Reg. D 506 (c) with the SEC. But by itself, that limits the number of participating investors, not enough, if the objective is to launch a coin with massive participation to get it listed on an exchange and get the price to the moon.  I am beginning to take notice of a second wave of ICOs taking place using this combination. To me the legal exposure remains. And, I agree with the author that, “much of the ICO activity in the US was completed in total disregard to existing securities law.”

“Feit says Reg A+ may be the solution that ICO issuers need but, again, this securities exemption is not without certain requirements that take both time and money.”

In contrast to ICO, Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Title IV Tier 2 of the JOBS Act is a “Qualified” exemption with the SEC to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide with general advertising. However, it is very time consuming and expensive and no funding can be excepted until the filing is “Qualified” by the SEC.

In our case, it involves the sale of DNotes Global, Inc. common shares. It does not involve any DNotes. It is important to keep DNotes as a digital currency token that has never been sold as a “security” or participated in any ICOs.

Investor can invest in one or both of our projects and still get the benefits of our cross ownership. We are often unique because we are willing to bear the cost and take the time to do the right thing.

Ryan Feit from SeedInvest: Crypto Securities Regulation 101

During the 2018 LendIt Fintech conference in San Francisco this week, SeedInvest CEO Ryan Feit delivered a presentation on the current state of securities regulations in regards to initial coin offerings (ICOs).

Until recently, much of the ICO activity in the US was completed in total disregard to existing securities law. Comments emanating from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) clarified their view that pretty much all ICOs were securities and needed to file for an appropriate securities exemptions. One of the most compelling aspects of tokens issued during an ICO is the fact that typically soon after the minting of these digital coins they could be traded on a crypto-exchange thus creating immediate liquidity. This creates another significant hurdle for issuers who want to remain compliant in the eyes of the SEC (and CFTC) as the exchanges are not regulated and these tokens are being viewed as securities.

Feit, who has been in the securities crowdfunding space for some years now, points to two of the biggest challenges in the ICO market;
“The biggest challenge to launching successful token offerings in a regulated environment will be secondary market liquidity,” said Ryan Feit, CEO & Co-Founder of SeedInvest.  “The crypto community is going to need to figure out a number of securities issues that nobody is talking about such as Blue Sky and 12(g).”

The 12(g) rule has to do with a severe limit on the number of token holders of record and a trip wire on assets above $10 million. If you trigger 12(g) the SEC expects you to become a reporting company like companies traded on public exchanges. That is a problem.
Blue Sky references the need to kiss the ring of every single state regulator before you trade securities on an exchange.  Feit says Reg A+ may be the solution that ICO issuers need but, again, this securities exemption is not without certain requirements that take both time and money.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/04/131732-ryan-feit-from-seedinvest-crypto-securities-regulation-101/

Great article Dyna! Thank you for pointing out the difference.

You are very welcome, Amadeus82. It is important for all of us to help educate others so that the can not be so easily scammed.

I have no doubt that DNotes will be successful as long as we stay on the right path and keep making good progress.  Thanks for your support.

legendary
Another terrific book review by BuyBookPro, a popular book review site with over 250,000 visitors.

The book is one of our strategic building blocks that cannot be easily replicated by our competitors. Take notice that the book links DNotes and everything that we do into one package giving us maximum synergistic impact. Its exposure is already reaching millions of people beyond our industry. There are many interviews, articles, and book reviews scheduled for the coming weeks and months.

We do not just talk about mass adoption of DNotes. Instead, we have clearly defined our strategic path to realizing the vision. Do the right thing, the right way – everything else will fall in place.

Book Review: ‘Improve Your Odds: The Four Pillar of Business Success,’ by Alan Yong

“Recently, DNotes Global, Inc., an ambitious contender in the digital currency arena, announced it’s releasing DNotes 2.0, an upgraded version of the currency it developed in 2014. In four short years, this company dedicated to making cryptocurrency accessible to all has grown up. Its co-founder, Alan Yong, has directed a steady and consistent course since the firm’s onset — and the strategy has gained a solid footing in this tricky new field. Now Yong has consolidated his formidable business acumen into his book, Improve Your Odds: The Four Pillars of Business Success.

Yong has a fascinating backstory: he’s a natural entrepreneur with a deeply innovative streak. Back in the early 90s, he was responsible for the DTR — the world’s first personal tablet computer. His firm, Dauphin, was contracted by the Pentagon and had a manufacturing agreement with IBM. And he was also involved in flower: he created one of the largest daylily growing operations in the US. He’s no dreamer, though: as he notes in this revealing and insightful book. He’s had his fair share of failures as well as successes and has learned from them all.  

The key to business success is not some wild stroke of luck, but focusing on four basics, according to Yong. Unlike many business guides that promise a whole new system and require a complex new lexicon to understand it, Yong’s four pillars make classic practical sense. First, leaders have to focus on themselves and make sure they’re up to the job. Then they have to make sure their ideas are sound and innovative enough to rise above the fray. Next comes the people — since no organization can be good without a core team as well as all employees who are productive, engaged, and aligned with business objectives. And finally, in a very clear case of last but not least, never forget the customers. No matter how amazing your business idea may be, no matter how sleek the new product or service, if the customers don’t want it, you’re sunk.” ………..

“This is a highly useful book. Its author has taken the time and energy to write out his business strategies not out of a need to gratify his own sense of importance, but as a way to help others understand how to handle the pressures and stresses of entrepreneurship. Why? For one simple reason: you can’t have a healthy economy if you don’t have healthy contenders, and if they don’t all seem to understand the keys behind staying alive, Yong is happy to help. The health of any economy depends on the health of its participants — and certainly, we’re going to see how that plays out in years to come, as DNotes and its compatriots reshape our concept and use of money. In keeping with DNotes’ commitment to digital currency for all, Improve Your Odds is a primer on smarter leadership for all. We need more books like this — or maybe we just need this one.”
Read more: http://www.buybookspro.com/book-it/book-review-improve-your-odds-the-four-pillar-of-business-success-by-alan-yong/
legendary
A new deposit to an address won't affect the existing coins eligibility to be included in the next CRISP reward.

The newly deposited coins just won't be eligible for the reward until they have been in that address for a full CRISP cycle.

Thanks. That is what I thought.

Wiser, I am impressed that you always asked great questions. We make great efforts to see to it that things are as simple as possible to the users. Despite that it is not always easy for everyone to understand. We will continue to push for improvement and appreciate your contribution to help us get better.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy to help. I will be more than happy to write up a tutorial or two on straight staking and when applicable, cold staking, once I get some experience with it under my belt. I'm planning to get one of my wallets set up today to play around with it.
legendary
May I respectfully ask how many of you know the difference between an “ICO” and a Reg. A+ Mini-IPO? Don’t feel embarrassed if you don’t know.  Many professionals, and VC guys, who should know, are clueless. That will continue to hunt our industry – perpetuate bad advice and misinformation while charging their clients for a lot of money.

As they are currently structured ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) cannot and have not been registered with the SEC or in compliance with state blue-sky laws. The sale of securities that is not registered or exempt with the SEC is illegal.  However, it is perfectly legal to limit the investment to only accredited investors with a filing of a private placement memorandum, like Reg. D 506 (c) with the SEC. But by itself, that limits the number of participating investors, not enough, if the objective is to launch a coin with massive participation to get it listed on an exchange and get the price to the moon.  I am beginning to take notice of a second wave of ICOs taking place using this combination. To me the legal exposure remains. And, I agree with the author that, “much of the ICO activity in the US was completed in total disregard to existing securities law.”

“Feit says Reg A+ may be the solution that ICO issuers need but, again, this securities exemption is not without certain requirements that take both time and money.”

In contrast to ICO, Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Title IV Tier 2 of the JOBS Act is a “Qualified” exemption with the SEC to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide with general advertising. However, it is very time consuming and expensive and no funding can be excepted until the filing is “Qualified” by the SEC.

In our case, it involves the sale of DNotes Global, Inc. common shares. It does not involve any DNotes. It is important to keep DNotes as a digital currency token that has never been sold as a “security” or participated in any ICOs.

Investor can invest in one or both of our projects and still get the benefits of our cross ownership. We are often unique because we are willing to bear the cost and take the time to do the right thing.

Ryan Feit from SeedInvest: Crypto Securities Regulation 101

During the 2018 LendIt Fintech conference in San Francisco this week, SeedInvest CEO Ryan Feit delivered a presentation on the current state of securities regulations in regards to initial coin offerings (ICOs).

Until recently, much of the ICO activity in the US was completed in total disregard to existing securities law. Comments emanating from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) clarified their view that pretty much all ICOs were securities and needed to file for an appropriate securities exemptions. One of the most compelling aspects of tokens issued during an ICO is the fact that typically soon after the minting of these digital coins they could be traded on a crypto-exchange thus creating immediate liquidity. This creates another significant hurdle for issuers who want to remain compliant in the eyes of the SEC (and CFTC) as the exchanges are not regulated and these tokens are being viewed as securities.

Feit, who has been in the securities crowdfunding space for some years now, points to two of the biggest challenges in the ICO market;
“The biggest challenge to launching successful token offerings in a regulated environment will be secondary market liquidity,” said Ryan Feit, CEO & Co-Founder of SeedInvest.  “The crypto community is going to need to figure out a number of securities issues that nobody is talking about such as Blue Sky and 12(g).”

The 12(g) rule has to do with a severe limit on the number of token holders of record and a trip wire on assets above $10 million. If you trigger 12(g) the SEC expects you to become a reporting company like companies traded on public exchanges. That is a problem.
Blue Sky references the need to kiss the ring of every single state regulator before you trade securities on an exchange.  Feit says Reg A+ may be the solution that ICO issuers need but, again, this securities exemption is not without certain requirements that take both time and money.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/04/131732-ryan-feit-from-seedinvest-crypto-securities-regulation-101/
legendary
DNotes
this is temporary just time to switch dnot by 2.0 ? or definetivly ?
By the way do you plain to be on another exchange

The soft deadline is 4/16/2018. However, we will make arrangements for swaps anytime after, it just may be a difficult process.

We are working very hard to getting DNotes 2.0 listed on new exchanges.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
this is temporary just time to switch dnot by 2.0 ? or definetivly ?
By the way do you plain to be on another exchange
legendary
DNotes
i receive an email from cryptopia saying Dnotes is delisted from cryptopia , is it true ?

Hi karayo, yes that is true. We are working on a 1:1 coin swap for DNotes 2.0. If you need any help, just let us know.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
i receive an email from cryptopia saying Dnotes is delisted from cryptopia , is it true ?
legendary
DNotes
I really like how developers are constantly active on this forum and are supporting the community. Great work guys  Cool

I have noticed that price of DNotes started to decline, my guess would be that happened mainly because delisting, prior to swapping to 2.0 on exchanges?  Smiley Hopefully soon more people will realise great potential of this coin and the team behind it. Also it would be nice to finally again see some upward movement in the crypto in general  Cheesy

And one more question about CRISP reward. If I have let's say (for easier explanation) 100 coins in my DNotes vault and in the middle of the monthly CRISP period I add 10 more, then CRISP reward will be still for 100 coins that month and the next month for 110?

Appreciate it Amadeus82, that is correct. The coins have to be in the address for full 30 days of the CRISP period. If you deposit in the middle of a CRISP period, you will have to wait for the next full CRISP period and subsequent CRISP payout for CRISP reward on that address.

Just to clarify, a deposit won't make the address eligible for the CRISP reward. However, the amount recently deposited won't be involved in the reward calculation until the next full CRISP period. Is this correct?

A new deposit to an address won't affect the existing coins eligibility to be included in the next CRISP reward.

The newly deposited coins just won't be eligible for the reward until they have been in that address for a full CRISP cycle.
legendary
I really like how developers are constantly active on this forum and are supporting the community. Great work guys  Cool

I have noticed that price of DNotes started to decline, my guess would be that happened mainly because delisting, prior to swapping to 2.0 on exchanges?  Smiley Hopefully soon more people will realise great potential of this coin and the team behind it. Also it would be nice to finally again see some upward movement in the crypto in general  Cheesy

And one more question about CRISP reward. If I have let's say (for easier explanation) 100 coins in my DNotes vault and in the middle of the monthly CRISP period I add 10 more, then CRISP reward will be still for 100 coins that month and the next month for 110?

Appreciate it Amadeus82, that is correct. The coins have to be in the address for full 30 days of the CRISP period. If you deposit in the middle of a CRISP period, you will have to wait for the next full CRISP period and subsequent CRISP payout for CRISP reward on that address.

Just to clarify, a deposit won't make the address eligible for the CRISP reward. However, the amount recently deposited won't be involved in the reward calculation until the next full CRISP period. Is this correct?
Jump to: