Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 177. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Thanks Joe (DNotes), you answered all my questions except one: when does the first period for CRISP reward eligibility start and end?

Oh, my fault. First I'd like to mention, virtually no one will receive the first payout for CRISP.

You must have your coins at your address by block 43,200 (cut off), and remain at that address until block 86,400 (cut off 30 days after), and that CRISP payment will be made starting at block 96480 (1 week later).
Every 30 days or 43,200 blocks will begin a new CRISP period.
1 week after the CRISP period, or 10,080 blocks later, that CRISP reward will start paying out.

What are the approximate dates of those blocks being found? Where is the DNotes block explorer?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/note/

April 27 - Ends first CRISP period.
May 4 - Payout starts.
May 27 - Ends second CRISP period
June 3 - Payout starts

Roughly.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
Thanks Joe (DNotes), you answered all my questions except one: when does the first period for CRISP reward eligibility start and end?

Oh, my fault. First I'd like to mention, virtually no one will receive the first payout for CRISP.

You must have your coins at your address by block 43,200 (cut off), and remain at that address until block 86,400 (cut off 30 days after), and that CRISP payment will be made starting at block 96480 (1 week later).
1 week after the CRISP period, or 10,080 blocks later, that CRISP reward will start paying out.

What are the approximate dates of those blocks being found? Where is the DNotes block explorer?
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
@DNotes

Well,I've just checked my DNotesVault account and not found the CRISP related tabs  Shocked
Are they not ready yet? And what did happen to the previously opened CRISP accounts? Should they be renewed by the holders?

Hi Yefet,

Yes that is correct. The CRISP related tabs are removed, as CRISP is now a function of the blockchain.

Your previous CRISP accounts and addresses, are now moved over to the dashbaord to operate as normal DNotesVault accounts (and unlocked).

legendary
DNotes

legendary
Activity: 643
Merit: 501
Crypto Mentat
@DNotes

Well,I've just checked my DNotesVault account and not found the CRISP related tabs  Shocked
Are they not ready yet? And what did happen to the previously opened CRISP accounts? Should they be renewed by the holders?
legendary
DNotes
Exchange Update: Cryptopia is working very hard to get the process started today.
legendary
DNotes

I mean staking automatically on DNotesVault and users do not need to run their own wallets. Possible in the future?

I would have to vote against this. A widely decentralized network of nodes is vital to DNotes' security, so we need to provide additional incentive for node operators. Cold Staking from DNotesVault will allow people to keep their DNotes safely offline while earning an extra staking reward for providing the service of running a node and validating blocks.

Agreed, once we can push out cold staking there will be a huge benefit to users, while simultaneously keeping them safe and supporting the network. There is always a trade off between security, ease of use, and functionality. Cold staking is the best option for the near term.
legendary
DNotes

Thanks so much for posting the FAQs about DNotes 2.0.

Before I invest heavily in a lot of math... does anyone happen to know off hand: is it currently more profitable to download the wallet, transfer all DNotes balances to wallet and begin staking? Or, is it just as profitable to leave it in DNotes Vault as CRISP accounts?

I do understand about the risks with staking on your own computer, so no need to address that. I'm just interested in the hard profitability numbers. If someone has already figured this out, I'd love to know. Otherwise, I'll run the calculations and post it Smiley

As I understand it, CRISP is associated with an wallet address (QT or vault...30 day hold).  So, staking would be in addition to.?  The math I'm trying to do is staking weight v. network weight.  Am I correct with this assumption?

That would sure be good to know. Can you have a CRISP outside of the DNotes Vault simply by not touching your balance?

Depending on how the staking actually works and is logged, a staking incident could register as a withdrawal. In other wallets I've worked with, it registers as a withdrawal, then a deposit (where the deposit includes the original balance and staking reward). If that's how DNotes wallet logs it, then I would think only nonstaking wallets or DNotes Vault wallets would be eligible for CRISP rewards.

Joe, can you shed some light?

So it looks like the "math" on figuring out staking vs. CRISP was way easier than I thought.

Staking is 2% annually if 100% of all coins are staking, which is highly unlikely. 50% of the coins staking at any one time is much more likely, and that would yield a return of 4% annually for those staking coins.

Q: How do I earn the interest reward?
A: Our Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) payouts occur approximately once per month. All coins that haven’t moved address during that month period will accrue a 0.5% interest, which compounds to roughly 6.17% per annum. If you move your coins during that time, those coins will not receive the interest for that month.

With CRISP, you get 6.17% annual return. To be able to beat that with POS you'd have to gamble on only roughly 1/3 of the total coins in circulation staking, which could happen. I'd have to do some research on other POS coins to see what percentage of their coins are typically held for staking, and I will try to pay attention to what DNotes' stats on that are as they develop.

The drawback of going the CRISP route is that you basically can't move your coins ever in order to get those rewards, whereas with staking you can move coins any time you want and still get staking rewards on the remaining ones. SMART Cash coin has a similar program in which as long as you don't touch your balance, you get monthly staking rewards, but if you make a single withdrawal, then you lose out on the next round of rewards for that address.

In the end, the question for me is the one Denver Dan brought up, which is: is it technically feasible to do both? Can I send coins to a wallet address and stake them for that 2%, and *also* collect the CRISP reward if I don't move the balance? Or do I have to choose one?

Finally, if the CRISP rewards are so much better than regular staking rewards, then how is is sustainable? Where are the reward coins for CRISP coming from?

Another final question: When does the next period of "don't move your balance if you want the next CRISP reward" begin? Has it already begun? Or does it start sometime in the near future?

I just logged into my DNotes Vault account for the first time since the swap and I'm wanting to make the best decision about what to do with the coins currently held there.

That is correct CRISP is paid out of the blockchain and based on address. So staking only adds to the amount of coins you can receive.

Staking transactions are specifically designed to allow CRISP to identify a staking payment, and not interfere with CRISP payments.

You can chose both, I would just recommend starting off slowly. Make sure you have a good understanding of what is needed to backup and protect your wallet.

This is a good place to start:
https://dcebrief.com/protecting-your-cryptocurrency-what-is-the-best-bitcoin-wallet-for-you/

Use offline procedures where possible, especially during the creation and encryption of your wallet. Don't enter your password online where possible.
legendary
DNotes

Before I invest heavily in a lot of math... does anyone happen to know off hand: is it currently more profitable to download the wallet, transfer all DNotes balances to wallet and begin staking? Or, is it just as profitable to leave it in DNotes Vault as CRISP accounts?

I do understand about the risks with staking on your own computer, so no need to address that. I'm just interested in the hard profitability numbers. If someone has already figured this out, I'd love to know. Otherwise, I'll run the calculations and post it Smiley

As I understand it, CRISP is associated with an wallet address (QT or vault...30 day hold).  So, staking would be in addition to.?  The math I'm trying to do is staking weight v. network weight.  Am I correct with this assumption?

That would sure be good to know. Can you have a CRISP outside of the DNotes Vault simply by not touching your balance?

Depending on how the staking actually works and is logged, a staking incident could register as a withdrawal. In other wallets I've worked with, it registers as a withdrawal, then a deposit (where the deposit includes the original balance and staking reward). If that's how DNotes wallet logs it, then I would think only nonstaking wallets or DNotes Vault wallets would be eligible for CRISP rewards.

That is correct CRISP is paid out of the blockchain and based on address. So staking only adds to the amount of coins you can receive.

Staking transactions are specifically designed to allow CRISP to identify a staking payment, and not interfere with CRISP payments.

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
One of the more prominent New Zealand cryptocurrency pages featured a post about DNotes today. It was lengthy, and well written. I could tell that the page admin, Felix spent a bit of time reading through all of our material. See the link below for the full post, and I'd recommend following his page, there is some good content there.

https://www.facebook.com/CryptoNewZealand/posts/226877917891630

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

The DNotesVault Automatic Swap to DNotes 2.0 has been completed and no further action is required for DNotes that were held in the DNotesVault.

However, any DNotes held in other locations such as exchanges, or your own desktop wallet, will still need to be swapped for DNotes 2.0. Click here for swap instructions.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at any time at [email protected].

Thank you!

I logged in to DNotesVault and see that the deposit address is changed. So I guess the swap of my coins is done.

Question:

Will coins on Dnotesvault stake automatically, or we just lose staking opportunities by keeping our coins there?

Yep, all done.

The coins will not automatically stake in the DNotesVault. They will however receive CRISP reward (0.5% every 30 days for balances that remained at the same address for entirety of the 30 days).

I have to double check exact dates / blocks, but effectively no one will get the first CRISP payment as all balances have been moved.

If you would like to stake as well as receive CRISP, you will have to withdraw your DNotes from the DNotesVault.

We plan to release cold staking as soon as we can, once we do, that will allow DNotesVault users to stake and earn CRISP, while keeping their DNotes safely tucked away in the DNotesVault.

It does not sound good enough.

May I suggest to add staking on DNotesVault in the future? It should be easy to implement, and can help secure the network too.

That is exactly what Cold Staking will allow users to do.

I mean staking automatically on DNotesVault and users do not need to run their own wallets. Possible in the future?

I would have to vote against this. A widely decentralized network of nodes is vital to DNotes' security, so we need to provide additional incentive for node operators. Cold Staking from DNotesVault will allow people to keep their DNotes safely offline while earning an extra staking reward for providing the service of running a node and validating blocks.
legendary
So it looks like the "math" on figuring out staking vs. CRISP was way easier than I thought.

Staking is 2% annually if 100% of all coins are staking, which is highly unlikely. 50% of the coins staking at any one time is much more likely, and that would yield a return of 4% annually for those staking coins.

Q: How do I earn the interest reward?
A: Our Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) payouts occur approximately once per month. All coins that haven’t moved address during that month period will accrue a 0.5% interest, which compounds to roughly 6.17% per annum. If you move your coins during that time, those coins will not receive the interest for that month.

With CRISP, you get 6.17% annual return. To be able to beat that with POS you'd have to gamble on only roughly 1/3 of the total coins in circulation staking, which could happen. I'd have to do some research on other POS coins to see what percentage of their coins are typically held for staking, and I will try to pay attention to what DNotes' stats on that are as they develop.

The drawback of going the CRISP route is that you basically can't move your coins ever in order to get those rewards, whereas with staking you can move coins any time you want and still get staking rewards on the remaining ones. SMART Cash coin has a similar program in which as long as you don't touch your balance, you get monthly staking rewards, but if you make a single withdrawal, then you lose out on the next round of rewards for that address.

In the end, the question for me is the one Denver Dan brought up, which is: is it technically feasible to do both? Can I send coins to a wallet address and stake them for that 2%, and *also* collect the CRISP reward if I don't move the balance? Or do I have to choose one?

Finally, if the CRISP rewards are so much better than regular staking rewards, then how is is sustainable? Where are the reward coins for CRISP coming from?

Another final question: When does the next period of "don't move your balance if you want the next CRISP reward" begin? Has it already begun? Or does it start sometime in the near future?

I just logged into my DNotes Vault account for the first time since the swap and I'm wanting to make the best decision about what to do with the coins currently held there.
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Share Love

The DNotesVault Automatic Swap to DNotes 2.0 has been completed and no further action is required for DNotes that were held in the DNotesVault.

However, any DNotes held in other locations such as exchanges, or your own desktop wallet, will still need to be swapped for DNotes 2.0. Click here for swap instructions.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at any time at [email protected].

Thank you!

I logged in to DNotesVault and see that the deposit address is changed. So I guess the swap of my coins is done.

Question:

Will coins on Dnotesvault stake automatically, or we just lose staking opportunities by keeping our coins there?

Yep, all done.

The coins will not automatically stake in the DNotesVault. They will however receive CRISP reward (0.5% every 30 days for balances that remained at the same address for entirety of the 30 days).

I have to double check exact dates / blocks, but effectively no one will get the first CRISP payment as all balances have been moved.

If you would like to stake as well as receive CRISP, you will have to withdraw your DNotes from the DNotesVault.

We plan to release cold staking as soon as we can, once we do, that will allow DNotesVault users to stake and earn CRISP, while keeping their DNotes safely tucked away in the DNotesVault.

It does not sound good enough.

May I suggest to add staking on DNotesVault in the future? It should be easy to implement, and can help secure the network too.

That is exactly what Cold Staking will allow users to do.

legendary

Activity: 39
Merit: 28

legendary
Activity: 39
Merit: 28
Yobit exchange update: We have been in touch with YoBit exchange through social media, and made a request they have DNotes delisted by April 16th.
legendary
DNotes
I've swapped my dnotes successfully and been staking the last couple days without issue so far. Good work rolling out dnotes 2.0

Appreciate it doctorlw1! It is going very well.

We have completed all additional swaps as of last night, they will not reflect in the DNotesVault until I import them today.

We will do the next batch in a few days, as it is a cumbersome process right now.
Jump to: