Pages:
Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 44. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 13
Hello everyone. I haven't been very active lately. Im back now. Hopefully for a while Smiley
Just wanted to stop by and wish every DNotes community members and the team a very happy new year. Hopefully this will be the year for DNotes to shine above the rest.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Today, another reminder and decided to make a post about it, that in order to achieve our mission for DNotes we need to do the right things, the right way, and at the right time; as Alan has said many times. Our industry has been, for lack of a better word, loose with its deal makings and decisions. That's not passing judgement on those in our industry either, though in some cases it's warranted, it can be very difficult to filter through all the noise out there. It would be easy to make the wrong moves by reacting an interesting deal and make it more difficult to achieve our long term goals or even in some cases impossible.

I'm sure some of our supporters and readers may come to the conclusion that it would be much easier to have an ICO or do things that others are doing in our industry to get ahead quickly. However, to truly become a trusted and inclusive digital currency in global commerce for the benefit of everyone worldwide, we need to "do the right things, the right way, and at the right time". Anything less I would consider an extreme disservice to all those who believe in and support DNotes. Thank you to everyone who supports us in our mission!
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
BIS Survey: Central Banks See Little Likelihood of Wholesale Crypto Use in Near Future

https://dcebrief.com/bis-survey-central-banks-see-little-likelihood-of-wholesale-crypto-use-in-near-future/
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

That was a rather substantial article Brandon!

The more interesting aspects of it, I found, were the inflationary effects of money that could act to push up the prices of goods as cryptocurrencies become a more popular method to accept payment, and I think that effect could also compound in areas that are more cryptocurrency friendly than states that take punitive action for their use.

The other was the education of individuals to get them up to speed with cryptocurrency use and investing. While the investing side will invariably be a case of "it's an asset class you could have gone into and didn't", there will probably always be stablecoins that people can use as a point of entry into the system for those more risk averse -- even if they miss early adopter status. Using pure cryptocurrencies is quite a different story though, and will be a real challenge. It's on us to make using crypto so incredibly simple that nobody even needs education on it. I'm sure the first time everyone used internet banking may have felt a bit strange, but if we can make it even easier (like DNotes Pay) then we will have a real shot at beating that education curve that is such a hindrance at this time.  

There is definitely a knowledge gap! It is short-sighted to think that cryptocurrency education is unnecessary for investors that weren't early adopters - if anything, it is more important going forward now than ever. Most cryptocurrencies are going to become worthless somewhere in the course of mass adoption, taking some early adopters with them. The ease at which fraud can be pulled off in this industry (and with no remorse) is despicable, heightening the need for investor education and protection. DNotes is designed to provide an investment return no matter when you start accumulating it - education would let people know that not all currencies are like this. They also need to know what realistic returns are, the signs of fraud, online security, types of investment products, etc - both in cryptocurrency and traditional finance.

It is critical to have the technology so user friendly, it is almost invisible, because the average mainstream user isn't going to give a crap about the tech. DNotesVault is a perfect example - because of its ease of use and similarity to how people already hold their money/investments,  everyday people with no tech skills whatsoever are DNotes holders. DNotesPay will extend that ease of use to the business community, the self-employed, etc. All that is really needed for tech education in mass adoption is some easy to understand "how to use it" guides. If the mainstream user needs to learn any more than that, it likely won't get adopted on a large scale. The masses don't care what is under the hood.

The biggest educational needs will come as cryptocurrency starts acting as the financial product it was always intended to be. The majority of the world is financially illiterate, and expecting them to achieve digital financial literacy on their own is wishful thinking.
legendary
DNotes
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
That was a rather substantial article Brandon!

The more interesting aspects of it, I found, were the inflationary effects of money that could act to push up the prices of goods as cryptocurrencies become a more popular method to accept payment, and I think that effect could also compound in areas that are more cryptocurrency friendly than states that take punitive action for their use.

The other was the education of individuals to get them up to speed with cryptocurrency use and investing. While the investing side will invariably be a case of "it's an asset class you could have gone into and didn't", there will probably always be stablecoins that people can use as a point of entry into the system for those more risk averse -- even if they miss early adopter status. Using pure cryptocurrencies is quite a different story though, and will be a real challenge. It's on us to make using crypto so incredibly simple that nobody even needs education on it. I'm sure the first time everyone used internet banking may have felt a bit strange, but if we can make it even easier (like DNotes Pay) then we will have a real shot at beating that education curve that is such a hindrance at this time.  
legendary
DNotes

Cryptocurrency's Cost and Benefit to the North American Economy

https://dcebrief.com/cryptocurrencys-cost-and-benefit-to-the-north-american-economy/

Well done Brandon! Interesting last point in the benefit section. In part higher crime can be the result of a lack of opportunity or even a perception of lack of opportunity. The inclusive and open nature of cryptocurrency will inevitably create opportunity and motivate people. It will also be interesting to see how cryptocurrency can be utilized to create those opportunities.
Japan’s FSA Reportedly Exploring Interest in Crypto ETF Approval

https://dcebrief.com/japans-fsa-reportedly-exploring-interest-in-crypto-etf-approval/

Cryptocurrency's Cost and Benefit to the North American Economy

https://dcebrief.com/cryptocurrencys-cost-and-benefit-to-the-north-american-economy/
Activity: 145
Merit: 0
Thanks for the informative articles. I especially enjoyed looking over the infographic from DNotesEDU.

Here's a fun one: CryptoKitties is taking the Ethereum network by storm: https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryptokitties-sales-hit-12-million-could-be-ethereums-killer-app-after-all

I looked over the CryptoKitties website and read pretty much everything except the white paper. Although you have to put some real money into it, it actually has a lot of educational value. It's a fun way to learn how the block chain and smart contracts work. I'm actually considering getting my older kids some ether and letting them have at it.

I hope gamification is part of DNotes' plan. It's just fun. And it can be a fun way to learn the ropes too if the game is done right.
I'm not sure that you have to put too much money into such games as CryptoKitties or even in CryptoFlowers, just a couple of bucks. Breeding is almost free.
Activity: 327
Merit: 16
DNotes to the moon?

Welcome corvo00x to the DNotes forum! We do believe DNotes is significantly undervalued, and a healthy sustainable increase would be helpful for everyone Wink

I believe that once the funding is complete and DNotes gets on a bigger exchange, we will soon see sustainable increase in price Wink And yes, at the moment the price is definitely undervalued Wink
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Update on HERo - It is taking a little longer than anticipated to get the final touches fixed up on the site. However, to be somewhat expected with a custom build. We hope to get it buttoned up and ready to launch soon.

No problem, take your time Wink Better to take some more time and get a smooth launch, then to hurry it and launch it in unfinished state  Wink

Thanks Amadeus, certainly agree!

Certainly. We have been working on this project for a while. All indications are that HERo will be very well received.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
Crypto Exchange Wants to Launch Tokenized Nasdaq Stocks

https://dcebrief.com/crypto-exchange-wants-to-launch-tokenized-nasdaq-stocks/

This is could be a game changer but would take years to navigate the regulatory hurdles. It is certainly a new development in our industry worth watching.
legendary
DNotes

Update on HERo - It is taking a little longer than anticipated to get the final touches fixed up on the site. However, to be somewhat expected with a custom build. We hope to get it buttoned up and ready to launch soon.

No problem, take your time Wink Better to take some more time and get a smooth launch, then to hurry it and launch it in unfinished state  Wink

Thanks Amadeus, certainly agree!
legendary
DNotes
DNotes to the moon?

Welcome corvo00x to the DNotes forum! We do believe DNotes is significantly undervalued, and a healthy sustainable increase would be helpful for everyone Wink
Activity: 327
Merit: 16

legendary
DNotes

legendary
DNotes
DNotes Trading Bot Upgrade 1/6/2019

Available here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5084651.new#new

Changes:
-Added Import/Export functionality for Trading Bots to CSV
    -All Imported Trading Bots are treated as new trading bots.
-Added Export Orders, which will export your fulfilled orders to CSV
-Added Clear Fulfilled Ord. to clear all fulfilled orders from the application and database

Overstock Announces it Will Pay Some Ohio State Taxes Using Bitcoin

https://dcebrief.com/overstock-announces-it-will-pay-some-ohio-state-taxes-using-bitcoin/
Pages:
Jump to: