Pages:
Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 57. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
Quote from wiser today:
I definitely appreciate your commitment to excellence.

Quote from Alan today:

Thanks, wiser. We must remain steadfast in our commitment to excellence and trustworthiness.

The negative headlines about our industry have been appearing with increasing frequency. While it is going through a painful correction, the sky is not falling. It is always healthy to make an adjustment after an insane period of price manipulation to unsustainable highs.

The technology is just as amazing, with many more viable projects in development. I intent to write a few articles that are positive and inspirational.

Our launching of HERO (evolution of CryptoMoms) is expected to be very inspirational and positive).

Hero VISION:

Our vision is to nourish and support a positive, welcoming, and resourceful environment that fosters the creation of a hero culture where change, equality, and opportunity start with you. It is a culture that inspires and empowers you to take full advantage of the benefits offered by a new digital age of global commerce and collaboration.

The next generation of CryptoMoms is here, as we have evolved to become Hero. We have expanded our efforts to be inclusive of all the women worldwide, enabled by hyper-connectivity. Hero is non-political - designed to promote entrepreneurship and transformational technologies for women of all ages. We are committed to the belief that knowledge, entrepreneurial endeavors, and a positive mindset for responsible self-empowerment hold the key to empowering women to close the gender gap and reach their full human potential.

It starts with you. Join us. Together we can change the world for all genders.

legendary
Quote from DNotes Telegram:

Quote from Steve Cass Today:

I was just trying to think of the price history of DNote and for the life of me cannot think how i would find out. Any idea's someone?

Quote from Alan Yong Today:

Sorry, I don’t have much time to spare. But I did look at CoinMarketCap. It seems accurate for the most part.

DNotes started trading at Allcoin at $0.9947 cents with a market cap of $23,715 on March 8, 2014. What is striking was the price stability with a progressive higher high and high low for the first few years.

We were among the top 50s then until ICOs began to take off. We have always been about substance, not fluff. But it did not matter when investors were more interested to make a quick buck.

We are always committed to building a solid foundation for DNotes to gain mass adoption as the inclusive trusted digital currency for global commerce. Over the last 4 ½ years our efforts have been relentless. That tradition will continue with growing intensity.

Despite the severe industry down trend, we have no doubt that DNotes will be among the few left standing, when everything is said and done.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dnotes/#charts
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
We've added a few pages to the DNotesCoin website, links at the top in the blue bar.

Merchants Page - To list merchants that accept DNotes in exchange for goods and services.
https://dnotescoin.com/merchants/
DNotes Pay - To list the various DNotes Pay options for sellers to use, to sell their goods and services.
https://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-pay/

We intend to reach out to online merchants and software developers to include DNotes Pay. Merchants and software developers that add DNotes as a payment option will be listed on the DNotes website as well as the first few will be included in our press release and marketing effort which will provide them with additional exposure. If you know anyone who would be interested, please let us know.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Genesis Trading CEO: Bitcoin Price Floor Likely $3,000

https://dcebrief.com/genesis-trading-ceo-bitcoin-price-floor-likely-3000/
DOJ Investigating Whether Tether Used to Manipulate Bitcoin Prices in 2017

https://dcebrief.com/doj-investigating-whether-tether-used-to-manipulate-bitcoin-prices-in-2017/
legendary
DNotes
DNotesEDU Announces Release of Cryptocurrency Industry Insight Report

https://dcebrief.com/dnotesedu-announces-release-of-cryptocurrency-industry-insight-report/

Excellent news DNotesEDU, good luck with the report!

https://dcebrief.com/dnotesedu-announces-release-of-cryptocurrency-industry-insight-report/

We need to add a page to DNotes website for places you can spend your DNotes soon.
DNotesEDU Announces Release of Cryptocurrency Industry Insight Report

legendary
DNotes

Op-Ed: How ICOs Contributed to The Crypto Crash

https://dcebrief.com/how-icos-contributed-to-the-crypto-crash/
legendary
Teens Prefer Crypto & Fortnite’s V-Bucks Over Cash & Gift Cards

https://dcebrief.com/teens-prefer-crypto-fortnites-v-bucks-over-cash-gift-cards/

Let the trend be your friend. A lot of industry problems must be resolved before mass adoption can become a reality. But digital currency is the future of money. It is the natural progression to follow - from the emergence of personal computers to cell phone, Internet, and digital cash.
Teens Prefer Crypto & Fortnite’s V-Bucks Over Cash & Gift Cards

https://dcebrief.com/teens-prefer-crypto-fortnites-v-bucks-over-cash-gift-cards/
Tom Lee Remains Bullish on Bitcoin, Stands by $15K Price Target

https://dcebrief.com/tom-lee-remains-bullish-on-bitcoin-stands-by-15k-price-target/
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
It's a great article Chase.

I think that in so much of all this, people are all asking the wrong question -- it isn't 'why has the market tanked', but rather 'why did it go up so fast in the first place?'.

That makes for a rather complicated answer that includes over-excitement, crappy business models, and a lack of finance knowledge. I also wrote an Op-Ed today that hopefully will drop soon that talks about ICOs as a commodity of people who think that you can get two dollars out for every dollar put into a system without consequences.

Tons of projects are beginning to falter, most of the reserve currencies that were used to raise funds (Eth / BTC / Neo) are down 75-95%, and projects are shutting shop because they have no earnings, and no reserves to continue functioning. Add to that the SEC's decision to be the world financial police, and many teams are shuting shop or temporarily closing their doors. Just today I saw that a NEO-based exchange called 'Aphelion' closed its exchange due to compliance issues, and low volumes and prices making them completely unprofitable.

Being the last ones standing in this industry would well position anyone to become the next big thing in business -- if you survive, you'll be one of the few with a good reputation to make use of going forward.
legendary

Great post Alan, and thank you for always keeping it real!

Many of us have seen this coming for a long time, and I  am very proud of the work that has been done by our team to educate people on the risks of investing in cryptocurrency, and in particular ICOs. It was not an easy path to take. When it seemed like the rest of the world was promoting often illegal and/or fraudulent ICOs, we were willing to take a stand and do the right thing.

As far as what will happen next, I believe history will repeat itself and only the strong will survive.

This article is from 2011, but is even more relevant today:

5 Successful Companies That Survived The Dotcom Bubble

The dotcom era was a speculative bubble formed by the rapid rise and interest in internet companies. During the five years leading up to the peak, many businesses were born with the primary focus of gaining market share through brand building and networking. The theory was that out of a collection of like companies, one was bound to "make it", and businesses and investors alike were more than willing to put their bets on the table. Getting big fast was key to survival, as companies raced to acquire substantial market share, sacrificing profits along the way. With an unprecedented amount of individual investing, the boom pushed the Nasdaq Composite Index to an all-time high of 5132.52 on March 10, 2000.

On March 10, 2000, the Nasdaq reached an all-time high of 5132.52, after which the index faltered until October 9, 2002, having lost 78% of its value.

The next day, the bubble popped and one company after another imploded, fueling an internet sector freefall that lasted for the next two and a half years. Businesses and investors were forced to acknowledge that venture capital and initial public offerings did not guarantee income or make up for the lack of sound business plans. With the spectacular rise and subsequent crash of many of these dotcom companies, few were left standing after the dust had settled.

Full article - https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0711/5-successful-companies-that-survived-the-dotcom-bubble.aspx

The 5 companies were Amazon.com, Ebay, Priceline.com, Shutterfly, Coupons.com

As always, it’s great to see you on the forum, Chase. And thanks so much for your support.

Thanks for sharing the dot com article. It is very telling. We should have learned but we didn’t.

What would I do if I were a partner of a Hedge Fund with some dried power left?

I would be working twice as hard to identify the 10 most likely coins to be left standing after the dust settled and I would go all in. The technology and industry are here to stay. What is different is that there will be many more new players and it’s going to be massive.

We are well positioned to be an industry leader and strategically built to weather the storm. We are always advancing along a well-defined path because we have a clear vision – mass adoption of DNotes as the inclusive trusted digital currency.   
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Great post Alan, and thank you for always keeping it real!

Many of us have seen this coming for a long time, and I  am very proud of the work that has been done by our team to educate people on the risks of investing in cryptocurrency, and in particular ICOs. It was not an easy path to take. When it seemed like the rest of the world was promoting often illegal and/or fraudulent ICOs, we were willing to take a stand and do the right thing.

As far as what will happen next, I believe history will repeat itself and only the strong will survive.

This article is from 2011, but is even more relevant today:

5 Successful Companies That Survived The Dotcom Bubble

The dotcom era was a speculative bubble formed by the rapid rise and interest in internet companies. During the five years leading up to the peak, many businesses were born with the primary focus of gaining market share through brand building and networking. The theory was that out of a collection of like companies, one was bound to "make it", and businesses and investors alike were more than willing to put their bets on the table. Getting big fast was key to survival, as companies raced to acquire substantial market share, sacrificing profits along the way. With an unprecedented amount of individual investing, the boom pushed the Nasdaq Composite Index to an all-time high of 5132.52 on March 10, 2000.

On March 10, 2000, the Nasdaq reached an all-time high of 5132.52, after which the index faltered until October 9, 2002, having lost 78% of its value.

The next day, the bubble popped and one company after another imploded, fueling an internet sector freefall that lasted for the next two and a half years. Businesses and investors were forced to acknowledge that venture capital and initial public offerings did not guarantee income or make up for the lack of sound business plans. With the spectacular rise and subsequent crash of many of these dotcom companies, few were left standing after the dust had settled.

Full article - https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0711/5-successful-companies-that-survived-the-dotcom-bubble.aspx

The 5 companies were Amazon.com, Ebay, Priceline.com, Shutterfly, Coupons.com
legendary
Tons of interesting news coming out amongst severe recent price decline.

The bot is really cool -- being able to trade any pair on Bittrex and Stex is a very handy tool. It's a great demonstration of how DNotes pay can work, and I can only look forward to a shop full of partner products where software companies add DNotes pay as an additional accepted currency for their product.

Yeap, I lost from the drop, but I believe that from that type of terrible falls, I will learn lots of things from them, and those falls will play important role in my life in future.
Dnotes pay worked fined.  Grin

Welcome motienvolam, the markets have had a significant impact on everyone recently. I hope you get the opportunity to recover from your losses.

Thank you for testing out DNotes Pay, we greatly appreciate it!
Thank you, motienvolam,

I certainly hope that there are lessons learned from this worst correction in our industry’s history. Market value declines of (90% to 95%) are common. Blockchain Hedge Funds may be losing 50% to 75% of their invested capital, with some rumored to be closing shops.

It is not pretty, and the worse is not over. SEC law enforcement on ICO tokens could drag on for a few years. This will put a damper on our industry.

I went forum hopping the last few nights, to get a more personal feel of the state of our industry. Painful – to put it bluntly. Many of the bitcointalk forums I frequented before are almost deserted.  Many seemed to be caught by surprised, but the level of blame game and infighting appeared to have subsided. Obviously, the level of energy has declined noticeably. 

Reasonable people should have predicted this. I am sure more than a few of us did. But overall even reasonable people could be wishful at time. If we were one of those to get rich quick, we could always come up with a few reasons to make it justifiable.

In the real world, true value cannot be created out of thin air. Great ideas are not worth much. (I price them at around a dime per dozen). For a pretty good idea – I would pay for your cup of coffee if you would pay for the tips.

Our industry has a serious valuation problem – sometimes it defies logic.  Unproven ideas, with the right promoters have been valued by the $100s of millions, sometime $ billions.

Love and hate are divided by a thin line. It can be taken to the extreme end of the spectrum, in frustration, fear, and confusion. Although we are losing retail investors by the wave, I hope that we will not ended up with more haters. We must stand up to protect the technology which I truly believe presents a generational opportunity for everyone worldwide.

As I have said before “The Culture of our industry Sucks, but the Technology is Awesome.”

Since the day of launch on February 18, 2014 one of our missions was to cultivate a different culture – one of trust and respect. We have done very well in that regards and will continue that tradition for generations to come. We are most grateful to all of you for your support and inspiration to make this possible.

Possible lessons learned:

Ideas by themselves are not worth much. Don’t just follow and be sold on hype and pipe-dreams. Do your home and focus on facts that a verifiable.

Investors do not like uncertainties. It leads to desertion and extremely caution.

We live in a world governed by the rule of law. And that will not go away.

Trust is invaluable in financial services. If we were to disrupt banks and financial services, we must be more trustworthy than them. So far, our industry has done worse, not better.

We believe that the technology is awesome. The industry may be taking a pause, but at DNotes, we are going full speed ahead – taking a very different route since day one.

In stead of showing off “great ideas” we have been building great projects CryproMoms (evolving to become “HERO”) DNotesVault, CRISP Reward, DCEBrief, and my book “Improve your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success, and more.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to You ALL!
legendary
DNotes

The bot is really cool -- being able to trade any pair on Bittrex and Stex is a very handy tool. It's a great demonstration of how DNotes pay can work, and I can only look forward to a shop full of partner products where software companies add DNotes pay as an additional accepted currency for their product.

Yeap, I lost from the drop, but I believe that from that type of terrible falls, I will learn lots of things from them, and those falls will play important role in my life in future.
Dnotes pay worked fined.  Grin

Welcome motienvolam, the markets have had a significant impact on everyone recently. I hope you get the opportunity to recover from your losses.

Thank you for testing out DNotes Pay, we greatly appreciate it!
Activity: 846
Merit: 535

FCA Reportedly Considering Task Force Recommendation to Ban Crypto Derivatives

https://dcebrief.com/fca-reportedly-considering-task-force-recommendation-to-ban-crypto-derivatives/
Pages:
Jump to: