Pages:
Author

Topic: Do I really have to pay taxes on crypto investments? - page 10. (Read 2461 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
This is theoretically possible, but not every network with a similar situation will cope in the same way as Ether. It’s unrealistic to constantly roll back the entire network to change one record, no one will use such a network of their own free will. This is all in fact a variation of 51%.

I think it’s not quite right to compare with the 51% variety. In order to crank a 51%, it is enough to have mining capacities that seriously exceed the existing ones in this blockchain. It is not necessary to be the developer of the coin itself. Developers have much wider impact functionality. We have not yet seriously faced the fact that someone's wallet was cut out and forbidden to miners to process transfers coming from it.
Activity: 27
This is theoretically possible, but not every network with a similar situation will cope in the same way as Ether. It’s unrealistic to constantly roll back the entire network to change one record, no one will use such a network of their own free will. This is all in fact a variation of 51%.
Activity: 21
can ANYONE tell me what blockchains are worth using? I mean private or public or shared?  Because, apart from 51%, I do not know any other ways of selective use of the blockchain for any normal coins. If at least some coin allows you to selectively serve addresses, it is already a centralized coin in the worst sense of the word, and such a coin must be declared a complete boycott.
Theoretically, this can happen with any centralized blockchain network, especially if there mining pools are controlled by the developers of the project itself. Let me remind you of the story with ETH as well, of course, this is not the same thing, but in case of great need they can do it.
Activity: 14
can ANYONE tell me what blockchains are worth using? I mean private or public or shared?  Because, apart from 51%, I do not know any other ways of selective use of the blockchain for any normal coins. If at least some coin allows you to selectively serve addresses, it is already a centralized coin in the worst sense of the word, and such a coin must be declared a complete boycott.
Freedom is different. And Bitcoin allows you to be more free from government, and not in the spiritual and philosophical way.
I think that countries, even if they try to make crypto the main means of payment , will introduce taxes on operations with crypto before they begin and deploy a system for tracking transactions and only when they see that the measures taken cover their losses due to the transition to full settlement in the crypt only then reconcile with its existence. and taxes will be collected automatically through some kind of cross-blockchain solution.
Even on many existing blockchains, there is a possibility when miners can agree not to include transactions from a specific wallet (inputs) in the block. And if our country will develop its crypto, then it is recommended to provide for the possibility of blocking certain wallets - this is like blocking bank accounts.
Freedom is different. And Bitcoin allows you to be more free from government, and not in the spiritual and philosophical way.
I think that countries, even if they try to make crypto the main means of payment , will introduce taxes on operations with crypto before they begin and deploy a system for tracking transactions and only when they see that the measures taken cover their losses due to the transition to full settlement in the crypt only then reconcile with its existence. and taxes will be collected automatically through some kind of cross-blockchain solution.
It is worth sharing the tools to achieve freedom. Because Bitcoin will be a similar tool, and the choice of another country with more comfortable living conditions will be precisely what determines a person’s freedom, namely his right to choose, personal, and not imposed by other reasons and circumstances.
You will not be full of philosophy alone, and freedom in your head will not determine true freedom of choice. Although many may well be in a state of self-deception, but it is very quickly destroyed when the reality in the form of stupid laws and a huge bank interest rate hits your pocket.
Activity: 28
It is worth sharing the tools to achieve freedom. Because Bitcoin will be a similar tool, and the choice of another country with more comfortable living conditions will be precisely what determines a person’s freedom, namely his right to choose, personal, and not imposed by other reasons and circumstances.
Many begin to search for their freedom in crypto… while the freedom is in their heads.
Bitcoin will not change the paradigm of people living in countries, it will not erase these countries from the face of the earth, it was not created for this at all.
Take the United States, a civilized country, and the there are hundreds of thousands of homeless people, in New York alone people live off credit cards, and losing a job is the end of the life.  where do you see order here?
for generations, people are used to abiding by laws and these laws are adopted for people - everything can be in order there, even after replacing the state currency with bitcoin.
But if we take civilized countries where people are used to observing laws for generations and these laws are adopted for people, everything can be in order, even after replacing the fiat currency with bitcoin. Indeed, nothing will change for people's lives.
what do you mean when you say “civilized countries”? I suppose you think there are still some uncivilized nations in the world?
This, of course, is true that chaos will begin without government in the current meaning, but history shows that it is common for mankind to unite into different structural units, which - being large enough - turn into countries anyway. So after the chaos, the emergence of the government is almost inevitable. And here the only important question is what will be the structure and political regime of the new government. We must ensure that the government works for people, and not vice versa. And Bitcoin here is just another social mechanism to remind the government who should be at the forefront.
But countries differ in their attitude to bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. so its quite possible that soon in the most developed countries, there will be no cash  at all and fiat will exist for those who cant comprehend crypto
But if we take civilized countries where people are used to observing laws for generations and these laws are adopted for people, everything can be in order, even after replacing the fiat currency with bitcoin. Indeed, nothing will change for people's lives.
what do you mean when you say “civilized countries”? I suppose you think there are still some uncivilized nations in the world?
This, of course, is true that chaos will begin without government in the current meaning, but history shows that it is common for mankind to unite into different structural units, which - being large enough - turn into countries anyway. So after the chaos, the emergence of the government is almost inevitable. And here the only important question is what will be the structure and political regime of the new government. We must ensure that the government works for people, and not vice versa. And Bitcoin here is just another social mechanism to remind the government who should be at the forefront.
For countries, bitcoin is dangerous due to lack of control, in my opinion. Without government power, chaos will spread in some territories, because government is not just a  national currency, but also the army, laws, prisons, etc. In any case, the community needs some control. It is clear that many do not like certain laws and rules that we have to follow, but, unfortunately, none of us can change our place of residence.
Logically, all fiat money will have an inflationary model. But so far there is no single world money, therefore it is rather difficult to talk about the global financial system.
Government money is constantly depreciating because they are susceptible to inflation, new unsecured banknotes are printed uncontrollably, which ultimately leads to inflation of inner debts and, in my opinion, sooner or later the global financial system will collapse.
If bloated state debts manage to depreciate faster than to accumulate, just due to the depreciation of national currencies, why should the financial system collapse from this? It’s just that some countries benefit from such a model, while weaker countries are forced to pay for its use. But in general, for now it suits those players who can impose their position on others.
I don’t quite understand how some countries can benefit from this if the government has nothing to pay on debt loans in case of default, for example.
The growth of the US economy, for example, and the depreciation of the dollar are significantly ahead of the growth of public debt, while other countries are buying this hastily cheaper debt. As a result, it is very beneficial for the United States to use its debt to grow its economy. And while this is profitable, debt and the dollar will not go anywhere if it continues to be in the will of the United States.
Pages:
Jump to: