Pages:
Author

Topic: Do I really have to pay taxes on crypto investments? - page 8. (Read 2461 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I think so far Bitcoin as a payment system does not meet the standards as the main monetary unit. Long transfer, high commissions, a lot of problems with mining. I would say that bitcoin could play the role of an intermediate between fiat and gold.

do you often buy or sell gold?

I think it would be necessary to use some other crypto or several varieties. Then everything is solved very easily on the tax account, the tax on the product or service itself is fixed in the price itself.
In general, this would not be cool, since it would be possible to track purchases and the anonymity of crypto would be lost.
plus something needs to be done with security, that is, if a person loses a private key, then there should be an opportunity to restore it or an additional protection mechanism like fingerprints, face IDs and other things
If a person loses his private key - he will lose his money, and if you want to restore by face or fingerprint - then you do not need a crypt, but some kind of phone or card. And you want to give your responsibility to an outsider. Both face and fingers can be circumvented.
Activity: 56
I think so far Bitcoin as a payment system does not meet the standards as the main monetary unit. Long transfer, high commissions, a lot of problems with mining. I would say that bitcoin could play the role of an intermediate between fiat and gold.

I think it would be necessary to use some other crypto or several varieties. Then everything is solved very easily on the tax account, the tax on the product or service itself is fixed in the price itself.
In general, this would not be cool, since it would be possible to track purchases and the anonymity of crypto would be lost.
plus something needs to be done with security, that is, if a person loses a private key, then there should be an opportunity to restore it or an additional protection mechanism like fingerprints, face IDs and other things

Activity: 28
do you think centralized cryptocurrencies already exist?
I already mentioned DPoS, but there may also be LPoS and other coins, suggesting the creation of large nodes, which determine the consensus. In fact, such coins approach centralized ones and to some extent they are even because they have a small and limited number of nodes required for consensus. I still don’t know any completely centralized coins.
Based on my observations, few people take seriously the technical side of consensus building on the network.
I already mentioned DPoS, but there may also be LPoS and other coins, suggesting the creation of large nodes, which determine the consensus. In fact, such coins approach centralized ones and to some extent they are even because they have a small and limited number of nodes required for consensus. I still don’t know any completely centralized coins.
Cryptocurrencies are not yet ready to be accepted. And it will not happen quickly. It will be a long implementation process. In addition, it seems to me that society itself should also adapt to this.
There are individual countries that are already fully engaged in their adoption: in some countries experiments are already in full swing in the levying taxes on cryptocurrencies, and this is one of the fundamental points of  crypto adoption. Accordingly, just a statement that something is not ready for something is just idle talk, because there are real facts that are widely known.
Cryptocurrencies are not yet ready to be accepted. And it will not happen quickly. It will be a long implementation process. In addition, it seems to me that society itself should also adapt to this.
Activity: 21
When we talk about the state, we primarily mean the conservative body, which has been formed for decades and even centuries. No conservatives should be expected to make any decisions that contribute to technological progress in general, and in financial matters in particular. The use and the very possibility of using decentralized funds will develop in parallel and regardless of the vision of states. Only when most people will realize such use for granted, can decisive action be taken by the state, is it possible that there will be a high concentration of cryptocurrency supporters and the transition will be more or less smooth. In some countries, such a concentration is higher and the transition will be faster, in some countries the transition will not happen and such countries will be far behind in the race. But technology is technology, it is pointless to deny it, because ultimately it will adversely affect the development of the state.

countries are very different. Among the entire list of countries, there are also high-tech states, of course, the issue of finance comes first, however, developments in the field of blockchain and “artificial intelligence” receive support and state grants.
This suggests that new technologies are even included in important government bodies. But, the issue of replacing finance or at least partial use of cryptocurrencies in payments is very difficult.
The government machine is quite heavy, and the introduction of innovations will directly depend on the replenishment of the budget. For a country that exists because of the sale of resources, little can change, since these resources will not run out, they will be enough for the period of rule.
Activity: 27
When we talk about the state, we primarily mean the conservative body, which has been formed for decades and even centuries. No conservatives should be expected to make any decisions that contribute to technological progress in general, and in financial matters in particular. The use and the very possibility of using decentralized funds will develop in parallel and regardless of the vision of states. Only when most people will realize such use for granted, can decisive action be taken by the state, is it possible that there will be a high concentration of cryptocurrency supporters and the transition will be more or less smooth. In some countries, such a concentration is higher and the transition will be faster, in some countries the transition will not happen and such countries will be far behind in the race. But technology is technology, it is pointless to deny it, because ultimately it will adversely affect the development of the state.

countries are very different. Among the entire list of countries, there are also high-tech states, of course, the issue of finance comes first, however, developments in the field of blockchain and “artificial intelligence” receive support and state grants.
This suggests that new technologies are even included in important government bodies. But, the issue of replacing finance or at least partial use of cryptocurrencies in payments is very difficult.

Activity: 27
States will gradually introduce more technologically advanced digital solutions for financial systems. But the adoption of pure decentralization and the ideas of Satoshi Nakamoto will be overlooked.. All new digital national money will be centralized, but it should be more convenient to use it than money in its current form.
Over time, taxes and everything else will be set up technically, they will find a better solution for both parties, so that everything is possible) despite the fact that in some countries they are already paying salaries with crypto), only the government will still look for a way to manage all this, but personally I’m not so sure they will find a way to control EVERYTHING.
Yes, there is nothing left to set up there, the most important thing is that the requirements for counteraction are met and the tax rate will depend on the country and the attitude to the crypt in it.
Over time, taxes and everything else will be set up technically, they will find a better solution for both parties, so that everything is possible) despite the fact that in some countries they are already paying salaries with crypto), only the government will still look for a way to manage all this, but personally I’m not so sure they will find a way to control EVERYTHING.
Many consider cryptocurrency not as a replacement for the entire financial system and a change in the principles of mutual settlements without a central control authority, but simply as a replacement for existing “paper counterparts” with more technological and time-honored digital tokens.
This is not even cryptocurrency in fact, because in a purely decentralized form, countries do not like it, but the usual digitization of already outdated methods of presenting information. There will not be any special breakthrough. I think it’s just a tribute to fashion and ostentatious appearance of technological progress.
Many consider cryptocurrency not as a replacement for the entire financial system and a change in the principles of mutual settlements without a central control authority, but simply as a replacement for existing “paper counterparts” with more technological and time-honored digital tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: