Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we want to continue to allow various vendor hate in here? - page 14. (Read 17316 times)

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
I used to really enjoy visiting the custom hardware forum to view the progression of different hardware.  Now I visit and see a bunch of crap like this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/where-is-labcoin-did-they-vanish-after-the-ipo-no-updates-and-no-news-281289

and

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/time-to-sue-butterflylabs-big-single-sc-owner-lets-league-for-class-action-278844

I'm glad to see that you are already moving some of these types of threads, and for that I thank you.  

Have you considered creating separate vendor subforums?  That may at least allow new members to chose what they want to be exposed to.  I understand that being protected from scams is important, but imo that is what the Scam Accusations forum should be used for.  
staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419
The forum is overrun with the hate of the day with various "hardware"(/vaporware) vendors, it has become hard to discuss anything else. Many of the participants are behaving like animals.

I'm sensitive to the risk of suppressing complaints. There have been many scam hardware "vendors" of various degrees. People should be able to communicate about the risks, seek recourse, etc.   At the same time, these complaints have reached an intensity where they are self defeating.  If you tell me vendor X is a scam I don't know if its because they are or because you're crazy, because you're a shill for another vendor, because you're a shill for them trying to make the complainers look crazy, if you're a miner trying to scare people out of mining, etc.  As a warning this information is no longer very helpful.

I have multiple people I know (and have met in person and know not to be socks) begging me to do something about the sad state of this subforum.  But I'm at a loss... how do we defeat troll culture when it's taking the form of "concern troll" about concerns we should be careful to preserve? And how can we do it without making me and miningbuddy censors who have to vet every single post?

Does anyone have any great ideas?
Pages:
Jump to: