Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins? - page 88. (Read 257603 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
June 15, 2016, 01:01:05 AM
Using Bitcoin as a currency which is what it was ultimately created for is a great feeling. We can even spend them at really legitimate places like overstock and we also can get discounted gift cards and such.

Also using bitcoin as a currency will make it more active in the world of currency and possibility for the big online merchants to accept it as one of their payment method option will really be on close. But that is not the real score as more people taking this currency as an investment so rotations of coins in the market are not that present.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
June 14, 2016, 09:39:08 PM
I only spend my coins very rarely when I want to buy some giftcard off these forums or some other thing somebody is selling here. So my spending is strictly person to person.
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
June 14, 2016, 08:59:30 PM
Using Bitcoin as a currency which is what it was ultimately created for is a great feeling. We can even spend them at really legitimate places like overstock and we also can get discounted gift cards and such.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
June 14, 2016, 08:50:26 PM
No, cause i am holding my bitcoins nowdays and i really want to catch the moment to sell my coins but i am not sure about price, will it rise or not.

Most of us stopped spending bitcoin actively for the incoming halving, because we all know that it will be profitable once it happens.
And I know it will be worth the wait and effort of waiting, we just need to wait and believe for it.
We are just not the same some of my coins i just spend it for buying domain and hosting to increase the amount of my bitcoin i am using bitcoin to buy landing pages and traffic to my site.. this is i think the best to increase the amount of my bitcoin than just waiting for bitcoin to rise..
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 14, 2016, 07:38:19 PM
No, cause i am holding my bitcoins nowdays and i really want to catch the moment to sell my coins but i am not sure about price, will it rise or not.

Most of us stopped spending bitcoin actively for the incoming halving, because we all know that it will be profitable once it happens.
And I know it will be worth the wait and effort of waiting, we just need to wait and believe for it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
June 14, 2016, 06:39:47 PM
i always try to actively spend my bitcoins but i also always hit a brick wall when i want to spend it because there are few places that accept bitcoin and many of these places aren't even selling things that i want so i am stuck with fiat for now.
yeah sometimes we will have confusion in doing shopping/spending using bitcoin. I think it's reasonable because bitcoin is not so mainstream on the Internet or in the world? I never took a headache it? I always convert my bitcoin to fiat to buy something Cheesy
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 14, 2016, 06:36:31 PM
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
June 14, 2016, 06:00:43 PM
im not spending my coins just right now to be honest, but i would actually spend it if there were more shops with it around me

If you have good amount of bitcoin at this stage then do not spend it as this is not the right time to spend as price will go higher at the time of halving and that would be the best time to spend.

Yeah, spending actively your coins today is somewhat you are going to miss the chance of earning in halving. Because the price is really going up rapidly. And we don't know until what price it is going to stop. So, better wait and once the price stops at the price you want.
Then that's the right time to think on what you are going to spend your bitcoins for.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
June 14, 2016, 04:38:26 PM
im not spending my coins just right now to be honest, but i would actually spend it if there were more shops with it around me

If you have good amount of bitcoin at this stage then do not spend it as this is not the right time to spend as price will go higher at the time of halving and that would be the best time to spend.
Activity: 336
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 14, 2016, 04:36:11 PM
June 14, 2016, 03:48:08 PM
Ever since the price rise, I'm saving up all my bitcoins. But I use bitcoins occasionally

It is nice to.spend bitcoins now because the price is really high and you can buy more if you convert it to fiat. I converted some of my bitcoins already, but I saved some for the next event which is halving. I hope halving brings more money to me .

Its good to hear that you converted some of your coins to fiat and earned profits from it, and I think that is the right thing to do rather then holding too long.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
June 14, 2016, 10:43:38 AM
Ever since the price rise, I'm saving up all my bitcoins. But I use bitcoins occasionally

It is nice to.spend bitcoins now because the price is really high and you can buy more if you convert it to fiat. I converted some of my bitcoins already, but I saved some for the next event which is halving. I hope halving brings more money to me .
Activity: 465
June 14, 2016, 10:33:08 AM
Before i always spent my bitcoins and that whas becasue i had allot of them but when i want to buy from other people many of them scams me so i dont trust anyone else now.
Activity: 350
June 14, 2016, 10:33:06 AM
 I never spent bitcoins in real life and that is only because there are allot of people who want to steal mny coins online so i dont trust people who are selling shit online i dont want to buy that.
Activity: 952
June 14, 2016, 10:28:38 AM
Not for now cause the halving is here,,my btc are waiting for the halving ,and when the price is good i will sell them all ,cause definitely bitcoin can go down after halving.

Yeah may be we can see major price drop after the halving, so its better to sell our coins when we see higher price at halving, instead of holding it too long.
Activity: 126
June 14, 2016, 10:26:49 AM
Not for now cause the halving is here,,my btc are waiting for the halving ,and when the price is good i will sell them all ,cause definitely bitcoin can go down after halving.
Activity: 210
June 14, 2016, 10:06:11 AM
Yes and No.... I hoard some as an investment for the future, but the rest I spend when need be. My preferred payment method for gambling is bitcoins.  Reason being I get to keep my winnings in btc, I don't lose much, and I don't win much either. So it makes no big difference to my balance. And for now ( the past one year), most of my savings are in bitcoins. I bought @ $200/250. So you can imagine my excitement with the current price rise. If I decide to sell now, I won't have done badly, but Il hold for now. There is not much to spend btc on for now anyways,  but this could change soon.
Buying with $200 bitcoin value really worth it. Even I when it even hit $300 only I will buy too with atleast 2 btc. You really made a good decision there. Great move
Activity: 126
June 14, 2016, 09:59:01 AM
Definitely a wise decision.,you can be one of the millionare  bcause of the traits you have.
In my own i only use bitcoin to valuable things.
Lick me like a lolipop
June 14, 2016, 09:58:07 AM
yeah it feels when bitcoin prices rose very high like today. it is unfortunate when you want to spend bitcoin. I highly economical even for not too often in use in bitcoin transactions because each deal is now worth $ 0.07 LOL
Yeah! but actually the price is rising that big so it is not really advisable to spend, maybe spend only for emergencies or your basic needs but make sure you save a good amount of BTC for the future as the price will continue to rise accordingly.

Spending is not good at this stage as price is moving up now so I think you should hold your coins at a moment as price will keep on going higher in coming days.
Activity: 210
June 14, 2016, 09:57:05 AM
yeah it feels when bitcoin prices rose very high like today. it is unfortunate when you want to spend bitcoin. I highly economical even for not too often in use in bitcoin transactions because each deal is now worth $ 0.07 LOL
If this continue the transaction fee might get equal to $1. Thats a little bit painful in btc wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: