Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you always invest in top ranked coins? - page 6. (Read 26776 times)

Activity: 315
Merit: 12
September 10, 2019, 01:19:48 PM
There is no point of investing in secondary altcoins at the moment, because even the big coins cannot raise in price. BTC is the best choice for now and we would see what would happen in the future, when dominance decreases a little bit.
Bitcoin is certainly a market leader, but I would already begin to look narrowly at altcoins. After all, it is probably already clear that they will not be at such a low price mark all the time. Moreover, Bitcoin confidently stuck at 10k and flats here. This is clearly a good sign for altcoins.
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
September 10, 2019, 12:25:24 PM
There is no point of investing in secondary altcoins at the moment, because even the big coins cannot raise in price. BTC is the best choice for now and we would see what would happen in the future, when dominance decreases a little bit.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1
September 09, 2019, 12:57:27 PM
Recently, Yes, because a lot of money lost on all sorts of ico
Activity: 815
Merit: 101
September 09, 2019, 09:40:42 AM
investing in top-ranked coins now avoids speculation of large losses. right now I think maybe investing in top ranked coins is the best way than having to speculate investing in new coins that don't have a good future. so I think that's a good thing
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
September 09, 2019, 08:30:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

As advised I am trying to learn the basics of crypto first.

Most of the suggestions mention investing in top ranked coins. My question is, does it always work? As far as I understand, the market is vulnerable and affects almost all the coins from top to bottom. How then you determine which ones would stay ?

Yes everything is vulnerable to drops, and everything is volatile.
The point with starting with established high-cap coins is that the volatility is less at the top of the market. If we have a crash, then BTC will likely fall less than ETH and XRP, and then ETH and XRP will likely fall less than some random coin outside the top 100. There is also plenty of junk out there, so sticking to high cap coins means you're far less likely to buy something whose price will just fall to zero.
- Unfortunately, your thoughts have accidentally fallen into the trap of manipulators, investing in coins that have high market capitalization will help you avoid big risks but the value may still decrease over time, it does not return to zero but it only needs to lose 50-70% of the value in the long run, which is enough for you to be scared. Therefore, there should not be a grip here, based on the situation of the market and establishing investment plans, any coin can become an opportunity and a risk, you need to understand that and move quickly
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
September 09, 2019, 04:37:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

As advised I am trying to learn the basics of crypto first.

Most of the suggestions mention investing in top ranked coins. My question is, does it always work? As far as I understand, the market is vulnerable and affects almost all the coins from top to bottom. How then you determine which ones would stay ?

Yes everything is vulnerable to drops, and everything is volatile.
The point with starting with established high-cap coins is that the volatility is less at the top of the market. If we have a crash, then BTC will likely fall less than ETH and XRP, and then ETH and XRP will likely fall less than some random coin outside the top 100. There is also plenty of junk out there, so sticking to high cap coins means you're far less likely to buy something whose price will just fall to zero.
Activity: 336
Merit: 24
September 09, 2019, 03:56:26 AM
I have experienced a great loss, now I am trying to use the next opportunity to invest in top ranking coins because I minimize the risk and I do not want losses to occur again.
I also experienced the same experience as you, at that time I wanted to invest in the long-term, by buying a few coins to get a profit. But the situation is not as I wish, the coins I bought had a very drastic price drop, so that makes me lose quite a lot of money.
Now I buy some top-ranking coins, and prefers to invest in short-term time only, and the strategy worked, slowly I was able to get my money back.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
September 04, 2019, 12:47:44 PM
In the years 2017 and 2018 Maybe I'm more focused on investing in ICO's and not glancing at the coins that have entered the top rankings..  But for now, I'm choosing more focus on coins that are already in top rank only, such as LTC, BCH, TRON, and Ripple (sleeping giant).

I have experienced a great loss, now I am trying to use the next opportunity to invest in top ranking coins because I minimize the risk and I do not want losses to occur again.
ICO coins that I bought in the year 2018 a lot of worthless, and equal like you, nowadays I would prefer to invest in the top-ranking coin by reason of wanting to minimize the risks and losses I get.
Activity: 936
Merit: 100
September 04, 2019, 11:54:10 AM
copper member
Activity: 382
Merit: 0
September 04, 2019, 10:27:13 AM
Sometimes, I invest on top ranked coins but I am also investing on those coins that are what so called "sleeping giants" that could give 100x profit. So learn first to read the whitepaper and the management of the admins if they are doing their best to give products and real use cases.
Activity: 700
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
September 04, 2019, 10:08:28 AM
yes i always keep in the top rank coins because i'm sure it will make a lot of money here because it is very popular, so other people also prefer to invest in it than saga with no potential because it earns a lot more especially if in Bitcoin and Ethereum you invest.
Activity: 742
Merit: 10
September 04, 2019, 08:28:20 AM
Mostly people out there are give same advice like this too for people who worried about their funds will lost and who didn't know how choose good coins to invest in.
But for situation like now.. I think better you take a look on other new tokens/coins which that coins can give you some profits by trading it , there are few coins which good (for me) is Harmony , Lympo , and others.
Activity: 266
Merit: 26
September 03, 2019, 03:58:33 PM
It is very easy top coins most likely will give you less profit, the lesser coins have the option in future give you more profit. But beware, the lesser known coins can lose your investment much easier , this is why many will give you advice to invest in top coins not the bottom.
But currently me myself have investment in BTC and XRP because I think they will go up more.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
I am more interested in investing in top ranked coins such as ETH, BNB, WAVES, BCH, top ranked coins have a pretty good volume in each market almost 80% of investors choose to invest in top-ranking coins.data and analysis prove that top ranked coins quickly follow price movements Bitcoin.
Activity: 1121
Investing in Bitcoin and Ethereum are always a good idea. These coins are more secure and trustworthy. If you want to more profit, then you should study and research more about crypto-currency. Now a days, few coins are more profitable than BTC and ETH.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 255
the best choice for crypto investment is bitcoin. why bitcoin? bitcoin is the king of crypto! see when bitcoin goes down all altcoins also follow bitcoin, so if bitcoin dies I think all crypto will also die, and vice versa.
Activity: 994
Merit: 103
Top ranked coins is guaranteed that your investment wont be lost. Unlike coins out from top 100 its still risky investing on them. But there are still coins out from top 100 that can be worth investing because they continue to buidl.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
By investing into TOP ranked coins you are reducing the risk, but you should know that with a risk come also higher profit. That is why some unknow projects could make thousands of percents gain in few days.
Activity: 686
Merit: 10
Earlier  I have invested  in a lot of small coins, but in the end I lost a decent amount.
now I invest only in top coins

Through experiences, we will understand how the top-ranked coins and the low valued coin will work for us. So we should always target the coin that is generating higher volumes and with strong developments from their teams. Holding the top ranked coins is always good for the long term instead of low valued coins.
Activity: 728
Merit: 12
not necessarily successful if we invest in the top coins for the long term or short term. in my opinion the long-term investment is perfect for top-ranking coins such as bitcoin ethereum and XRP with large trading volumes. but if for the short term this is very loss because now the market is slow and less stable
Pages:
Jump to: