Pages:
Author

Topic: DO YOU BUY WHEN THE PRICE DROPS SHARPLY ? - page 25. (Read 4008 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 500
It depends on th situation, but generally yes, I buy when the price drops sharply. Just don't forget golden rule "Buy when everyone sells, sell when everyone buys".
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
Good day, mates.

My strategy is to buy coins when the price drops sharply.

Sometimes I fail, because the price drops more than I expected.

But, to prevent this worse situation, I put 30% of my budget at the time of initial investment.
If the price getting down again, I put 30% more.

With this strategy, I am getting some money so far.

In conclusion, I recommend you guys to buy coins when they drops rapidly.
After sharp drop, there should be sharp rising.  Cool

Yes of course, I buy in dip but when it drops sharply as you said, it is a different story. It is embarrassing so I better be prepared when the drops come again. Not all investors know about this that's why this thread should let them know that newbies should not put all in when it goes down because it may go down further.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
indeed it is one way to overcome loss and gain profit. can say that every there is a sharp decline then surely there will be reflection and rise again. I agree with your great way.
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
There's a good reason "Buy the F***ing Dip" is an expression.

It's seriously one of the very few trading techniques that's nearly guaranteed to give you a profit. I almost always set a very low price on a coin I like just in case there's a flash dip.

Activity: 252
Merit: 14
Good day, mates.

But, to prevent this worse situation, I put 30% of my budget at the time of initial investment.

You better know How to get profit if the coin is still dropping or dumping try to Sell Right now then if its drop again buy so the coin you are holding will be big and you can wait for the pump now, More Profits Right??
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
Well , they say never buy in top neither when it is on bottom , because if you are not sure it is the bottom it can goes deeper!
2 points are not very stable , very top and very bottom , between those would have less risk .
Well, you may not really see buying the bottom as a risk and I have noticed that any sharp drop sometimes, the market always rise up a little bit even if it wants to continue with the downtrend, but I will consider being careful with this option. I have seen drops before that really ended up dropping the more without coming back up you just have to keep holding and hoping it gets pumped back. Probably for a coin you are buying at the top on a daily chart.
Yeah dont just jump into conclusion but consider many factor why the particular coin dropping. Im interested in coins that currently in dips but before investing my money, I will make some research if it has potential or might be delisted in exchanges in days ahead. Not all coins are worth investing hence choosing the one that has potential is the task of trader.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
Well , they say never buy in top neither when it is on bottom , because if you are not sure it is the bottom it can goes deeper!
2 points are not very stable , very top and very bottom , between those would have less risk .
Well, you may not really see buying the bottom as a risk and I have noticed that any sharp drop sometimes, the market always rise up a little bit even if it wants to continue with the downtrend, but I will consider being careful with this option. I have seen drops before that really ended up dropping the more without coming back up you just have to keep holding and hoping it gets pumped back. Probably for a coin you are buying at the top on a daily chart.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
Good day, mates.

I usually do that many times. But most it end up dropping more that the time I invested. And until now still staying below to the price I bought it. Maybe it will take time to go up again. So I will just wait for the right time that it will go up a bit and withdraw it and invest it to other coins that has potential. I will try to follow what your strategy and maybe that will help me.
Activity: 382
Merit: 100
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy
Good day, mates.

of course I will buy coin when the price goes down because when the price goes down it is a very good chance to buy bitcoin, not only that when the price goes down also very many new players who panic sell and it's a good moment to buy coin.
In my opinion, all those who truly understands this concept of crypto currency and are there in this market since some period of time must be very well aware of the importance of buying the coins at time when the market value is falling down as this really gives you an opportunity of having a greater profit after some time when the market value will go up once again. You need to do that thing which can work in your benefit then.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
It has become a natural law in the science of buying and selling, buy when the low price low and sell when the high price of high. Chanya course, when we can know the price  already at the lowest or highest point.
It is always preferable to always take your time than trying to play with the markets sharp drop in price. I know most times, it recovers quickly anyway and that is also a strategy anyone can always use, most especially when you are buying in margin, knowing that you should at least get some profit on recovery from the sharp drop anyway and the more it drops, the more the profit on a candle still, that requires good timing of the market in that case but a lot risky.

When buying in margins with a sharp drop, but you really need to be very careful anyway and preferably play with support and resistance when you are buying or selling. There is always a chance that if a market is dropping, you can take advantage of that and buy when it dips hugely and sell when it goes back testing support as in most cases, it usually ends up doing that.

Nevertheless, consider what you are doing gambling since you are not really using any analysis to make your decision, that sharp drop may mean a lot of things, most especially in an altcoin market.
Activity: 218
Merit: 14
It depends on some different things i watch. Sometimes when a coin falls fast and deep, i dont buy because i think it will not recover anymore. So on december so many coins where on a high and after the dump they wil never ever get such a high, because the projects who are behind those coins are not worth the amount. So theoretical buying on dump is good, but theres always a fud behind and you think maybe the token or coin will not recover anymore.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
Good day, mates.

You can use this strategy if you are a day trader there maybe a sharp rise after the sharp fall but the change of again falling are also available,so I will say you have to buy when the price is stable or in recovery process which means not dumps the price is moving with 5% of swing is a good time to invest.But don't buy when the price is sharply bumping this is the many investors mistake later the price will get dumped like happened in Jan 2018.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
Yes I do. I think this is a good strategy. Crypto traders should buy when the price drops, as this is an opportunity for them. Because after the slump, the price increases again.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
Good day, mates.

Ofcourse everybody thinks to buy when the price drop sharply but some is doubting as we can see the proofs now after sharply down price of btc from $20k to $10k now not everybody grab this opportunity of down price but some of us making doubts.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
My strategy is to buy when the correction is over and the price going up for just like 20% and after growing it fall a little bit (like 10%) and this is my buy zone, after this the big boom follows
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
io.ezystayz.com
Good day, mates.

Thank you for your advice my friend i even do that. In my case i study first the history of the coin like a months ago and double check he’s marketcap in the time if i saw the price is good to buy then i buy it and hold for atleast 5 months to earn if not then i sell it back to the old price even i earn a little profit.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
If you know that it will go down what i usually to is short/sell when it's still high then long/short when it just spiked down which i get alot of profits but of course you need to have alot of money to trade to get alot of that trade.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
You should base your decision on its potential and not on its growth. Some investments are going down but has a huge potential to grow in the future which makes it the perfrct investment.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
What you are doing is actually my strategy before, buying coins when the prices drop and then when it drops even more I buy another set of coins around the same amount of bitcoins I previously bought it with. But I realized after that trading scenario wherein I should buy coins at a certain amount like 10%twice when it first drop, then set a buy order twice the amount of the initial amount so around 20% and so on and so forth until it maximizes my target amount. Diversification is always the best choice when trading.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
If you are doing this with good coins that people believe in, buying the panic is the safest thing you can do. Just looking at average panic drops of the past can give you 2 or 3 good entry points, and you will surely get a bounce that will make you good money.
Pages:
Jump to: