Pages:
Author

Topic: DO YOU BUY WHEN THE PRICE DROPS SHARPLY ? - page 27. (Read 4008 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 05:20:20 PM
i only do this for respectable coins, coz there's a chance of peaking and recovery. but for some alts, do it with caution, coz not all alts after reaching their peak (pumped), they remained at the bottom and still no signs of reversing.
Activity: 747
Merit: 101
February 28, 2018, 04:58:50 PM
Well, the drop of the coin should NOT be the only reason for you to buy it. Of course, now your strategy can work, but sooner or later you will just fail if you do not learn how to analyze the market. But there are always some exceptions, and if we are talking about Bitcoin or Etherium your rule can be applied, though this cryptocurrencies are not likely to give you x10 profit.
If it continue to drop then i just sell and buy back at lower price, then i have more quantity. but this is only applied to good coin
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
February 28, 2018, 03:10:52 PM
Well, the drop of the coin should NOT be the only reason for you to buy it. Of course, now your strategy can work, but sooner or later you will just fail if you do not learn how to analyze the market. But there are always some exceptions, and if we are talking about Bitcoin or Etherium your rule can be applied, though this cryptocurrencies are not likely to give you x10 profit.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
February 28, 2018, 02:23:10 PM
I take my time studying the market carefully before buying, and before this step I take good time to choose the coins or tokens to trade firstly. I am not forced always to wait until the price drop down to buy, sometimes I buy with the actual rates whenever I feel convinced that the coin have a promising potential.
Activity: 826
Merit: 252
February 28, 2018, 01:55:00 PM
Good day, mates.

My strategy is to buy coins when the price drops sharply.

Sometimes I fail, because the price drops more than I expected.

But, to prevent this worse situation, I put 30% of my budget at the time of initial investment.
If the price getting down again, I put 30% more.

With this strategy, I am getting some money so far.

In conclusion, I recommend you guys to buy coins when they drops rapidly.
After sharp drop, there should be sharp rising.  Cool

Agree with you and your strategy look's like martiangle money management, only fit for people with big money and have patience. Most people doesn't like martiangle because not have big money but just because they can't or wrong calculate percentage from their capital. Other wise, some of them take the wrong coin to invest/ trade. Next month I'll try this strategy because I have enough capital and know how to calculate. thank you for your post. 
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum
February 28, 2018, 01:38:56 PM
Good day, mates.

But, to prevent this worse situation, I put 30% of my budget at the time of initial investment.

It is a good strategy but only,when it goes right.Trading in sharp fall is done by many traders but they have lots of experience and knowledge about every coin.If coin that you have chosen faces a crash which is unexpected than what will you do.People who do this kind of trading has to have a good idea of where a market is going right now and this you can get by closely observing the trends of the coins.Soo my advice would be to play safe and if you want to trade like this than please acquire healthy knowledge about every coin.
Activity: 358
Merit: 118
February 28, 2018, 01:35:24 PM
Good day, mates.

All the business ethics deals with this point. Not only its's your strategy to buy coins when the price drops, everyone will think in think in this same manner only.

Your strategy should not be very vague only on the on price drop, its all depends upon the type of coin you deal with. Before you are buying a coin you should know all the ups and downs and all the wise knowledge about it.

No one can predict till how much the price will drop exactly, if it drops more than what you bought then you are lucky go ahead and invest some more and if it rise then you are more lucky that you made a profit over it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
LETS GO ADAB
February 28, 2018, 01:01:30 PM
Good day, mates.

Your strategy is good when buying at price dip but it is not applicable to all altcoins in the market. There are altcoins that goes drop rapidly because the dev abandoned the project. We always need a lot of research and analysis when buying an altcoins and trading an altcoins to prevent major loss Cheesy
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
February 28, 2018, 12:10:35 PM
No, I do not because I always do buy high sell low instead of buy low sell high, I cannot really control my emotions when market is dropping and I cannot help myself.
That's the problem you rule first the emotions when you are in buying and selling coins. Your style of buying high and selling low definitely not a good to adopt because this is a totally a big lose of money. Control your emotions and dont panic when market is dropping instead buy as much as possible as much as you can afford. Price will reoccur to a higher value though we cant predict when but it will take place.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
February 28, 2018, 11:54:23 AM
To lessen the risk you could cost average your purchases when you buy on a extreme dip like you are saying.  If you don't know what this is I'll give a short explanation.  Only buy 50% of what you want to spend on the big dip wait a little bit and then invest the rest. It's just a good tactic overall to lessen the risk on a risky move.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
February 28, 2018, 11:46:18 AM
Yes, I always try to buy the dips. The hardest thing about buying the dips is trying to predict the bottom, if you are too indecisive and decide to wait for the price to keep tanking it recovers and you are regret not buying.
Simply just buy it step by step, don't be greedy, don't put your money all at once, it's Often happens to every single person who for the first time try this method. You need to becareful and patient otherwise your target to chase the dips ended up with a mistake to cut the loss when it's actually ready to recovering.
Activity: 427
February 28, 2018, 11:32:48 AM
I check for the news that is causing the dip. If the coin is on exchange and if the news is of it being delisted then I wait for upto 50-60% dip, buy, wait for pump and sell. In certain cases the dip is due to coin coming out as scam, so no point in buying then. In other cases altcoins only dip when BTC is rising or falling too quickly, so wait for a real good average price to get into game.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
February 28, 2018, 10:59:42 AM
I think crypto investors should buy when the price drops. I have squandered a lot of opportunities before and I don't want to miss any opportunity in future.
Activity: 308
Presale is live!
February 28, 2018, 10:55:12 AM
Yes yes yes. I buy as much as possible, maybe I bought too much.  Not much fiat left, time to go up again..

Please bull market return, I beg of you. With bitcoin its always a good idea, with other things not so sure.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES
February 28, 2018, 10:47:17 AM
No, I do not because I always do buy high sell low instead of buy low sell high, I cannot really control my emotions when market is dropping and I cannot help myself.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
February 28, 2018, 10:29:30 AM
There are a lot of dependencies when it comes down to buying in when the price drops sharply, the first and foremost factor being the resilience of the token at question. Taking Bitcoin or Ethereum as an example, bearish periods are always overturned by eventual corrections and it happens real quick. The rebound in price should have great impact, nullifying the red zone and progressing towards a bull market. Only then will I be convinced to buy during sharp drops while being highly selective with tokens.
Activity: 186
Merit: 11
February 28, 2018, 10:26:59 AM
You should consider few things. first is coin daily volume.  If it's just 10btc or 20btc, its very risky to trade with such coin, if the daily volume is 100btc, its another talk and this is good indicator. Also, if the price drop's, you need to check the chart and see if it drops naturally and slow or if the panic happened. I would buy only if the price dropped but if dropping was fast and because of panic, this way buyers will hit and price will recover. Layering buys also very important. Because you could buy if the price drops 10%, but if you dont buy again if the price drops 20% or 30%, you could be stuck in your position. If you layer your buys, but not start layering too soon, you could save your ass. Also, I advise to trade with 10% of your bankroll.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
February 28, 2018, 10:21:06 AM
that is a super high risk strategy in my opinion. it may work but the chance of failure in such strategies are always much higher.

what you can do in case you wanted to stick to this strategy is to take some additional steps. for example see why the coin had such a sharp drop. for example if it is bitcoin you are talking about, a sharp drop can be because of some temporary panic sell or manipulation and you can be sure that it will reverse up because bitcoin adoption is not going anywhere and it has a good potential.
but if an altcoin, like one of those useless junks is dropping then it may be because it is on the track to the graveyard. so buying such coins means suicide!
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
February 28, 2018, 10:11:49 AM
Good day, mates.

Definitely a good advise because I do that myself. No one can tell what is the bottom price, so you have to do like some testing. Buy what you think is the bottom, then if the price goes deep again, but it more.

And I don't think that there is something special, its been proven already but a lot of members here that's why I try to adapt it myself.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
February 28, 2018, 09:26:08 AM
Ever heard of the saying/advice "Don't Catch a Falling Knife" well it applies to cryptocurrencies as well. Even though it has fallen a lot there is no guarantee that when you buy it will stop falling, that is why the best way to buy is when it has bottomed out already or when it is starting to recover, yes your opportunity to buy it at its lowest price is gone but it is more safer for your capital as you are sure that it won't fall deeper than you have expected. Do not be trigger happy when seeing it crashing as there is always the perfect opportunity to buy.
I never heard that advice before but you are right.

We don't have to but when the prices are falling the best state to buy the crypto currencies when it starts to recover so the chance of getting fall again is less when compared to the sharply falling coin.
Pages:
Jump to: