Pages:
Author

Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold? - page 41. (Read 4267 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 24
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
Now my 60% is in long term but also I have a 40% portion is in day trade nowadays.
I will remove my long term when I reach the necessary bitcoin targets in 4 steps than I will switch back day trade again and I will wait a bear run and a huge dip like at the beginning of the year again..
Activity: 254
Merit: 102
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
I prefer to keep my assets for so long until they make a minimum of +50%. I am not a trader, I am not interested, because this work is associated with risk and it is for gambling people.
Activity: 588
Merit: 106
When I first met with the crypto currencies, I spent a lot of time for day trading. Then I realized that the day trading people did not make money. I am now investing in long term. It is necessary to make the right decision when choosing Coin.

I also spent a lot of time and health on day trading. At the end of the year, I summed up the results. I would earn much more if I did not do anything and just kept coins  Grin
Activity: 128
Merit: 1
I trade in cryptopia. Just a few months ago I started cryptopia, it's easy and I'm not dizzy so much, I'm slowly trading in Hitbtc and Bittrex, and using analysis tools.
I like Hodl just crypto-coins very trustworthy.
Always in crypto-currency you have to invest and do trading, and be aware that you can lose some money.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
Well its depends on your vision, and the situation of that currency. In 2010 my friend buys bitcoin, and hold it till now. He sell all coins in 2016. So in this case Holding a currency is profitable Wink
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Personally I prefer active trading because it gives me more profit than hodl. But trading also has higher risks than hodl, so if you do not know how to\are afraid to trade - keep.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
I hold long term as I don't have necessary knowledge and experience for day trading, but honestly also don't feel like always checking the monitor and analyzing the charts.
If you dont feel always checking the charts its better to just do what you are doing right now. But ones you tried having a short trade its essential to always check the charts and analyze it for better profit to come. Sometimes experience can be a effective knowledge on trading.
If you have that knowledge then doing both long and short trades can be performed, most of the time those who invested with long term are getting influences from the white papers coming from the dev team, if project is so promising then holding it for long is very wise decisions, as we believe that
incoming days the value will rise to the peak that we really aiming it to reached, but if you are also got some good glimpse with short trade then you
can also perform it while waiting for you investment to increase.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I hold long term as I don't have necessary knowledge and experience for day trading, but honestly also don't feel like always checking the monitor and analyzing the charts.
If you dont feel always checking the charts its better to just do what you are doing right now. But ones you tried having a short trade its essential to always check the charts and analyze it for better profit to come. Sometimes experience can be a effective knowledge on trading.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
It's a good experience doing both, trading is quite risky and time consuming, but profit is good if you know what you're doing but also you can lose some too. Holding is the best option if your have the patience to wait for the right time on when to sell it.
Activity: 248
Merit: 1
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I prefer to do long term hold because I will have time to research the project well and know why I am investing in it.
Day trade to me is very risky, there is high possible that you will lose your money.
Activity: 225
Merit: 10
quarkchain.io
Im a hybrid investor and I decided based on the opportunity and the time I have available

I tend to prefer to HOLD, overtrading can be very risky in such instable market

I do use tools like Trading View and other when I trade to have as much data as possible and I cant wait to Signals ICO with their analytics tool!
Activity: 98
Why not do both? You can have your long-term stash, and you could have a special account just for swing and day-trading - that is if you are any good at reading the charts and determining sentiment.
Profits from day-trading could also be used to bolster your hodl stack, or be diversified to other tokens/projects.
Activity: 119
Day trading is too stressful for me. I rather HODL. So far it has been working for me. However, I do like to have some staking coins that give small rewards for holding.
Activity: 414
Merit: 107

Thanks

I prefer long term investment in cryptocurrency.holding coin is riskier than day trading,but there is a better chance to make handsome amount of profit.but sometimes day trading also good if you could choose the right coin.
Activity: 168
im prefer a long term hold , because i have no time to check the price all time , i just try to read a coin project and decide to invest or not
i think just like that

I think that's the safer option as well.

Daytrading would take too much time, money, energy and more... Grin
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
im prefer a long term hold , because i have no time to check the price all time , i just try to read a coin project and decide to invest or not
i think just like that
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I also prefer holding for long term rather than for short term trading, and currently holding both bitcoin and ethereum because I personally think these coins are the best among the rest. But there was a time last year when I wasn't that busy, I tried day trading for a week and tried to see if I could apply the things I learned from reading ebooks, and it was draining physically and emotionally because I get to sleep like early in the morning and wake up early so it tends to play with your mind especially if you lack sleep and you have to really focus on the dip and peak of the coin. That's why I preferred long term because you don't have to check on your coins every time and everyday.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
I trade as necessary, sometimes it can be every day, and in the last time I watch more and do my own affairs. Everything depends on the strategy and portfolio that will be initially. In order to trade, you need to be a good expert, but to collect a portfolio that, during the year will give a gain of two times it seems to me not difficult. Here everyone decides for himself, depending on the amount of time that can be given to crypto-currencies.
Activity: 52
for me i prefer long term investment, mainly because risk is very low in long-term investment. Long Term Trading = Low Risk = Low profit/ Loss  
Short Term Trading = High Risk = More Profit/Loss. and for long-term investment you don't have to spend this much time on daily basis.Once you enter a trade and decide to hold it for long-term, you will already have an exit price and stop loss price in mind.  just search for stocks in which you believe  that they would produce good result in near future.
Pages:
Jump to: