Pages:
Author

Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold? - page 36. (Read 4267 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 12
As i am involved in other activities, I would prefer to hold for long-term. I don't have time for day-trading, as for day trade you have to follow charts frequently.
Activity: 266
Merit: 108
Day trading is a lot of stressful. I have a regular job. I tried it. I can’t concentrate on my daily tasks when I have to monitor the charts all the time.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
https://adonx.one
Actually is better day trading if you can spend full times for that, because day trading with great strategy and good management of risk promising higher profit. But because i dont have much times to do day trade, i have to chooce long term trading by learn some fundamental of the coin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
I am really bad at trading, i suppose i don't have the so called skill required to be good at it, i tried though but i just don't fit. With that, i think it is quite obvious that i am more of a long term hold type of person and i personally prefer this, not because i am bad at trading, but because it actually suits me and my everyday activities including my job. I get to manage my time well and i don't get stressed too much.
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
I prefer long term hold so I choose my coins for long term holding. For me day trading is not that much easy. You have to watch it all day long. Personally I can’t do it all the time. So it’s better for me to go with long term investment. It can be slowly but if you can wait patiently you can get profit.
Activity: 779
Merit: 500
Before I deciding for long term or short term, I research first every coin I have. If I have coin that is quality and have many project for the future, and the team is very active. I'm holding it, but there are some coin that is not good for me, so that is for short term.
In fact, the primary point that will be affecting the result of your hold is the timing to get in the crypto itself. Remember there is a lot of people made wrong decisions to buy crypto at peak. They are not thinking about TA analyzation but they are only focusing on the fundamental analysis. This time they are loosing a lot from their initial investment amount.
This is a game of financial world. If no one loses money, you can not have profit. Thanks to the market give you chance to make money from the mistake of others, because it is not illegal job like scammer. You are just making money from your experience and the mistaken of newbie, others.
Activity: 205
Merit: 10
Daytrading is highly risk and you need a full time to perform it since the price of every cryptocurrency is always fluctuating and often wildly. So I prefer Hold strategy.
Activity: 490
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
I, like many smart people, prefer long-term investments, because I believe that it is long-term investments that can grow very well in value. But someone likes day trading, if they do it, then why not.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Neither hodling everything nor selling everything within the same day will work for everyone. It depends on people, some go with their own strategy. Some will lock up all their investment in secure wallet. Some of them buy when the price is low and sell when the price goes up. I would suggest that, each individual to come up with a strategy which works for them and which will be comfortable for them.
Activity: 101
If you are good at it, trading will make you a lot more money. That said, trading is difficult business. Many people, actually most, lost their shirts doing it. That might be okay for you in the nice climate down there but for most, a winter jacket is required. LOL

At the end of the day, I would be even a trader like you has some long term hodls in your portfolio.
Activity: 158
I prefer Long term to short term, but not all coin worth holding for  long, but i do make researches on coins on my portfolio to decide one to hold and one to trade.
I only hold coins of a very high potential to earn more profit.
Activity: 952
Merit: 253
Before I deciding for long term or short term, I research first every coin I have. If I have coin that is quality and have many project for the future, and the team is very active. I'm holding it, but there are some coin that is not good for me, so that is for short term.
In fact, the primary point that will be affecting the result of your hold is the timing to get in the crypto itself. Remember there is a lot of people made wrong decisions to buy crypto at peak. They are not thinking about TA analyzation but they are only focusing on the fundamental analysis. This time they are loosing a lot from their initial investment amount.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
its always going to be a long term if you want to profit more which is what you expect. you just can't see a token that will suddenly rise up to 50% right after you bought. unless of course its pump time. but coins that gets pump don't come along every day. you will always have to wait for maybe week, a month or months  Cheesy
Activity: 154
Merit: 25
Very good question. Personally, I'm inclined to think that holding is the best all round option: profitability it will probably outperform day traders over a long enough time span (years), and psychologically there is no comparison. Do you really want to be waking up in the night to alarms, checking your portfolio every 5 minutes, feeling your guts churn and spikes of adrenaline when the market goes against you?

Personally, I can't live like that. I have other commitments and things I need to focus on - plus, of course, I think it should be left to the pros, and pro I ain't.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
Crypto have been in a strong bull market for some years...

In a bull market the best strategy is to just Hold.
If this situation changes, other strategies will become better, but for now, hodl is the best option. Unless you are a professional trader, which most us are not.
Activity: 364
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks

I better play long term because the long term is better and less avoid getting stuck in a very expensive price. long-term play can train patience too.
Activity: 297
Merit: 102
Activity: 625
Merit: 250
io.ezystayz.com
for me, now i am learning know to trade, i just spend a little money trading to learn my own lessons , and the rest of my money, i invest in some good coins and hold for long term.
Activity: 147
I prefer long term holding.
But when I need to I trade daily.
Activity: 395
Merit: 100
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks

Each of these strategies is good. But we must understand that in order to achieve success in daily trading you need to have professional knowledge and good experience. This brings good profits, but the risk is also great. Hold is the easiest way. And sometimes he justifies himself.
Pages:
Jump to: