Pages:
Author

Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold? - page 38. (Read 4267 times)

Activity: 564
Merit: 104
When I was day trading I was mainly losing money. Now I've seen that if I hold long term instead, at some point I end up gaining. Therefore now my main strategy is long term.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
sell or exchange altcoin we have with the condition of the price is down I think less good and better hold them in our wallet while waiting for the price back up and sell it to get the profit we want
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
Im a long term holder but sometimes I do day trading if I see the market  have potential to gain me profit but right now I limit my trading because bitcoin is falling down and until now its not fully recover that cause falling of all altcoin in the market its better to hold altcoin or bitcoin for long term to gain a good profit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Well, in this case whichever works would be a fine option. If you prefer to have quick money, trading is good. If you like to grow investments, the long term hold will work to. At the end of the day, the results will be the only thing that matters...
Activity: 70
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
Each of these strategies is good. But we must understand that in order to achieve success in daily trading you need to have professional knowledge and good experience. This brings good profits, but the risk is also great. Hold is the easiest way. And sometimes he justifies himself.

Yep, day trading, unless following a group of professionals that gives you signals, it's a very risky business. Just do long term and you will do just fine.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
thats great, IMO I will choose day trading instead of long term holding. Although holding is safer way to earn money than trading but it takes really long time, sometime it takes months or maybe even years for holder to earn good amount of money. But with day trading, everyone can earn good amount of money everyday if they're a good trader and have big capital to trade.
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
I am a long term holder. For daytrading you need a lot of time, and when you work, its almost impossible to day trade. Because you have to be up to date the whole time. And other reason is, that i make much more profit with just holding then with daytrading. I think for daytrading you need alot of experience to generate a good profit.
Activity: 99
I prefer to hodl all the coins that I have. It takes too much time and attention to trade.
Activity: 56
I prefer holding long term
Activity: 110
Talking about bitcoin, probably the best strategy is to hold for long term. But it's a borng one :-)
So, I keep a part in long term investments, and I play with the rest jumping between altcoins.
Activity: 112

It is depends on the market situation,if the market is stable we can do an alts trading everyday but if the market is bleeding and unstable we should stick the solid coins just to be safe.
Activity: 854
Merit: 522
I am daytrading if i have got the free time because the weakness of day trading is must stay on the computers to see the movement of the price, but i am investors too for long time investment in some alternative coins and in the bitcoin, i love them both because i could made profit from short time investment and long term investment in cryptos coins. But everything depending on the strategy of investment every people.
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks

I am kind of doing both of it. But the majority of my holdings are for long term goals. Day trading is much better but honestly I do not have the skills that are needed for me to successfully earn profits through day trading. I attempted a few times before but at the end hodling could have made me more profit than day trading. I sometimes do swing trade though. But only if a certain coin I really am very familiar with goes down big. I buy during the dip and sell during the recovery.
Activity: 88
This differs from coin to coin. Some I hold on for a very long time. Like Btc

But on the other hand somecoins rise and fall within days so I make profit from them through day trading.

That is my technique. Maybe other people to not prefer it but still i do prefer it for myself.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
There is no one singular strategy that can deliver profit for you in cryptocurrency, you have to have mixture of strategies and wit for you to make anything worthwhile. Both holding and trading is one of many strategy to employ in your cryptocurrency investment.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
To me its just a know how as to what the crypto currency would offer to the real case use of the consumers thus holding it for a long term is my preference .
Activity: 210
as far as I know, in the long term has many advantages. With long term investment you do not fall victim against the dangers and I personally prefer long-term investments because I don't have a lot of experience in the trade are many. 
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Definitely long term holding is easier, safer, etc.

Day trading seems way more intimidating but I'd love to try, waste some money on it and learn from my mistakes though. Grin
Activity: 423
Merit: 118
For token I try to hold my token which price is too low and not stable but the token which have good price I sell it. But, for ETH and BTC I always hold it and I make that long term investment.
Activity: 326
Merit: 100
Indeed, some people do use trading as the main income. although at risk of course they are experts in this field so the loss is a common thing but of course the profits will get much bigger. but a long-term plan should necessarily be needed for everyone. I am also a trader but I also have long term plans for my future. therefore I have bitcoin for long term / future.
Pages:
Jump to: