Pages:
Author

Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold? - page 40. (Read 4267 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
Because I usually suck at trading I prefer to hold, it's the safest way for me. I could make more money trading, sure, but I could also lose everything, so I'm simply happy with what I have  Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
Hold seems to have done me very well. It is easier on the brain. Day trading is stressful. Both are gambling anyway. Good luck to you all either way.
Activity: 343
Merit: 100
Day trading while much more risky can lead to much greater returns. While a coin may grow over 100% in a few months let's say, it will have a cumulative volatility of much more than this amount.I am doing marginal trading when bitcoin's movements is predictable so i could have more bitcoin in my pocket.

I highly doubt, that day trading can lead to much greater returns, but I agree that is much riskier.
I don't have much experience in trading, and I am not very good at it, but I don't see it as much profitable as long-term investing, especially when take into account and the time invested.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Day trading while much more risky can lead to much greater returns. While a coin may grow over 100% in a few months let's say, it will have a cumulative volatility of much more than this amount.I am doing marginal trading when bitcoin's movements is predictable so i could have more bitcoin in my pocket.
Activity: 214
When i started out with Crypto 6 months ago, I spent a long time learning everything I could about cryptocurrencies, exchanges & trading. Once I was comfortable & gained some experience, I found myself day trading on a regular basis but I've found with time that I've really slowed down that activity & instead tend to now just focus on long-term holdings in select coins that have strong fundamentals that I strongly believe in. I'll still day trade from time to time if a good opportunity presents itself, but at least 95% of my portfolio is locked away on a hardware wallet for long-term safe keeping.
Activity: 392
I prefer to hold it for a while, this is useful so we get a good price or the best price. after knowing a good price, I will sell it slowly, not all at once. who knows later there will be a better price again
Activity: 350
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
i prefer long term cause day trading is too risky to lose  money. i been hold my coin since january when the market are red and i still believe the market will recover eventually. The others reason is cause i dont havr a time to keep looking on market. day trading is good to bring you fast short term profit but the risk to lose is high.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Honestly i do both .Long term holding has many advantages over day trading. It is much easier to identify coins that will grow longer term than those that will grow in the next 24 hours. For maximizing profit every investor have own policy . so take your own decession
Activity: 58
Both are good and safe day trade give you some money at the close of the day, for re-trading and buying new coins and long term hold give you big amount, only you have patient for long term,it is beneficial.

I used to trading in 2017 and now im just an investor but im going to start day trading again because its really work)
Activity: 262
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
It is possible and better, of course, to invest in altcoins for a long time, but their sale is sometimes caused by a justified decision. Therefore, the situation should be considered in each case and with each individual coin.
Activity: 336
Both are good and safe day trade give you some money at the close of the day, for re-trading and buying new coins and long term hold give you big amount, only you have patient for long term,it is beneficial.
Activity: 336
I still prefer to keep, do not waste time and nerves and worry again. And he put it and forgot for a month or more, about them and then, and then either weep or rejoice.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I do both at times. Normally I like to hold coins for long-term like at this time also I am holding many Altcoins for the long term and I am sure that these coins will give me good profit in the future. But sometimes when the market is in good swings mode I like to do day trades and I earn good profit from them.
Activity: 168
I'm more of an investor and a holder than a trader. I try to buy for a long time and wait one year. I make good money out of it.
Activity: 196
If you have enough time, it is more profitable to sell on a daily basis, but it is necessary to constantly monitor the course. If there is not enough time, then you can hold loyal coins
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
#41 Haga
now I prefer hold because market it is so volatile that it is very difficult to be in the right direction!
Probably in the future I could be more trader and less holder
Activity: 235
Merit: 101
a sharp sword
In such a growing market, it now makes sense to become a bull and wait for growth. Be patient and see how your capitals grow.
Dips from pumps will cause many people to lose their holdings. I just stay a holder without letting the price alter my emotions.
Activity: 616
Merit: 321
In such a growing market, it now makes sense to become a bull and wait for growth. Be patient and see how your capitals grow.
Activity: 784
Merit: 257
I think that only those people who have a large experience in trade can make daily trades. If you do not have the experience, it is better to buy coins and keep them for several months. This will save you from losses.
Activity: 363
SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN
When I first met with the crypto currencies, I spent a lot of time for day trading. Then I realized that the day trading people did not make money. I am now investing in long term. It is necessary to make the right decision when choosing Coin.

You are right about investing in long term holdings. But day trading is good for making money. I guess you were just not ready to do it profitably. but when you learn a lot more and have more experience, you can try again.
Pages:
Jump to: