Pages:
Author

Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold? - page 46. (Read 4267 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
I would rather prefer better long-term investments such as ICO than trading. Trading should be dealt with by a person who understands anything in this at least until I can tell you anything, because I just do not know how to trade

Only a person who has experience and knowledge can successfully trade. For beginners trading ends sadly. But you can be a good investor if you can find excellent coins. You just need to learn the coin, evaluate its potential to invest and wait for profit. It's much easier than trading.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks

yes I prefer trading with long-term play because the risk if we play long-term losses and we get a lot of profits but to play long-term you should be able and have patience and it is mandatory.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
OMNITY Knowledge, connected
With a so high volatility, that bring so many opportunities, it's a pity to hold for long term.
Eventually, hold part of capital, just to have a reserve, but use the rest to make profit daily.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
i prefer long term hold because i can get another profit while waiting for the profit or doing some bounty while waiting for it getting profits and getting more profits
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
You can do a 50/50 trade a coin for long term and a day trade. The profit of your day trade can buy more to hold longterm for a great profit. Just be patience in holding coin.
Activity: 74
I prefer you for long-term holding because it is more profitable and safe. Day trading is little risky and you can loose your money if you don't have any experience about crpyto.
Activity: 50
Personally I prefer to Hodl for long term.

I work full time and do crypto in my spare time, I think day trading doesn't just take up a lot of time, but you also have to be a very skilled trader to do it well. It is a very volatile market and so relies on luck, inside knowledge on how the market works / how to trade plus sitting at your computer all day monitoring it. I just do not have the time or the nerves to do that.
Activity: 434
I thinks long term is better than day trade because If you make day trade , You are always worried abot current stiuation so you may sell coin with fear. Long term holding almost never affect badly to you because this market improve itself every day.
Activity: 27
personally i prefer to long term hold.

i think most of them can be wort much more.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
I would rather prefer better long-term investments such as ICO than trading. Trading should be dealt with by a person who understands anything in this at least until I can tell you anything, because I just do not know how to trade
Activity: 154
Day trading while much more risky can lead to much greater returns. While a coin may grow over 100% in a few months let's say, it will have a cumulative volatility of much more than this amount.I am doing marginal trading when bitcoin's movements is predictable so i could have more bitcoin in my pocket.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
I have day trading because I think with day trade we can make our asset keep spinning. But I have hold some ETH in my side. I think the day trading or long term trading is same. It's depend to use to choise what we wont. If you not have time to watch coin movement, the best choice is long term. For me a day trade give me some fun, especially when our analysis is have a little wrong and we stuck in some coin.
Day trading and holding will be same only when you are capable of making professional like trading. I mean to say if you are a professional trader then you can find more profits by simply holding any asset.

When you are choosing highly established coin then you can simply hold them otherwise you can trade them more effectively like you can be sure all the times your coin will bounce back whenever you find a downfall. Buying and selling at right opportunity will make more profits than holding.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks

Both tactics are effective, but you need to be good at them. You can invest in a coin that is strong like Bitcoin and hold on to it for years and get profit, or you can invest in smaller coins like Monero or Ripple for example and see large bursts of profits in a short period. You need to see which strategy works mostly for you!
In my experience you cannot call both day trading and holding are effective. Because, so far, only holding for years have worked for me and I have faced losses all the times when I tried day trading. It may be completely dependent on individual's capabilities but I do see most of the people are sharing same thing. If you are about to start day trading then I will never suggest to go for it. Because holding will give you more profits than what you can get from your trading on daily basis.
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
of course HOLD!
Activity: 658
I have day trading because I think with day trade we can make our asset keep spinning. But I have hold some ETH in my side. I think the day trading or long term trading is same. It's depend to use to choise what we wont. If you not have time to watch coin movement, the best choice is long term. For me a day trade give me some fun, especially when our analysis is have a little wrong and we stuck in some coin.
Activity: 7
Im investing in ICO's mostly, and I prefer to take out my initial investment when the price is x3/x5. The rest I just hold for (semi) long term.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Thanks
daytrade is good as long as the market is moving up and down, better to have or choose a day trade with coins or tokens with less than 10 cents USD per token for a good and fast profit. but be careful because you might lose money too.
Long-term holdings are good for those token that has a promising project and development.
some of the coins that are good to hold are NEO, LOYAL, UTRUST and LALA.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
I prefer trading because it is more profitable and I earn daily income
Activity: 196

Thanks

Both tactics are effective, but you need to be good at them. You can invest in a coin that is strong like Bitcoin and hold on to it for years and get profit, or you can invest in smaller coins like Monero or Ripple for example and see large bursts of profits in a short period. You need to see which strategy works mostly for you!
Activity: 72
I prefer both tbh. Some coins are good long term holds and some are just for making a buck or 2 daily.
Pages:
Jump to: