Author

Topic: Do you even read whitepaper bro? - page 109. (Read 9187 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 06:08:47 PM
Ok so the TRUTH is that many of you dont read white papers, they are long and not really on point, that is completely right.

But you should have some place where to go when checking the viability/red flags of ICO projects. We are building solution like that base don due diligence done by experts and the crowd. But first we need to understand what you do before you invest.

Do you want to compare your experience with the questions we prepared? Do you look at right paramters of ICO projects?

Take this ICO investor survey, check it out and help us to build  a proper tool for ICO screening.

Thanks, cheers and may the force be with you!

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
Activity: 69
March 01, 2018, 06:07:09 PM
Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.
If you really want to your investment to be worth then you have to read the whitepaper then only you can get the clear idea about that project and can avoid investing your hard earned money into a scam ICO.So I will go through the whitepaper if Inwant to make investment on that project.

I would never invest based on the whitepaper alone. I read or at least glance at whitepapers to quickly gauge my overall level of interest. Grading them them as A or B and then doing further research for the A's. I use bitcointalk search heavily and find everything I can about the ICO. Also Reddit. Google searches sometimes turn up other resources.

I think it is also crucial to read up on the team and board of advisors. Check them out thoroughly and find out what they have done previously.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
March 01, 2018, 05:53:42 PM
Whitepaper is where all the informations needed to know more about the platform. and yes, I am reading the whitepaper so that I can at least know what is there purpose and how they can help the crypto world. This will also minimize to be the victim of scam. So, it is an advantage to read really the whitepaper.
Activity: 155
March 01, 2018, 04:05:05 PM
I prefer to read whitepaper because i have been a victim of scam. Now i am used to it because this tells me the quality of ICO. Just go through their clams and team members and what is there market value.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 11:34:17 AM
if im going to invest to a ICO i will do read the whitepaper to know where will be my investment will be going and to know if it a scam or not and read some whitepaper if im just joining a campaign there
Activity: 206
Merit: 101
March 01, 2018, 11:30:10 AM
I only read whiteppers of ICO's when I join on their bounty or if I see a potential ICO in which I want to invest .For investors is very important to read carefully the whipaper.Whitepaper is the trustworthy source of an ico.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
March 01, 2018, 10:50:59 AM
Well, I just give a look, but I've the impression they are all made with the same template, and that they are full of lies: copywriter have understood what people like, so the treat the whitepaper not as a project but as marketing tool.
This is disturbing and deceitful.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 07:48:13 AM
I always read the whitepaper. I need to know where I put my money. This is very important. I advise everyone to read the whitepaper. Roll Eyes
Definitely yes, i always read the white paper before i particpate on a campaign or when i participate on ico, i am believing thaf having a great white paper means a good campaign so my advice is always read the white paper so we can make sure that we particpated on a great campaign or on a great ico.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
March 01, 2018, 07:46:26 AM
Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.

Whitepaper is very important, but the team behind the project and how they market their project and platform is also very important, if you are going to invest, you need to read their roadmap because you will see if they are making progress on their roadmap
Activity: 224
March 01, 2018, 07:45:53 AM

There is no easy way in reading the whitepaper since it is the most important material before you invest in their project. You must really have to find time and go over with their project. But for me, I just focus reading on the real content, the real discussion on the features of the project or atleats you have read the summary. I also go over with the articles submitted by participants in their bounty.
Activity: 244
Merit: 101
March 01, 2018, 07:41:15 AM

I read whitepapers and I know that it can be a burden and a headache reading whitepapers over and over, but it really helps. There are other ways to know if an ICO is legit or safe to participate in, you could check their website, see if their project is unique and doable, see the dev team. Also when reading whitepapers try to identify the important facts and skip the things that you don't find helpful.
Activity: 644
March 01, 2018, 06:37:19 AM
Rading whitepaper should be ignored by any serious. Whitepaper gives you an insight into where and what you are putting your hard earned money into. I don't joke with that at all for where my treasure is there my heart will be. But there are many projects out there I don't even waste my time considering them nor reading their whitepaper based on first impression usually from their website, team and some other publicly available information
and here there is nothing strange, because the technical documentation that exists in free access for those who want to participate in the project will read everything. And this is already the rule for a successful investor or trader.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
March 01, 2018, 06:19:02 AM
Rading whitepaper should be ignored by any serious. Whitepaper gives you an insight into where and what you are putting your hard earned money into. I don't joke with that at all for where my treasure is there my heart will be. But there are many projects out there I don't even waste my time considering them nor reading their whitepaper based on first impression usually from their website, team and some other publicly available information
Activity: 14
March 01, 2018, 06:06:03 AM
I definitely read whitepapers before I get involved in ICO. Whether it's gonna be as an investor or a as a bounty hunter, you have to take your time for research in order to avoid scams or bad surprises.
Activity: 150
Merit: 2
March 01, 2018, 05:59:40 AM
Not only you have to read the whitepaper, but you need to check if what is written is real or just fantasy!
90% of ICO are scam or poor projected, and don't have any chance to succeed, so it's better to detect the losers one from the beginning.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
March 01, 2018, 05:11:31 AM

Will if you dont want to be scammed you should patience reading on it. Because other whitepaper are copy on other Intial Coin Offering (ICO). So it means that i ICO is a scam. They also said that if you see ang misspelled words in there or wrong grammar it might be a scam.
Activity: 272
Merit: 1
"simply getting the job done"
March 01, 2018, 05:01:51 AM
I have actually tried this out on different occasions trying to read the whitepaper of many ICOs. Sincerely, its tiring and cumbersome. For anyone to read through, it will require serious commitments and diligence. Despite the rigorous process anyways, I think one of the wisest thing to do before investing in any ICO is to check the Whitepaper/roadmap, to be saved from a later rigors in case the ICO is a scam or shit.
Activity: 154
March 01, 2018, 04:38:42 AM
no need to read everything unless you want to create an article, just read the thing that matters only and captures what the intention and purpose of the whitepaper.
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System
March 01, 2018, 04:29:04 AM
If you don't read white papers, you deserve to lose money. Learn how to speed read for the important facts and skip the junk.
It is possible to write everything you want in the whitepaper, reading it will not prevent you from investing in to scam. As I have said the main factor is reliable and trust worthy people in the team, whom already has a good reputation.
Activity: 164
Merit: 2
March 01, 2018, 03:25:03 AM
If you don't read white papers, you deserve to lose money. Learn how to speed read for the important facts and skip the junk.
Jump to: