Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 5. (Read 51002 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 0
I think bitcoin and altcoin have different approach in our market. Bitcoin is the superior among all the cryptocurrencies but I must say, altcoins have a chance to stand against in bitcoin. There are few altcoins that I am eyeing, first is the Ethereum and the other one is Litecoin.
Activity: 98
Its really difficult to predict what will happen in the future. But if there is one thing i can predict would be that bitcoin is certainly here to stay. Its value is simply based on scarcity and its name and brand.
Activity: 518
Merit: 104
PUFFY FINANCE
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Nope. Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency and paying for high transaction fees will never be a problem once the Lightning Network is ready. even now with the SegWit fully support by bitcoin core, it reduces 90% of bitcoin transaction issues from paying high fees to slow speed. The Lightning Network will solve every bitcoin issues and the bitcoin transactions will be faster, cheaper, and smoother than ever.
Activity: 188
Merit: 12
Ethereum maybe, but i think all of crypto depends on bitcoin. Try to notice when bitcoin price plunges the price of alts goes down as well so in my own opinion they cant compete against bitcoin (so far).
Activity: 93
Merit: 2
for me. I do not know what the alts are all about. but now let's admit that bitcoin has not been able to get the alts. and no altcoins are as bitcoin as today. Because bitcoin is now the crypto currency with the greatest value and it can grow even further.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
We can't really based that the current success of some altcoins today might have chances to go against bitcoin.In fact there are several altcoin that is more advance than Bitcoin. now I do not think that it will come again with that fashion or any other coin will have the chance to stand against bitcoin to compete it or to take the place of it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
All altcoys, no matter how impressive and useful in terms of application they are, will always be number 2 after bitcoin. The connection between bitcoin and other coins is also in the technical aspect.
Activity: 159
the possibility is always there but for now, altcoin against bitcoin is highly unlikely because bitcoin is the world's first digital currency and is first known to everyone, so altcoin against bitcoin is very difficult to happen.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
I think no, bitcoin and altcoin are mutually beneficial relationships, it can be seen that when bitcoin prices go up the altcoin price also rises and vice versa, bitcoin will always be the parent and the main reference for altcoin.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 106
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

It is not because of high mining fee only. Alt coins are very cheap and you can get a number of coins even with small investment. When the coin rises by 30-40% in a week or so, you can cash all coins and book good profit. In case of bitcoins, you will have to wait for this growth to happen. This can take months or even more at current bitcoin price levels and thus experienced investors are preferring alt coins.
Activity: 126

There is a possibility that alts have chances against bitcoin. Like for now, bitcoin's price dropped. We know that it's not permanent and it would bounce back soon. But most people can afford other alt coins because its cheaper.
Activity: 166
Actually, there are a lot of potential alts that is better than Bitcoin. In everyday people are getting smarter. So it is not impossible that there will come a time that alts will be better than Bitcoin. But I still believe that Bitcoin is the king of all.
Yes I agree with you. For me ethereum has the biggest potential to replace btc. But, I think it is impossible to happen because bitcoin has already gained its momentum of being the choosen one, with the highest market price compared to other coins. As we see the downtrend of price today, almost all alt coins seems to become worthless due to crisis that affect all cryptos. But still btc has the strength to withstand all these.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
It was with bitcoin that a huge investment interest began, which is now observed in the crypto-currency market. The digital money industry, which has reached a capitalization of $ 400 billion, owes this to bitcoin, who was able to draw attention to projects such as Ethereum. The emergence of the market of altcoyins was made possible by bitcoin. All altcoys, no matter how impressive and useful in terms of application they are, will always be number 2 after bitcoin. The connection between bitcoin and other coins lies in the technical aspect.
Activity: 306
Merit: 15
It's hard to tell what will happen, we will not know how much Bitcoin has been up to Altcoins, but I think the altcoins will overwhelm the Bitcoin, as many people are trading on Bitcoin.
Activity: 266
I think it's going to be very difficult if altcoin goes to bitcoin, so there's little chance of altcoin against bitcoin, because now the bitcoin price is much larger than the altcoin price, so for now I think altcoin is still under bitcoin and it would be hard to fight bitcoin.
Activity: 123
Apps Development Automation Platform
maybe yes, maybe no, in cryptocurrency is full of unpredictable things.. yes right now bitcoin have a power in price than altcoin. but always there is possibility, maybe one day with low price of the altcoin than bitcoin, make altcoin being favorite for everyone and make the altcoin trading being success and liked for many people and impact to the trading being bigger. so maybe in this position altcoin can against bitcoin which have high price and limited customer.
Activity: 122
Merit: 12
It can't really be predicted but anything can happen. Though, one thing I am sure of is that the players and investors in the bitcoin community won't want that to happen. I may be wrong though, cause from the look of things, some altcoins are beginning to gain some grounds which I am sure bit coin price is one of the driving factors but what I can't say is the other factors that may as well be driving them and how strong those factors are, compared to bitcoin's effect on them.
Activity: 322
Merit: 16
Alts have a big chance against Bitcoin because there's only 1 Bitcoin, but thousands of altcoins. Some are trash, we know. But some are actually very good with privacy or contract code features. I'm sure altcoin will beat bitcoin sometime in the future.
Activity: 714
Merit: 107
Bitcoin has already gained very great popularity. I do not think there is a currency that can beat the bitcoin from the first place. Yes, it has drawbacks with a large payment for transactions. But it also has great reliability
Activity: 112
I think if an altcoin is going to rival bitcoin it will need to do something unique, have a specific purpose and not just be a copycat of bitcoin. 

ETH as an example is doing just that, I do think at some point we will see a newcomer that will outshine bitcoin but when is the question.

It's almost a year after. Do you think any altcoin currently has what you describe as "having a specific purpose" asides ETH that you already mentioned? I want to say EOS because it seems to be an improvement on ETH but I would like to know your thoughts.
Pages:
Jump to: