Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 8. (Read 51002 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 107
Maybe yes. Bitcoin also start from zero with no popularity and able to survive until now because there are user that used it for transaction, when the user feel bitcoin is not useful anymore they will dump bitcoin and look for another coin or altcoins. As we can see few weeks ago when bitcoin price fall down, a lot of alt coin price go up, this indicate that there are a lot user buying alt coin for investment, so there is a possibility for alt coin replacing bitcoin, but it is not that easy because many would still prefer to invest of bitcoin because it is a long term investment.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
Both built on blockchain, but i think people will actually prefer Bitcoin all the time, Bitcoin is accepted by people whoever is indulged with Cryptocurrency, whereas the about Alts, it varies from people to people. It will only have a chance if the alt is considered and accepted similarly as Bitcoin.
Many altcoins have chances, but still I think it will be competition for Bitcoin
Bitcoin is the most popular in the market so that's obvious that it's widely accepted.
What I am seeing is that in the future people will be more educated and they will see that altcoins has a better future as well
since alts has different purpose also.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Both built on blockchain, but i think people will actually prefer Bitcoin all the time, Bitcoin is accepted by people whoever is indulged with Cryptocurrency, whereas the about Alts, it varies from people to people. It will only have a chance if the alt is considered and accepted similarly as Bitcoin.
Many altcoins have chances, but still I think it will be competition for Bitcoin
Activity: 252
Merit: 44
I think there is a chance, Bitcoin is already becoming huge and not agile and not so functional already for real needs, unlike other coins, but he laid the beginning of the technology that changed the world!
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Of course, alts have the future. Many of the will sonn be history, but some will rise to the sky.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1001
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Currently there is a start of resistance that is not directly done altcoin to bitcoin. Currently the bitcoin value is retained, but there are some stable and increasing altcoin, if this happens it is not impossible that bitcoin may be eliminated.
Bitcoin is good but today, its system is worse than the new system of altcoin. I disagree the value can decide the ranking of cryptocurrency on the cryptocurrency world. For me, it is worthless for the growth of cryptocurrency. As long as which coin can help much things for the world, it will be the best.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Its not impossible that bitcoin will be dethroned if it became slower and costly and there are alts which will emerge as faster, efficient and cheaper. But i think bitcoin will not let that happen.  Those potential alts will rise and grow soon but its been a long journey for bitcoin and in order for the other alts to catch up it would take them years from now more so to topple bitcoin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 101
I'm sure that at this and a few years it will be hard to replace bitcoin with other coins, the main reason is that bitcoin is the standard price for all coins and all exchanges make bitcoin as the main trading.
Activity: 154
Its strengths is its endurance to maintain its ground to hold its value even if many altcoins, and even the market, is dwindling in value. And, it would also depend on the recognition and support people.
Activity: 420
Merit: 134
Of course, Bitcoin is slowly decaying because of its fee and slower transaction due to incoming forks/demands and traffics. The no. 1 Altcoins that can surpass Bitcoin is ETHEREUM because of its fast transaction and low fee and almost all upcoming and ongoing ICO is using ERC20. ETHEREUM is mostly used in trading but bitcoin is being the base of cryptocurrency value.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Currently there is a start of resistance that is not directly done altcoin to bitcoin. Currently the bitcoin value is retained, but there are some stable and increasing altcoin, if this happens it is not impossible that bitcoin may be eliminated.
Activity: 182

There are potential altcoins in the market right now that are promising and maybe rise from its current value but to outgrow bitcoin value is impossible for now.
Bitcoin has a well-established reputation and its current value is unstable, it will probably rise up then its usual value due to its increasing demand as days go by.
Etherium could catch up but it's still too early to speculate.

I agree I do not think Bitcoin will be replaced by other coins. Although many other coins that the development is good enough but if to pursue Bitcoin, certainly takes a very long time and a lot of obstacles. For me, Bitcoin is the best coin.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
I feel there are enough people to have multiple currencies at the top. Bitcoin is dominant now but it has many drawbacks which make some people wary of transacting in bitcoin. This is the gap which others will fill. There will be a time when we will reach maximum supply beyond which the transactions will be difficult to handle. Bitcoin also has a low transaction speed. Eventually there should be 3-4 major players followed by 4-5 little league players which will be abenefit for all as there will be no one thing that controls all the wealth even though it is not a human Smiley
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
Hard to speculate about future. We all can see that bitcoin right now is not exactly the best payment option or a currency.
BTC is better suited to be an safe haven asset, capital investment and long term option for hoarders.
Bitcoin is not doomed yet (Japan adoption!), there is still time to fix scaling problem and reach total dominance over altcoins.
But if the scaling war will continue for extended period of time, it is possible that ETH, LTC or DASH will take over BTC dominance.

That's right; however, I could say that there is always that chance for altcoins to be able to catch up to Bitcoin or at least be able to match its value. Take Ethereum for example, although its climb is slow and steady, if it will continue its path, I think it can reach a point where it can get good value since one of its strengths is its endurance to maintain its ground to hold its value even if many altcoins, and even the market, is dwindling in value. And, it would also depend on the recognition and support people will give any certain coin in the market, just as much as Bitcoin received massive support that helped its rise to power, if an altcoin would gain the same, then there is a chance for it to rise up like Bitcoin did.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1

There are potential alt coins in the market right now that are promising and maybe rise from its current value but to outgrow bitcoin value is impossible for now.
Bitcoin has a well-established reputation and its current value is unstable,it will probably rise up than its usual value due to its increase demand as days go by.
Etherium could catch up but its still too early to speculate.
Activity: 406
For sure the transactions fee really got me up set when i did a transaction the fees were like hell, i regret trading my coins to Bitcoin i should have trade it to Ethereum before selling it to my local currency because selling bitcion to my local currency the fee is higher than Ethereum
Activity: 280
I think maybe Etherium has a chance to surpass Bitcoin, but not any other altcoin can do this. Bitcoin's price is too high to beat and also it's the first coin and all altcoin trade system depends on its price.
Activity: 798
I think chance altcoin to rising is wide open but not to againts bitcoin because they have their own market. Many altcoin have great project and have a product but under the radar, I am believe that altcoin with product will rising soon many investor know about their product and their project
Activity: 54
Chances of alts to rise is there but you don't have to worry about it as most of us are making bitcoin as our main crypto. And the whole market is centered for using bitcoin.I've been looking at the alternative technologies to see if I might be able to get in on the ground level of something great.
Activity: 60
 I haven't seen businesses moving their funds to alts when they know to convert to fiat, most of the alts will still need to be converted to Bitcoin first. For me, Altcoins will take a lot of time and development in order to become another type of king of the cryptocurrency markets.
Pages:
Jump to: