Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 56. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
If you would just look at xem, it has solved the problems that bitcon cant solved. try reading and researching xem(new economy movement) you will know that it has potential to rise. it already rose 10,000% since 2014 so this means that it has a lot of potential to be one of the trusted coin in the future.
Activity: 440
Bitcoin's not going anywhere.  It's the gold standard.

I think there is room for "alts" if they can do something better than bitcoin can, or if they can do something that bitcoin can't.

The obvious thing is low transaction fees for smaller payments.  Bitcoin seems to be giving up that segment at the moment, though it's possible it could reclaim it in the future.  Now's the time that an "alt" could gain traction here.

The most exciting new thing, though, and something that bitcoin doesn't really do at all, is smart contracts.

I think Ethereum is the start of this, and those that build on it and expand the contract functionality have a lot of potential.

I agree. Altcoins represent their own unique qualities but they are still not closed to bitcoin. From their name they are just an alternative.

I agree , bitcoin will always be the pioneer of all coins , it has the most numerous number of participants and the most investment value, bitcoin is the father of all alternative coins, i think alt coins are depending on bitcoins , it cannot change bitcoin , bitcoin has a stronger market value. and been strongest among all alt coins.
Yes I believe that the bitcoin is the strongest among st all. The bitcoin no doubt is the pioneer of the crypto currency due to which it has many advantages as compare to the alts and this is the reason why people like and trust it more than the other digital currencies available in the market.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
Yes i see alts have chances against bitcoin because there is a lot of alts in the market and it is very easy to find better alts than bitcoin and for sure you can easily find it out too so i think some alts have chance but bitcoin will still dominate them.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Depends on the focus of such cryptos. Currencies attempting to be a storage of value may encounter major problems competing with Bitcoin, but I see a certain potential for currencies focused on microtransactions and decentralized digital assets.
Activity: 378
There were a lot of new invented cryptocurrencies , some altcoins gather trust already and some were just for test yet bitcoin still in demand since already proves how helpful and trustful bitcoin is even with flows its experiencing in service now.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
coin now emang rival bitcoin then something unique must be needed so that having a specific goal gar does not become a bitcoin imitator.
klf
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
We are see some altcoins getting very close to cross the market value of bitcoin, but with a huge difference in the price, and well there are some altcoins that can replace bitcoin, since they have what crypto always wanted, fast transactions and low fees.

Today I paid $1+ fee to send $4.4 to someone. Not bitcoins are no more attractive to send smaller payments so soon or later some other altcoins will pick up for these smaller transactions. I see the potential in ETH. I was using all the while XAPO for sending smaller transaction and didn't notice the pain but today they started charging fee for all transactions and noticed this high fee too expensive and it is worst than Paypal fees now. I paid almost 20% fee for this transaction.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
We are see some altcoins getting very close to cross the market value of bitcoin, but with a huge difference in the price, and well there are some altcoins that can replace bitcoin, since they have what crypto always wanted, fast transactions and low fees.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
There is always a possibility that alts chance to risen up against bitcoin. As we can notice others altcoin also pumped like bitcoin that continuosly rising. Though, we cannot predict its time when it will be dump but the thing is grab the chance while we can.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
Its all a business, bitcoins have his own profits and positive trendings and of course is the vitual coin with more value in the market, others altcoins will low their prices and minning cost to compete againts bitcoin, but bitcoins will always be more value than the others altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
Yes. There are a lot of coins with huge potential.
ETH, XRP, DCR, LTC with recent pump, and future launched coins may be able to rise like BTC. Maybe not reach Bitcoin, but still have a big value in the market.

That digital currencies has huge potential, no one can deny that, but they don't have any chances agaisnt bitcoin, and if they do, they must have done it by now with the bitcoin has many problems. And I don't think that it has a chance, the way we call it, altcoin, it is just an altcoin.

Of course, altcoin and bitcoin both have a good position and potential.
Now a days, bitcoin is going up and also altcoin same going to up. It is a time to earn from altcoin and bitcoin. But it doesn't mean that any other digital currency will come to competitive with bitcoin.
Not a talk, bitcoin always on the top, but now altcoin is also pumping.

yes they have both potentials, but the fact is they are against each other but bitcoin will take a lead, bitcoin has the highest amount in the market it cannot be replaced by any coin now.

There is no such things as replacing bitcoin with Altcoins I think that the reputation of Bitcoin is too far ahead than that of Altcoins and bitcoin has many users and a lot is trusting bitcoin that is why I think that the possible out come is we can never really see a glimpse of an Altcoin would really take the position of bitcoin but both are a source of income for many and I think that if there are possible spike getting up in the movement of bitcoin there are a chance an Altcoin would move an inch because there are an interaction with both parties.
copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270
ETH, XRP, DCR, LTC with recent pump, and future launched coins may be able to rise like BTC. Maybe not reach Bitcoin, but still have a big value in the market.

That digital currencies has huge potential, no one can deny that, but they don't have any chances agaisnt bitcoin, and if they do, they must have done it by now with the bitcoin has many problems. And I don't think that it has a chance, the way we call it, altcoin, it is just an altcoin.

Now a days, bitcoin is going up and also altcoin same going to up. It is a time to earn from altcoin and bitcoin. But it doesn't mean that any other digital currency will come to competitive with bitcoin.

yes they have both potentials, but the fact is they are against each other but bitcoin will take a lead, bitcoin has the highest amount in the market it cannot be replaced by any coin now.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Altcoins don’t have a chance against Bitcoin because they don’t have any new material to bring to the table. Bitcoin was pretty much the original code that allowed people to base that code to make their own coin called Altcoins.
Since these different Altcoins are out on various Bitcoin Exchanges have similar code to Bitcoin and use Bitcoins Blockchain technology then there won’t be a Bitcoin 2.0.

The only thing an Altcoin could have to overrun the code of Bitcoin would be having enough hype to make Bitcoin look unpopular.
This is not 100% correct. Bitcoin may have been the first and so is considered the mother of cryptocurrencys. However, there are already better developed altcoins that are somewhat better than Bitcoin, with lower fees, faster confirmation time, smart contracts and other features.
Activity: 891
Altcoins don’t have a chance against Bitcoin because they don’t have any new material to bring to the table. Bitcoin was pretty much the original code that allowed people to base that code to make their own coin called Altcoins.
Since these different Altcoins are out on various Bitcoin Exchanges have similar code to Bitcoin and use Bitcoins Blockchain technology then there won’t be a Bitcoin 2.0.

The only thing an Altcoin could have to overrun the code of Bitcoin would be having enough hype to make Bitcoin look unpopular.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

Activity: 504

I know at the end bitcoin will always be the first and most valuable coin. But this doesn't change the fact that there are tons of altcoins with great potential. So, who knows how much a altcoin can be worth in the future?

bitcoin will always be a leader for crypto currency and altcoin will follow bitcoin. if altcoin is really worth in the future, its still can not against bitcoin because altcoin have a different things than bitcoin but altcoin can help traders to gain profits as much as they can. with altcoin, we can trading altcoin with bitcoin to increase our bitcoin.
although the opportunity is always there but by studying the the position of bitcoin and some other good potential altcon, i think it is very clear that bitcoin is the number one currency of the world and will remain as number one currency, because people are giving more preference to bitcoin as compare to other crypto currencies.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
Bitcoin dominance is down to 48.6%. First time in history.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Bitcoin will always be the top cryptocurrency, alternatives are just copies of it or scamcoins. No altcoin will ever get past Bitcoin, even if it has some problems right now, but the problems will be fixed soon enough. No large company that accepts Bitcoin will ever accept some altcoin.

It is the king of all crypto currencies so why there's no chance of a new crypto currency or an alt coin to replace bitcoin from its current position and popularity. I don't focus with negative things about bitcoin instead of thinking about it, go for the positive way everything about it.
As said bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrencies. The altcoins were just the followers which got developed based on the bitcoin's technology. In reality altcoins support in the growth of bitcoin with the competence, but at any stand this won't​ make bitcoin fall to altcoins. Altcoins always serve as an alternate to bitcoin, same as bitcoin serves to the traditional currency.

Where and when did you said that bitcoin is the king of crypto currencies? Well surely it is the king of those alt coins. And ever alt coins got the whole idea of blockchain technology through bitcoin so there will be no doubt that alts doesn't have a stance against bitcoin. They are good for whatever purpose they have been created and some are just good for trading.
Activity: 462

I know at the end bitcoin will always be the first and most valuable coin. But this doesn't change the fact that there are tons of altcoins with great potential. So, who knows how much a altcoin can be worth in the future?

bitcoin will always be a leader for crypto currency and altcoin will follow bitcoin. if altcoin is really worth in the future, its still can not against bitcoin because altcoin have a different things than bitcoin but altcoin can help traders to gain profits as much as they can. with altcoin, we can trading altcoin with bitcoin to increase our bitcoin.
yes there is no doubt about the fact that bitcoin is the leader of all the crypt currencies, but still the alt have the chance to become number one. but it depend on the interest of the people and currently the interest of the people is toward bitcoin.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Honestly, there's very few people that sincerely believe in the coin that they are holding.

Logically, this also applies to all the Bitcoin holders/evangelists in this forum.

In particular regarding the dysfunctional state of Bitcoin as it is right now (let's hope, something magical will happen very sun) ought to raise  some red flags about it's Future.

Altcoins are not following bitcoins at all since

Let's hope so. It's hard to imagine that these will behave as unprofesional and disrespectful w/r to their user's basic need -- being able to transfer money, that is -- as the Bitcoin-Gurus.

The chances that Bitcoin might lose any trust forever are obvious. This doesn't imply that the other Cryptocurrencies may gain anything from it: Bitcoin is on the way of jeopardizing the Reputation of digital or decentralised currencies of any kind.
Pages:
Jump to: