Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 78. (Read 51050 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
The problem with the altcoins is they don’t have the same popularity like bitcoin and don’t have that much business supporting them so people find places to spend their coins on, so with that even if they become viable they won’t have as much users as the bitcoin.

I kind of don't think that the popularity is the problem, but rather the user base. Almost everyone that's using bitcoins also know of ETH, Dash, and LTC, or any other major coins. They've heard of it and probably even know how they work but they are not using it. Altcoins are also pretty popular but people are far too loyal with bitcoins to get out of their comfort zone and start using an alternative coin.

However as the time goes by and people thinking that the bitcoin won’t last forever and it will become harder and harder to get they start switching to the altcoins and then they will stand a chance, but I don’t see that happening any time soon because most of the people are focusing on getting as much bitcoin as they can.

If bitcoin won't last forever, what will? Most altcoins are based on bitcoin's concept. Try looking at altcoins and see how many of them die every single day. Bitcoin is still the strongest one, as of now at least.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Any alt that can do something bitcoin cannot or that it can do it better than bitcoin has a chance to capture  a niche of the market but that is what they are niche coins, look at monero, monero is great and it offers an higher degree of anonymity than bitcoin but it does not seems it is going to displace bitcoin anytime soon.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
I don't see any altcoin that could be bitcoin competitor as long as we talking about cryptocurrency as currency, not investment or trading goods.
But, few altcoin have great potential in new innovation, big community/supporters and stability such as Ethereum and Monero.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
I don't see any altcoin that could be bitcoin competitor as long as we talking about cryptocurrency as currency, not investment or trading goods.
But, few altcoin have great potential in new innovation, big community/supporters and stability such as Ethereum and Monero.

My opinion is the same, bitcoin don`t have competitor in this moment, and even there is some good alt`s I don`t think about them as a threat for bitcoin at least not in near future.
Bitcoin will always be number 1, and this world is big, there will be a lot of space for some other alts. Who would say that bitcoin price will be +1000 dollars, and some alts like dash, zcash, ethereum cost +30 dollars at the moment.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
At this moment many altcoins posses better technology then Bitcoin, but Bitcoin is still ruling the complete crypto scene. Honestly I don't see this changing now or within 3/4 years.
If the core team would focus more on usability of the wallet, it may never happen.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
https://boscoin.io
The main goal of an altcoin is to be a better option to a specific gap that BTC can't properly handle. When we focus only at the price tag, I believe that no altcoin will have BTC's. But if we think about new features, several altcoins have something to add to the game.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
It took Bitcoin nearly 9 years for it to get to this point with the help of global economic meltdown FUD. It only took Ethereum about 2 and a half years (of real developmemt) for its valuation.

I can see alts taking a dominating position in the next 3 to 5 years with Ethereum being the most likely choice.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
= jasad =
Bitcoin is dominating now among other crypto currencies and altcoins. But nobody knows what the future will bring to us. Bitcoin is not perfect if to think carefully, so, something like Bitcoin 2.0 or something else can simply replace it with necessary terms.
it is will only make the cryptocurrency situation worse ,
'the biggest cryptocurrency collapse' that what will listed in the news headline ,
nothing good will happened if bitcoin get replaced ,
better to find a way to fix any bitcoin technical problem and figure out to resolve it together, don't be selfish for the sake of money.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I didn't see or read anywhere that big businesses are shifting their funds towards alt-coins.  Huh But alt-coin could have some bigger role in economy, like let's say theres an alt-coin made with sole purpose of paying really low costs like a few dollars and like that could be implemented in various businesses like coffee shops, but otherwise no, probably not.
The problem with the altcoins is they don’t have the same popularity like bitcoin and don’t have that much business supporting them so people find places to spend their coins on, so with that even if they become viable they won’t have as much users as the bitcoin.

However as the time goes by and people thinking that the bitcoin won’t last forever and it will become harder and harder to get they start switching to the altcoins and then they will stand a chance, but I don’t see that happening any time soon because most of the people are focusing on getting as much bitcoin as they can.
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
It is difficult to foretell on
what will happen in the future
but I think altcoins have their
own chances.
Activity: 368
Merit: 266
It costs more to engage in a transaction with bitcoin then it does with a credit card; why would anybody adopt bitcoin? The altcoins are so much cheaper to shop with so they may have a chance to be used more than bitcoin if this trend persists.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Bitcoin is not going to get crumble so easily because the amount of people interested want the price decreased because they want to purchase more coins.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
Bitcoin is dominating now among other crypto currencies and altcoins. But nobody knows what the future will bring to us. Bitcoin is not perfect if to think carefully, so, something like Bitcoin 2.0 or something else can simply replace it with necessary terms.
Activity: 642
continues to establish as a,strongest and the most valuable cryptocurrency. This hasn't come over knight and can't be replaced over knight but at the moment I also can't see that some other cryptocurrency has the potential to go through that way and take 's position.
I wouldn't say it's impossibe but it will not happen for a long time.
bitcoin is reached to the point which is almost impossible for any altcoin to reach. it has a strong payroll system which i don't have seen by any other cryptocurrency. i think it is the only crytocurrency which is used as a payment purpose as long as it will not be overcome not any of the cryptocurrency will be able to replace it.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
I didn't see or read anywhere that big businesses are shifting their funds towards alt-coins.  Huh But alt-coin could have some bigger role in economy, like let's say theres an alt-coin made with sole purpose of paying really low costs like a few dollars and like that could be implemented in various businesses like coffee shops, but otherwise no, probably not.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
I do not dare to make accurate predictions but I think the altcoin types have little chance of being able to overcome Bitcoin. Bitcoin is still dominating the electronic money world, despite the high volatility and higher operating costs but its value is still huge, many people are still using and exploiting Bitcoin. But that does not mean Bitcoin will not be overcome by other altcoin. At present, some potential altcoins such as Eth, Dash, Litecoin may be able to compete with Bitcoin.
Activity: 742
Transaction fees is a great issue nowadays.Some people said that they could even use dash coin as its transaction is faster.But we would be too immature to think that bitcoin would be rejected for this factor alone and that alts would replace bitcoin.It would be a funny argument.Most of people,especially business people whi know abut bitcoin today,out of them not even 10% people would be knowing about altcoins.It is not an easy task for any altcoin to gain the trust which bitcoin has got.
Activity: 518
I think all of altcoins right now are starting against bitcoin because almost all of altcoins has values​
they makes updating for better the digital currencies,
all of them have mission becomes​ better than bitcoin and try fixing the weakness of bitcoin
but I don't see can replace of bitcoin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 502
I don't want to speculate about chances of any altcoin to take the lead and become the number one cryptocurrency instead of BTC.
What I know is that altcoins developers already tried to compare their coins to bitcoin. The usual rhetoric they use:
bitcoin is slow, confirmations can take hours or even days, bitcoin is the most expensive cryptocurrency - standard tx fee is $0.50.
It is hard to argue with facts.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
I think every cryptocurrency competes to stand on top just that bitcoin is superior Although with the problems that occur bitcoin still has a lot of loyal users though not denied there is left a bitcoin because fee transaction
Pages:
Jump to: