Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think an ICO, or coin, is all about the marketing? - page 4. (Read 2462 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
I mean most these ICOs are not even original ...
Adult dating, real estate, gambling, etc etc ...
Really there is nothing new to the table, so what is it about ?
How much you spend on marketing ?

That's pretty much my thought. I see new alt-coins popping out every day... as you said, for gambling, for music,etc.. they've became like facebook credits, you buy them and use them on one specific website just for that company that created it so they can roll those coins on their own website while the price is rising... similar strategy to steam, where you can deposit money and sell games but you can't withdraw.
At the end of the day, it's all about the profit. They are following this kind of trend in order to generate even more profit.
Activity: 197
Marketing is a method used to do a business.  The products we use now were newly invented and reached us because of marketing. Just look at the innovations from each ICO. Too many good projects.  These projects should reach only via marketing.
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Most of it yes, all about it of course not. Marketing has a big part in how successful a project or a brand will be. Just take an example of smartphone market in developing countries. It is now flooded with China Phone which has no real spec but huge and massive marketing, they even surpass those of reputable brand likes S*ams*ng and *ppl*. Quality of the product will decide whether their ealry investor will continue to support or leave them.
Activity: 182
everything need marketing. that is why google get so much money. everything need to known your coin then it can get value

I agree with you. Everything needs market. Everything is all about marketing even in the smallest thing. Even in our oldest generation they already did the marketing. They trade things to another even if there is no money yet. All things around us just circulates. And that's the world we used to be.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Marketing is only a tool to make ICO successful . I think that the most thing is the team and what they got or have done before deciding go ICO. For example collected huge client base, created first phase of project, partnered with big known company out of Crypto to collaborate and so. We need see real homework not talks only!
Activity: 196
everything need marketing. that is why google get so much money. everything need to known your coin then it can get value
Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

Many ICOs are now quite similar to ICOs that have already passed through. Some are even copies in general. But to a certain extent, this will offer a competitive market because there will now be more than one project putting forward certain offers in the market.

There are also highly original and revolutionary ICOs though.
Activity: 79
Merit: 11
what is a coin without marketing?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
I don't agree that marketing consists of the complete success of an ICO. Yes it can be crucial for most coins but I've seen many ICOs with barely any marketing making it big. What I think is that actual selling point of any project is its functionality in everyday use. It's getting harder and harder for ICOs to come up with original ideas for these kinds of projects. Now all we see are the same ideas regurgitated by rivaling startups just +1 then the next. Original ideas and strong ethics in development is truly what stands out further than marketing in the long run.
but I think even though they have very good ideas and useful development but if they do not do good marketing then their project will not be publicly known dude. I know that a good idea is the main thing in the ICO. but we can not skip marketing for project building plans? because marketing is one of the most important things as well.. #IMO
Activity: 14
 icos need to market their coin and not just to potential investors like us but also to the people they want to use their coin or service.
Merit: 103
I don't agree that marketing consists of the complete success of an ICO. Yes it can be crucial for most coins but I've seen many ICOs with barely any marketing making it big. What I think is that actual selling point of any project is its functionality in everyday use. It's getting harder and harder for ICOs to come up with original ideas for these kinds of projects. Now all we see are the same ideas regurgitated by rivaling startups just +1 then the next. Original ideas and strong ethics in development is truly what stands out further than marketing in the long run.
Activity: 1176
Vave.com
as finishing customs of manage with the goods production on offers with the deliverance to public audience, the ico schemes help decision as developer to gains of access to investors forum and collects of chance with the funding of projects and follows with the future enterprise and the exchange on market as the price on movesment with the volatility of supply and demands.

~V~
Activity: 21
Most of the altcoins in the top 20 marketcap are very scammy, so I think it's all about marketing... in the short term. In the long term, only the cryptocurrencies with real innovation will survive.
Activity: 182
In an impatient market like crypto, marketing does seem to be more important than product, whitepaper, roadmap, development team in the eyes of many "investors"... But once the market is more mature it'll matter less and less, and finished products will be able to speak for themselves when that day comes!
Activity: 853
Merit: 144
Anyone can hire a spokesperson that doesnt understand what theyre talking about.
Activity: 140
Merit: 103
Not all, but marketing is big part ICO's , and not only part of  ICO's. Marketing is part of everything that you bought, buy or will buy in the future.
For example looks at 'xbox one' and 'ps4' sales, this is almost similar consoles. But marketing from Sony destroyed 'xboxone' on presales and sales till now. Just a right marketing, with ICO's the same
Activity: 868
Merit: 151
YES!

Marketing is one of the most important tools in business
without it a product or service will remain virtually invisible
to potential customers and investors.

Marketing helps the product to get the brand recognition and aware the consumer about the product or service which is available to its future customers. Due to which such marketing is necessary and ICO is an type of marketing in which they attract the customers to invest in their coin.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
It is apparently all about the marketing hoping you will find people that will believe in your project and will love to participate in it since it can be a huge benefit for them. However, so many ICOs today have totally lost touch with the real world and hence you even see an ICO promoting the future of Banana (no offense). Grin I think some of these coins are just there for ICO sake and nothing else.
copper member
Activity: 15
Celsius (CEL)

Generally. It's all about the vision, team and execution.

But I think....  Marketing plays a huge role in ICO. from PR, Brand, Communications, Community, Social Media, Bounty Programs, Paid Advertisements, etc. most ICO's spend around $50k to a $300k to achieve the crowd sale goal in the shortest amount of time.

Activity: 294
Merit: 114
Marketing is one of the things that makes an ICO successful but as we can observe in all business, marketing is important in order for the people to be aware of it. The most famous brands even those that are already household names have something new to offer to make people be excited about their products even if they have just added a little twist to their existing products. Some investors also who are just sick of the scam ICOs look at the team behind it because credibility of a person also attract investors and make them trust a project.

Marketing is like soul for ICOs or other online business. Even if the you just want to sell one single product you have, marketing is always be the number one. People, the team, the devs are important, but people who is new to the ICO usually don't see the devs or the team. They just want to see the feature that the ICO provide. ICO must have some speciality and differance to the existing ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: