Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think an ICO, or coin, is all about the marketing? - page 7. (Read 2462 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Angel Token - World's First Refundable ICO
Hmm I don't think it's all about marketing...mona.co had the best marketing team and they were everywhere and although raised great money, didn't raised as much as I would have expected from the hype. A good idea but also execution of said idea is what's doing it I'd say.
But yeah, marketing is a biggie either way, just not "all".
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
definitely, look how ICO's like status raised over 100m dollar for just an app... 
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
Ofcourse they are all about marketing. All these projects are not aming to make world a better place or something , everyone just wants to get piece from these cake full of precious fruits.
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
No marketing does expose your product with multiple ways achieving all levels of investors and potencial investors, but if your product or what you have to offer doesnt worth the cost it wont sell even with an amazing marketing around. Most ICO has achieved sucess because its a new project working based into crypto, social, gamble and some others new projets are allowing to use crypto for something we do already but only with fiat.
Activity: 322
Marketing ads has been use as a tool to reach out the market and they are willing to spend some serious cash just to make some noise.
Best quality ico has their own credit and unique promises.they dont need to make some shitty paid ads just to get your attention and make some noise. For me an ico spending to much money on shitty ads rather than giving real value to community is a quick turnoff.
Activity: 55
I mean most these ICOs are not even original ...
Adult dating, real estate, gambling, etc etc ...
Really there is nothing new to the table, so what is it about ?
How much you spend on marketing ?

That's pretty much my thought. I see new alt-coins popping out every day... as you said, for gambling, for music,etc.. they've became like facebook credits, you buy them and use them on one specific website just for that company that created it so they can roll those coins on their own website while the price is rising... similar strategy to steam, where you can deposit money and sell games but you can't withdraw.

I would tell you "yes," marketing plays a significant role in ICO or coin popularity. The more efficient marketing is, the more clients will be engaged into this project or coin whatsoever, thus increasing its value.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
Well, to my understanding marketing is one of the key success factor in any project. Project owners market their coins or project during ICO to the potential investor is not something bad but most of the ICO in recent time are just out to scam prospective investors.
Activity: 111
I work in advertising, and thus I may be bias here...no, but it's a very key component...and it's not just ICOs.

I've seen loads of coins that talk about 'millennials', talk overly techy, don't have a single-minded proposition and don't communicate it well...and worst of all, terrible terrible community management. The latter point is true of a majority, rather than a minority, of coins IMO.

You can have the best tech and product in the game, but if you don't market it well it'll never been seen and adopted by the masses. It might rise, but ultimately it will eventually fall. Look at PayPal's approach, look at Mastercard. For anything financial related, you need trust and acceptance...you need to communicate and market simply and effectively.

Few do it well, I think Dash is one of them. Monero too.

Being new to crypto world is making me feel like a noob as I read more. Have to research about what you said so my judgement can be better.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
In a way you are correct. Most cryptos/alts have no use case. I have hardly seen less than 5 alts that are currently being used in real life situations. That said, its like the internet bubble times, there will be few compines which will become the facebook or apple in crypto world in 5-10 years down the lane. Our job is to hunt them dowm and buy em
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
As a company, you pretty much have to spend everything on marketing before the ICO. This is because if the ICO is disastrous, you can't go through with the project as the company won't have the funds. Also means you can't really start working on a project in terms of development before the ICO as you never know if the ICO will reach the minimum cap.  I don't think anyone really likes this system, but it is the way it is.
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
well I do think marketing is the key to almost everything we do. looking for a job is marketing, we are marketing ourselves to potential employers. If we make goods we need to market it to potential customers. so icos need to market their coin and not just to potential investors like us but also to the people they want to use their coin or service.
Activity: 274
I work in advertising, and thus I may be bias here...no, but it's a very key component...and it's not just ICOs.

I've seen loads of coins that talk about 'millennials', talk overly techy, don't have a single-minded proposition and don't communicate it well...and worst of all, terrible terrible community management. The latter point is true of a majority, rather than a minority, of coins IMO.

You can have the best tech and product in the game, but if you don't market it well it'll never been seen and adopted by the masses. It might rise, but ultimately it will eventually fall. Look at PayPal's approach, look at Mastercard. For anything financial related, you need trust and acceptance...you need to communicate and market simply and effectively.

Few do it well, I think Dash is one of them. Monero too.

Activity: 392
Marketing is big, Apple is a relatively bland brand in technology (imo) but their marketing made them a leader, marketing ICOs is something every company will do but what you as an investor should focus is not the flashy stuff, read the white paper, see the use cases and then decide
You have said it all, I totally concur
Activity: 140
a lot of coin will rising up if it have good dev team behind

when it has been marketing , community use it always, i think it is good ICOs .

spend  on marketing ? i think 80% when begin .
Activity: 308
Marketing is one of the things that makes an ICO successful but as we can observe in all business, marketing is important in order for the people to be aware of it. The most famous brands even those that are already household names have something new to offer to make people be excited about their products even if they have just added a little twist to their existing products. Some investors also who are just sick of the scam ICOs look at the team behind it because credibility of a person also attract investors and make them trust a project.
True, there's also a risk of harming the company if the wrong type of promotion was used. That is why it's better to promote while being smart about it.
Activity: 168
the same or similar goods with the service as developer to work on naratives as delivering the initial message
to future investors as the returns on chance as the decision on investors to evaluate/qualify as using of choice with
the occupation of systematicals/strategics.
Activity: 31
Marketing is big, Apple is a relatively bland brand in technology (imo) but their marketing made them a leader, marketing ICOs is something every company will do but what you as an investor should focus is not the flashy stuff, read the white paper, see the use cases and then decide
Absolutely agree on this.
Activity: 747
Merit: 502
Activity: 70
Marketing is a huge part of any company, because without getting your idea out it does not matter how good a concept it is.

I would be weary of ICO's that are clearly just throwing capital at articles and google ads. There are some many ICO's out there you have such a wide choice to pick from.

I personally go for ICO's that are marketed well (mostly through growth hacking or content marketing) rather than just ads that pop up in front of my face on my screen.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
YES obviously!

so far those coins/ICOs with the best advertising team and lots of marketing have been more successful than anything else. the examples among actual coins are countless.

there are a lot of shitcoins with good advertisement and good pumpers that are on top. and there are good coins that are doing the same thing better than those same shitcoins but they lack advertisement an they are on the bottom and nobody even hears about them.
Pages:
Jump to: